It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roadkill Experiment Shows That Six Percent of Drivers Are Sadistic Animal Killers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ok well... maybe it should be Sadistic RUBBER animal killers... but the drivers didn't know that.

Statistics from the video say that 1.8 % of people are sociopaths... with no real feelings, your Dexters of the world... (still the best show on Television in my opinion).

Dexter homepage/image source.

I can understand swerving to kill a Spider or Snake.... they can potentially harm somone later, but to swerve to kill a Turtle?

It sad reality to see people are really so heartless:

Our friend Mark Rober from NASA makes some awesome videos, but this science experiment must be his best yet. He basically showed that six percent of the drivers out there are sadistic animal killers.
This is what he did:

• He alternatively placed a rubber animal—and a leaf as a control object—on the shoulder of a road: a turtle, a snake, or a spider.

• He watched one thousand cars pass by and annotated the drivers' reaction.

Gizmodo

edit on 26-7-2012 by pianopraze because: ...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Six percent isn't really that much considering how many crazy people there are every day driving. I have run over a few things in my day by accident or trying to avoid it would have been dangerous, but intentionally going out of your way to kill something just for the sake of killing is wrong.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've quite literally stopped, gotten out and moved the little things across the road. Many people out here do once clear of the city area. I hate people who do this deliberately. How the sheer simply act of killing is amusing to some is flat out beyond me at this point in life. I just can't get it...and I'm glad too.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Wait.. Wasn't this JUST posted within the last hour? And actually still quite an active topic? I think so.. Search Bar..

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Its under, "The Roadkill Experiment"

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Great thread!

A lot sick people out there! Interesting most driving large SUVs and Trucks!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I would bet its higher...

People with nice cars, or smaller would probably be afraid of damaging their cars.

So the avoidance would of had nothing to do with the poor animal but themselves...

I see dead animals on the road all the time over here...
edit on 26-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Please post your comments to the original thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I got my last girlfriend that way. We were riding and when I pulled over to get a box turtle out of the road she decided then that I was worth knowing better.

Remember that tip single guys.

I've seen people actually swerve to hit an animal crossing the road before.
I've never been so tempted to commit an act of road rage as I was then.

top topics

join