It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paralyzed Cop Suing Makers Of Glocks after His 3 yr Old Son Shoots Him

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

Maybe I can give it to you on the safety, but to still have it near a young child, forgetting it was even in the car in the first place, not placing the child in the safety seat. As a cop, how many tickets do you write over that? The child gets to the gun you never put away properly, so you sue the people who made the gun, not yourself because you never put it away. In this society, makes perfect sense to me.

Well that sounds perfectly fair. I'll see your safety agreement and raise ya a cell in the state prison for the cop. I have no problem seeing Glock get drop kicked from deep inside one of Cali's finer institutions. He absolutely became a menace to public safety and I suppose that would have been true even if he'd left an empty chamber on this. He still...lost...track...of....it. :eek: It's that forgetting it was there part my brain freezes over from.

So you root for a good meaty conviction and I'll root for the lawsuit to pay the state for his incarceration for endangering everyone around. At the end of the day everyone gets something that works.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Maybe I can give it to you on the safety, but to still have it near a young child, forgetting it was even in the car in the first place, not placing the child in the safety seat. As a cop, how many tickets do you write over that? The child gets to the gun you never put away properly, so you sue the people who made the gun, not yourself because you never put it away. In this society, makes perfect sense to me.

Well that sounds perfectly fair. I'll see your safety agreement and raise ya a cell in the state prison for the cop. I have no problem seeing Glock get drop kicked from deep inside one of Cali's finer institutions. He absolutely became a menace to public safety and I suppose that would have been true even if he'd left an empty chamber on this. He still...lost...track...of....it. :eek: It's that forgetting it was there part my brain freezes over from.

So you root for a good meaty conviction and I'll root for the lawsuit to pay the state for his incarceration for endangering everyone around. At the end of the day everyone gets something that works.

I call. Time to show your hand. LOL I completely agree. If it had been us, we'd be in jail right now and there'd be have all the time in the world to file lawsuits. This guy, complete idiot and lucky his kid is the one who didn't get shot. Very lucky. I'd call for hanging him by his toenails on that alone. Moron!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
How the heck is this the makers of the glocks fault?!!

It's HIS irresponsibility that he is paralyzed nobody else's. He is a cop, he should know better!

He is just pissed because he is paralyzed and wants to blame someone else other than himself. I bet he will take it out on his son for the rest of his life....

Sad for that boy.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The specific incident isn't Glock's fault. Of course not. How many product liability cases are 100% and entirely the fault of the product? It takes a human, usually, to do something really stupid or thoughtless to compete the picture for a tragedy.

In this case, Glock just has a design which made this entirely possible in a situation that almost identical models with one minor change don't make possible. It wouldn't be much anyway if Glock wasn't known for this very thing, but a quick check on the net should show the debates which have raged back and forth over this "defect" as people like me think of it....

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
wrong forum
edit on 7-10-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191

I do believe this was this officers fault. Plain and Simple, you do have a responsibility when you own and a gun AND when you have a 3 year old child around that gun. There is a safety on every glock,

I agree with your sentiment, but Glocks do not have safeties in the conventional sense. There is no lever to press up, down, or sideways. If there is a round in the chamber and you pull the trigger, it WILL fire.

The "safeties" on the Glock are as follows:

1. There is a firing pin safety device so that if you drop the firearm, it will not fire.

2. There is a double-trigger device so that the Glock won't fire unless both are pulled at once. In other words, it has to be an intentional trigger pull.

One other way to prevent accidental firings is to NEVER chamber a round until you have to. Doing so takes a certain amount of strength and knowledge on how to do it, and a three-year old simply does not have either.

I still believe the cop screwed up.

If this happened in 2006, it must be resolved by now.
edit on 10/7/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join