It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Runs CFR Propaganda as Fact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What do you do if you are dying mainstream media entity and your masters are giving you too much information to spin? Well if you are the overwhelmed NBC web team, you might as well just publish their propaganda as "facts":

Here

Blatantly, brazenly published on the worthless NBC.com site is this piece of naked propaganda, prefaced with this imbecilic drivel:

By Jonathan Masters , CFR.org Associate Staff Writer Wondering what exactly is going on with the Syrian crisis? What have the various global responses been? Who are the rebels? What is Kofi Annan’s six-point plan? How have China and Russia responded to the unrest? Read the Council on Foreign Relations very thorough backgrounder on Syria's Crisis and the Global Response below.

I wanted all truth-tellers to see this, as yet more very clear evidence the MSM is just taking their talking points directly and without apology from a billionaire controlled anti-democratic bunch of taxypayer supported liars and propagandists.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

I don't really follow. Are you upset because NBC is asking questions about what's happening in Syria?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

I don't really follow. Are you upset because NBC is asking questions about what's happening in Syria?

I don't really follow how you can pretend not to understand. This is not "NBC asking questions about Syria" as your lies put it.

This is NBC regurgitating, directly, without editing, the propagandistic lies of the Council on Foreign Relations, which is an unelected amalgamation of billionaires who only want profit and protection of their wealth.

But you already knew that.

edit on 7/26/2012 by Nicorette because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Not that I disagree with your stance on MSNBC or the CFR...but...

If you are going to claim something as propaganda, then I'm gonna need you to point out what that propaganda is..

As a side note, is there anything in the MSM that isn't propaganda?

Why all the outrage at something that happens every day?

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette

Originally posted by billy197300

I don't really follow how you can pretend not to understand. This is not "NBC asking questions about Syria" as your lies put it.

This is NBC regurgitating, directly, without editing, the propagandistic lies of the Council on Foreign Relations, which is an unelected amalgamation of billionaires who only want profit and protection of their wealth.

But you already knew that.

edit on 7/26/2012 by Nicorette because: (no reason given)

I am not lying to you, I don't even know you, what would be the point in that? I was simply trying to understand what you were getting at so I could discuss it with you. The way I understand it you are saying that NBC is spreading propaganda simply asking questions. I know that can't be right .

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I don't get your meaning either?

Are you saying you are pro-Assad? Pro-Rebels? Side with nobody? For intervening? Against intervening?

What parts of that are untrue and what parts are true in your opinion?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

i am slightly confused too...only thing i can garner is that since the questions came from the CFR maybe the OP is trying to just question why the CFR's questions even matter? i dont know lol...i dont trust the CFR as well tho...

really just wanted to comment because i very much love your profile picture...beautiful

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Not that I disagree with your stance on MSNBC or the CFR...but...

If you are going to claim something as propaganda, then I'm gonna need you to point out what that propaganda is..

As a side note, is there anything in the MSM that isn't propaganda?

Why all the outrage at something that happens every day?

~Tenth

Because I've never seen it so blatant as publishing an entire article from the CFR without even pretending to be balanced, having an opposing view, spinning it, pretending even to be neutral. It's just right there: We are NBC, here is CFR, here is what CFR tells you that you need to know.

It is a bald-faced admission the CFR just runs these mainstream media pukes, writes their talking points. They might as well change the name of the station to CFR instead of NBC. Sure, we all know that here, but most people do not. Usually they try and hide this stuff.

Seriously, if NBC just published an article by say Nation of Islam as "What you need to know about Islam" would people be in shock? Of course! Yet when they publish this globalist elitist trash point of view, nobody is surprised? Nobody calls them on it? Blatant propaganda.

I am going to contact FAIR and AIM, just for fun.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Now that makes sense. I get you. Your right.

As to NBC News products,

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

This article is not written "by" the CFR, it was written by one of the staffers. It actually only includes information that was already public knowledge, it just consolidated it into one article.

I fail to see how this is global elitist trash, or anything of the sort. It's same kind of propaganda and war mongering we've heard from all MSM and governments regarding Syria and Iran.

And as far as them hiding stuff, the global elite are actually some of the most honest scum bags on teh planet.

Most of the CFR's nefarious agenda among others can be found online in officially released documents such as Agenda 21...

So...still not seeing the outrage here.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm guessing your on about them parroting instead of researching and reporting? Is that it?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

or even trying to take the place over ....trying to slip the spun-up facts by anyone they can
like a used car salesman...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I wanted all truth-tellers to see this, as yet more very clear evidence the MSM is just taking their talking points directly and without apology from a billionaire controlled anti-democratic bunch of taxypayer supported liars and propagandists.
What a bunch of non-critical gibberish!!

If this is "billionaire controlled," maybe you should consider the officers and directors as well as the hundreds of non-billionaire members who contribute to the CFR.

Don't get me wrong; I;m not an apologist for NWO or globalost group-think; but I cannot abide blind ignorance of fact and pure demogogic blather.

CFR Officers and Direvctors:
Board of Directors
Carla A. Hills
Co-Chairman; Chairman and CEO, Hills & Company
Robert E. Rubin
Co-Chairman; Former Secretary of the U.S. Treasury
David M. Rubenstein
Vice Chairman; Cofounder and Managing Director, The Carlyle Group
Richard E. Salomon
Vice Chairman; Managing Partner, East End Advisors, LLC
Richard N. Haass
President, Council on Foreign Relations
John P. Abizaid
Senior Partner, JPA Partners LLC
Peter Ackerman
Managing Director, Rockport Capital, Inc.
Madeleine K. Albright
Chair, Albright Stonebridge Group LLC
lan S. Blinder
Gordon S. Rentschler Memorial Professor of Economics and Public Affairs, Princeton University
Mary Boies
Managing Partner, Boies & McInnis LLP
David G. Bradley
Chairman, Atlantic Media Company
Tom Brokaw
Special Correspondent, NBC News
Sylvia Mathews Burwell
President, Walmart Foundation
Martin S. Feldstein
President Emeritus, National Bureau of Economic Research
Stephen Friedman
Chairman, Stone Point Capital
Ann M. Fudge
Pamela Gann
President, Claremont McKenna College
Thomas H. Glocer
Peter B. Henry
Dean, Stern School of Business
J. Tomilson Hill
Vice Chairman, The Blackstone Group
Donna J. Hrinak
President, Boeing Brazil, The Boeing Company
Alberto Ibargüen
President, John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
Shirley Ann Jackson
President, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Muhtar Kent
Chairman and CEO, The Coca-Cola Company
Jami Miscik
President and Vice Chairman, Kissinger Associates, Inc.
Joseph S. Nye Jr.
Distinguished Service Professor, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
James W. Owens
Chairman and CEO Emeritus, Caterpillar Inc.
Eduardo J. Padrón
President, Miami Dade College
Peter G. Peterson
Chairman, Peter G. Peterson Foundation
Colin L. Powell
United States Army (Ret.)
Penny Pritzker
Founder, Chairman, and CEO, PSP Capital Partners and Pritzker Realty Group
George Rupp
President and CEO, International Rescue Committee
Frederick W. Smith
Chairman, President, and CEO, Federal Express Corporation
Margaret Warner
Senior Correspondent, PBS NewsHour
Vin Weber
Co-Chairman and Partner, Mercury/Clark & Weinstock
Christine Todd Whitman
President, The Whitman Strategy Group
Fareed Zakaria

Officers
Carla A. Hills
Co-Chairman
Robert E. Rubin
Co-Chairman
David M. Rubenstein
Vice Chairman
Richard E. Salomon
Vice Chairman
Richard N. Haass
President
Keith Olson
Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, and Treasurer
James M. Lindsay
Senior Vice President, Director of Studies, and Maurice R. Greenberg Chair
Nancy D. Bodurtha
Vice President, Meetings
Irina A. Faskianos
Vice President, National Program and Outreach
Lynda Hammes
Publisher, Foreign Affairs
Suzanne E. Helm
Vice President, Development
Jan Mowder Hughes
Vice President, Human Resources and Administration
L. Camille Massey
Vice President, Membership, Corporate, and International
Lisa Shields
Vice President, Global Communications and Media Relations
Jeffrey A. Reinke
Secretary of the Corporation

The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is an independent, nonpartisan membership organization, think tank, and publisher. CFR members, including Brian Williams, Fareed Zakaria, Angelina Jolie, Chuck Hagel, and Erin Burnett, explain why the Council on Foreign Relations is an indispensable resource in a complex world.

www.cfr.org...

Come on; get a life
edit on 26-7-2012 by jdub297 because: url

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Well, I have yo agree that Brian Williams, Robert Rubin, Tom Brokaw, Shirley Jackson, Vin Weber and Fareed Zakaria are all biased demagogies; but "taxpayer supported?"

Show mw some proof. You are making things up out of your own fears and prejudices.
CFR Financial Statement:
www.cfr.org...

Deny Ignorants.

jw
edit on 26-7-2012 by jdub297 because: sp

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

So I might be able to shed a little light on this situation. I have close friends and contacts in Policy Think Tanks, the White House, and the country in question (Syria) and elsewhere across the middle east, some of whom have been directly affected during the massacre occurring in Syria since Summer 2011 ish. Yes Summer 2011. Didn't hear about it? That's a good reason not to have faith in MSM for sure, so I understand the OP's skepticism. Many very smart people I know do not believe the MSM is a good source of information, so you are not alone.

However, this skepticism can be taken to far when it comes to assuming a massacre is not happening. It is. It has been since 2011 and arabic language bloggers have produced a slew of primary material to attest to this fact. This is, however, not accessible to most in the west (my arabic is awful as well) but my arabic speaking friends can attest to the reality of the situation. But do realize ATSers that although you have been mislead by the MSM on specifics, this massacre is extremely real and children and the uninvolved have taken most of the damage. Do not deny this point, please. Yes, the MSM is really bad at information on lots of things, but they've been sort of OK when it comes to Syria. Not good, not even passable, but less bad.

In terms of the reports, don't even pay attention to them. I don't, and most of my friends see them as the slant that they are, seeking more to push an ideology and less to propagate fact and understanding. The estimates are estimates and the methodology always has some set of flaws, more or less significant depending on your particular viewpoint. However, the crisis is real. The killing and torture is happening. Lots of people in the region itself can attest to that fact.

Remember ATSers, primary sources are the best sources. Check them out. Don't be afraid to look for info outside of english, and use Google translate liberally but with a grain of salt. Only use the MSM as a litmus test. For example Kofi is a puppet to autocrats, and has been for decades. The peace finding mission is a joke. Check out his connections to all sorts of dictators, and all the regions where he attempted to broker peace before (Bosnia is a good example). Bashar is a baby killing POS and the Alawites and Syrian christians who proop him up are no better. That's what you need to know about Syria. The rest is just noise.

Best,
StannyKCl

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
look at the article from the msn page and then check out the comments
theres the mayority right there just buying everything it says
simply because of the 'brand'

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Excellent post Nicorette, S&F

It's very scary propaganda indeed, those who are victims of the propaganda will not see that, they will think this is purely factual. I'd recommend to anyone who can't see this is propaganda to watch Russia Today for a while, once they've got an opposing view they can then make a balanced decision.

The Syrian invasion has been planned for many years, and even going decades back the plan was always to have the CIA and MI5 on Syria's borders controlling so-called 'Rebels' and fabricating a 'humanitarian crisis', as an excuse for 'intervention'.

What do you do if you are dying mainstream media entity and your masters are giving you too much information to spin? Well if you are the overwhelmed NBC web team, you might as well just publish their propaganda as "facts":

Here

Blatantly, brazenly published on the worthless NBC.com site is this piece of naked propaganda, prefaced with this imbecilic drivel:

By Jonathan Masters , CFR.org Associate Staff Writer Wondering what exactly is going on with the Syrian crisis? What have the various global responses been? Who are the rebels? What is Kofi Annan’s six-point plan? How have China and Russia responded to the unrest? Read the Council on Foreign Relations very thorough backgrounder on Syria's Crisis and the Global Response below.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
For those who don't know what CFR is, it's controlled by the Rockefeller's (globalist bankers and funders of the NAZI's) and used to direct the United Nations.

edit on 28-7-2012 by drbatstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
NBC is owned by General Electric, the same people who make aircraft engines, and nuclear reactors for ships, and lots of other things. They are part of the military industrial complex and they want war for more profits.

The Meek shall inherit the earth, that is a promise. The USA aint the meek..

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Well you can't exactly expect NBC to come out and proclaim that the US/Isreal have the most to gain by getting Assad overthrown and replaced with a government which is more succeptible to Zionist imperialism.

How else is the MSM going to get the word out that Assad is killing his own people and that China and Russia are somehow ignoring it while the US and her NATO allies are necessary to save the day?

new topics

top topics

join