It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's funny how a simple government form can make you examine your fears and beliefs.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
I'm sorry. I can't help but laughing though.........

If you go with the 2 year plan........and the world DOES end this December.......

Are your last thoughts going to be: "Crap! I KNEW I shouldn't have gone with the 2 year plan!" ????

Not laughing at you. I just find the whole thing kind of funny, as I know that for me anyways if the world was ending around me, my last thoughts wouldn't be about my car registration....

Knowing myself, I would probably recall this thread and regret the 2-year decision.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I don't know what State you live in, but that is terrible! I live in Ohio, southern part. down here we do not have the emission test, but as a precaution, I had my van, which runs an HHO Reactor and no CAT through a test offered by the State Police here, and it passed. I received a form stating that my vehicle passed. We get a notice in the mail when license plates or driver's license is about to expire, and plates can be obtained by mail.

I can relate on the DMV. I hate that place.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I am north of you across the border. But the thread is about which decision to make, the two-year renewal or the one year, depending on what you believe about the 21st of December 2012. so which way would you decide?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by autowrench

I am north of you across the border. But the thread is about which decision to make, the two-year renewal or the one year, depending on what you believe about the 21st of December 2012. so which way would you decide?

I would go with the two year, more convenient for you, and probably a better deal. My opinion here, do as you wish.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by aboutface

2012 is a hoax, don't feel stupid when 2013 gets here. Just in case you don't understand, do not contemplate 2012 when making decisions.

Why should I ever feel stupid for reflecting on my own beliefs? I never said what my beliefs were except for Murphy's Law.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Another vote for two although I'm late to this party. My former state offered a driver's license deal 4 or 6 years. I went for the 6. It expired in 2012, btw, and I always found that kind o' funny haha.

It was nice to have the extra time and not worry about it.

I was, however, a little more wrinkled in my DL pic in 2012 than I would've been in 2010 though, so...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Btw, when I went for the renewal, there had been a recent cutback in services and there was only one clerk to handle the whole room. Needless to say the first guy in line was a car dealer from an outside area and his stuff took forever to process. People at the DMV were impatient and tense also caused by a family with three restless toddlers whose father decided to bawl out their mother for some reason. By the time my turn came I did ask her the question, but I already knew that the atmosphere in that place would prevent anone from revealing any personal beliefs. However when I asked her, it was like comic relief to her, a welcome break from the horrible tension in the room. I only renewed for a year, because my bank account was running on fumes after paying car insurance and safety test and a couple of car parts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join