It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting TV programming during Olympic Opening Ceremony.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
*mods feel free to move*

So, as I was checking the TV guide for what time the ceremony starts tomorrow, I noticed that ITV4 at the same time will showing Kurt Russell's; 'Escape From New York'.

The film itself is interesting in that:

A) It shows a glider landing on the World Trade Centre roof, a scene that was temporary banned, as it may remind people of the 9/11 attacks.

B) The title to break it down, is escaping a major city. Now there have been countless threads on ATS over the last few weeks about preparations in case London itself needs to be 'evacuated'

I, personally don't believe anything will happen at the Olympics. In fact I've grown a little tired of all the speculation of a false flag trigger to WW3, or Alien Invasion at Stratford. But to me, this seemed a little bit of an odd choice for viewing as an alternative to the Olympics.

Then again, half the world apparently watches the games at some point, especially the Opening ceremony, so maybe people just put it on because its an awful film and nobody's going to watch it anyway

ITV TV GUIDE

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You know what I find hilarious, above all else?

Everyone, for the past couple weeks, who keeps posting "Olympic Conspiracy" threads, add at the end, that they: Do not believe anything will happen, that it's all a huge joke of some sorts to play a game, ha-ha-ha.

If you don't believe anything will happen, why are you even posting about it to begin with, clearly it would be just a coincidence and you don't believe in such silly things...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

Chill, Brah. It's called having "an out", when things don't happen, but being open to the idea that it might. I thought that was obvious?!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

You mad, bro? "My kind?"

I stated that I thought it was funny that the latest conspiracies involving the Olympics seem weak, as the posters don't even believe it themselves, and note that they don't in their OP. A few weeks ago, people weren't talking like that, they were for sure something was going to happen... Without a doubt.

Never did I say that nothing or something was going to happen, I didn't even offer my opinion on that, so thank you for revealing your true ignorance, by suggesting I be put to sleep permanently for a harmless joke, that I would call someone a nut job, or... Well... Your entire post, because it is all based on assumptions that you can't back up. I'll point you in the direction of my profile to verify that, chief.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nostromo85

Chill, Brah. It's called having "an out", when things don't happen, but being open to the idea that it might. I thought that was obvious?!

good answer, love the Chil Brah! lol

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

mad? about?? you are questioning why people post things of which they are not sure it means something will happen, total bs. Troll some more, or should i say joke??

You're the ignorant one, I'm merely stereotyping

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You posted a huge emotional response to something you couldn't begin to comprehend, you're more than apparently mad at someone, who that is, remains unknown.

Where did I question anything? Maybe my rhetorical "you know what I think is funny?"

I assumed nothing, just noted an uptick in "outs" being included in conspiracy threads due to the fact they lack substance, verifiable resources, research, etc. etc. etc. You assumed everything and have the audacity to call me ignorant.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nostromo85

you get 'Escape from New York'
WE get this tonight
9.30pm
Mars Attacks!
(1996) Comedy. Jack Nicholson, Glenn Close. (M)
Interesting choice by the tv programmers who want to attract those not into the Olympics

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

CAN WE PLEASE STOP THE FIGHTING!? YOU ARE GIVING ME A HEADACHE!

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

both of you chill out, write the others name on your dart board and have fun.

you would think it was the end of the world...
edit on 26-7-2012 by froglegs79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
not trying to say it means anything, but it can definitely be construed as interesting...

Disney is airing a new show called "Code 9" the day before the Olympics. Code 9 also happens to be the name of the program showing a scenario where there is a nuclear attack during the Olympics...What a weird coincidence, huh? Do you think it's a sign?

Plot

The series begins in 2012 (just after the 2012 Summer Olympics), when London and some of the south east has been evacuated in the wake of a nuclear attack during the opening ceremony of the Games. The government has relocated to Manchester; Thames House has been decommissioned, and MI5 is forced to set up offices across the UK in an attempt to help Britain avoid new attacks

Code: 9, a new practical-joke, hidden-camera reality series targeted to kids and families, will make its Disney Channel US debut on July 26 at 8:00 p.m. (ET/PT).

The Evolution Media-produced series hosted by In the Qube‘s Wes Dening (pictured) lets kids go undercover to prank their parents

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

You mad, bro? "My kind?"

I stated that I thought it was funny that the latest conspiracies involving the Olympics seem weak, as the posters don't even believe it themselves, and note that they don't in their OP. A few weeks ago, people weren't talking like that, they were for sure something was going to happen... Without a doubt.

Never did I say that nothing or something was going to happen, I didn't even offer my opinion on that, so thank you for revealing your true ignorance, by suggesting I be put to sleep permanently for a harmless joke, that I would call someone a nut job, or... Well... Your entire post, because it is all based on assumptions that you can't back up. I'll point you in the direction of my profile to verify that, chief.

a massive and over the top military presence is not assumption with you not been British you will understand the fact that Britain does not use its military in this way and has not done so since ww2 or northern Ireland so that is not normal and then on top of that you have all the Illuminati all seeing eye symbols like the mascots the lighting in the stadium and on poster in the underground .
i think you will find most do believe something is going to happen they are just hope nothing does

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth

i think you will find most do believe something is going to happen they are just hope nothing does

This is exactly how I feel about it. Whilst I'm sure nothing will happen, there has been some pretty intriguing points raised about the Olympics and the symbolism behind the themes and architecture.

This is why I'm kind of surprised some crass poster was like "Yo bro, dis # you keep saying is # 'cause if yo' don't believe it yo'self, why post it?"

Anyway, hoping nothing happens, I just live outside London

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
In another thread, the OP says alien friends of his is going to take over the airwaves for an hour to announce their presence, think that will tick off those trying to watch the Olympics, as it's on around the same time?
Lol

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
In another thread, the OP says alien friends of his is going to take over the airwaves for an hour to announce their presence, think that will tick off those trying to watch the Olympics, as it's on around the same time?
Lol

LOL are you that butthurt that I insinuated that you put up a fake bid on eBay, that you had to come on this thread to lie about me? Hahaha!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wtf are you talking about? I was making a comment about what's on tv during the Olympics
ETA: my bad I meant the OP on another thread, sorry
edit on 7/26/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!

Here's the topic:

Interesting TV programming during Olympic Opening Ceremony

Please discuss it....no name-calling or bickering.....from this point forward.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
We only have the standard cartoons and news in the AM here
. I'd pay good money to watch Escape from New York as opposed to Ben 10

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

I, 100%, fully agree with you in thinking that something may happen, yet hope it doesn't. I can't even imagine what it would feel like being over there, witnessing that mass amount of troops. I never took a stance in the subject, in this thread (or on this board, I think?), until right now. I just noted a funny trend, I figured the OP would take it in good stride, and he did, it seemed like.

I didn't post to be malicious or troll! I apologize to the OP if it seemed that way.

Peace!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join