It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Damascus Falls, Assad Planning Counter-Attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I thought this video was very informative, especially the parts about Assad arming missiles with chemical weapons with the intent of using them against Israel and its allied nations if Damascus falls. I think the situation in Syria is heating up right now, and no one is paying enough attention to it because of the Aurora shootings.

It may even seem to some that I am posting irrelevant information, but I think this information is extremely relevant, but everyone is being distracted at the moment. I think people will begin to see what I mean in the coming weeks.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Counter offensive already in full swing :www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-7-2012 by all2human because: because

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

. I think the situation in Syria is heating up right now, and no one is paying enough attention to it because of the Aurora shootings.

It may even seem to some that I am posting irrelevant information, but I think this information is extremely relevant, but everyone is being distracted at the moment. I think people will begin to see what I mean in the coming weeks.

i heavily concur, i posted a topic about Alleged 'Foreign Fighters' from Libya, Turkey fighting with the Rebels, with no thought for concern and highly under reported,

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I completely agree. This news did get a brief national BBC airing though, they seem to have forgotten all about it for now. They are dropping updates on Syria every now and then to keep it "alive" in the public subconscious. Need to give the people their dose of fear. I will add, the BBC's news didn't go into anywhere near as much detail.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I think the situation is heating up rather quickly, and most people are going to be surprised once it spirals out of control very soon because they are being distracted.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
the games are about to begin, and not just the olympic ones so it seems

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

Pay attention people! Yeah, no one is paying attention. Must make it easier to set things up.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I shut it down as soon as I seen it was a Debka File video, that means it got 2 seconds of viewing by me.
Nobody believes anything from those cry wolfers.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

All right, thanks I'll keep that in mind - but this time what they are saying makes sense.

Syria: Chemical Weapons Out

Syria Threatens Chemical Attack on Foreign Force

Syria Says it will Use Chemical Weapons if Attacked

I do admit that using them in retaliatory strikes against other countries might be a bit of a stretch... but it seems like a lot of people on ATS and in general seem to be ignoring the blatant fact that we are headed for a major blowout. Maybe it's a defense mechanism or something, to block out information that is too traumatic to handle.

edit on 26-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
every man with nothing to do in the region is flowing into a Syria.

Apocalyptic style battles are the ones people live for and this one is coming to a conclusion.

I think many are upset because it won't directly involve Israel or the United States. It's funny to me.

but I disagree about the chemical weapons attack because Assad has already been captured and all the orders he's been giving to 'his' forces are authored by his captors. I don't have any proof of the statement above, so please don't get all nasty about it. but Assad is done without a visit from Jesus in the next 3 days; not dead, necessarily, just done.

but a smooth transition is in the works...thanks to the Chinese and Russians who refused to help open the door for NATO.

besides, Israeli intelligence is probably in Syria babysitting the chemical weapons by now and if the conditions changed they'd be captured before they could be used and the Israeli air force would shoot down anything launched.

edit on 26-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
but I disagree about the chemical weapons attack because Assad has already been captured and all the orders he's been giving to 'his' forces are authored by his captors. I don't have any proof of the statement above, so please don't get all nasty about it. but Assad is done without a visit from Jesus in the next 3 days; not dead, necessarily, just done.

You know how this works..

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

(Reuters) - Brigadier General Manaf Tlas, one of the most senior defectors from President Bashar al-Assad's rule, met on Thursday with the foreign minister of Turkey, Syria's powerful neighbor which has a stake in shaping any post-Assad leadership.

and

The general, a Sunni Muslim member of Assad's mostly Alawite inner circle and a senior officer in the Republican Guards, defected earlier this month.

"I will cooperate with every honorable person who wants to rebuild Syria, be it the National Council or the (rebel) Free Syria Army," he said.

Tlas said it would be difficult to overthrow the president from within. "The structure and system of the regime makes a coup from inside very difficult," he said, adding he did not see a future for Assad in Syria.

Asked whether Assad was calling the shots in Syria, he said: "They are the decisions of the circle around him ... He is not weak but there (are people) in the circle around him who played down the crisis to him, so he preferred to deal with it through a (security) framework."

General might become the president of new Syria imho.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What happens if Allepo falls?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

So you think the Syrian crisis is going to resolve smoothly and relatively peacefully?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I am not going to speak to the syrian people! But......

Assad is pro western (or was or still maybe
)

Assad is pro Christian so why the Israelis hate him?? I do not know. Is it the ties with the (Isreali former allies) Iran! Sad Israel used to supply Nuclear tech to Iran

I know his army are Ruthless but they are not as bad as the now formed FSA

It is a cival war as any person in America will know after the UK left USA they imploded into a civil war.

A bit like India

And every other country that was in the British comenwelth and has gone to rule themselves they have all gone through civil war!
edit on 27-7-2012 by jroduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I think many are upset because it won't directly involve Israel or the United States. It's funny to me

A chess player is patient, and only makes moves that are necessary.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
There is no heart in getting involved with Syria (not in the non covert view anyway
)

But he who said they are hiding behind russia may be corect.

We have not sen Security coubcil Resolution 377a yet have we?!

377a a Unity for Peace!

That was used with the Korean war!

Also I cannot see any ge I will not say false flags as we have had one already

No attacks as I cannot se anyone wanting to do that unless they see our BEEFED up army and say YO theres a Target!

God help any person that hits london

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

17 months and 20,000 dead wasn't very smooth or peaceful. actually i think Syria was the worst of all the Arab Spring inspired collapses...Libya only had insane levels of violence in a couple of cities; while Syria has spread across the entire country and the threat of WMDs has come into the conversation.

Damascus fell last Tuesday...the Minister of Defense, Deputies Defense Ministers and Intelligence leaders were killed and two others injured severely. If they can't protect themselves...how can they claim to be in control of the country? and there is a human component to this...Assad's decision making process lead to the death of his sister's Husband last week...don't underestimate the psychological impact this can have on a household. I think something like that would cause major arguments at the dinner table.

Assad's counter attack came two days later and it was a failure. He may be a prisoner already and unable to make a decision.

With regards to Syria, everyone on this thread should seriously consider the possibility that the MSM analyses is not at all accurate...

A bloodbath in Allepo where possibly 10,000s of people are wiped out is not realistic...

what is realistic is a story on MSM Sunday afternoon informing all that Assad and his family has fled the country and left it in control of a Transitional Government.

edit on 27-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

I think many are upset because it won't directly involve Israel or the United States. It's funny to me

A chess player is patient, and only makes moves that are necessary.

you are correct. Chess is very boring.

with modern video games the only people that play it are usually inmates in prisons.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Syria regime 'reeling, armed to the teeth' with chemical weapons

The Syrian government has the most developed chemical weapons program in the Third World and it has used them on its own people at least once before.

Heightening concern about the weapons, a Syrian military defector, Gen. Mustafa Sheikh, claimed in an interview with Reuters on Saturday that Syrian forces loyal to President Bashar Assad were repositioning chemical weapons for possible use against the opposition in retaliation for the assassination of four top security officials

On Monday, Pentagon Press Secretary George Little warned that if the Assad regime used chemical weapons on civilians, that would cross a “serious red line.”

Source

So Syria has used WMD on their own people in the past, are preparing them for use now, and the West said that is the red line for intervention basically.

<<   2 >>

join