It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor Bloomberg asks why "Police Nationwide don't go on strike until citizens disarm"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com... -this-country-dont-stand-up-collectively-and-say-were-going-to-go-on-strike/

I guess he doesn't realize that probably 99% of police are also gun owners.......and most know that armed citizens and CCW holders prevent crime or that the states with laxer gun laws and more CCW tend to have much lower gun crimes.

My wife once had a client threatening her several years ago. We called the police and made a reportand a restraining order; and the officer said, "get a gun"....followed by, "we really aren't supposed to tell you that, but here no cop or DA will file charges on a woman CCW holder brandishing on a man whom she already has filed a complaint on"

edit on 26-7-2012 by SrWingCommander because: spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

They would be on strike for a very long time. I wonder if you can retire if you are on strike? Maybe Bloomburg needs to get his butt off of his shoulders. (think about it)

MOTF!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think this bozo blew a fuse.
Soda's and police strikes?
He thinks people will give up their guns when the police refuse to come when called?
Everybody will get a gun and hope the police don't go back to work,.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I turned it off as soon as he started talking about armored piercing bullets and vests.

I wanted to turn it off as soon as that News anchor started talking about how he doesnt understand why Americans feel the way they do about self protection and the second amendment and what this country is SUPPOSED to stand for.

We are not the nanny state that many other nations are. We dont give up our rights and freedoms to tyranical governments and special interest gestapos.

You dont understand it- then why in the hell are you even a political news anchor?

To the Mayor- They dont give up their weapons because your cops are dirty and power tripping thugs.

Introduce some respect into your police force then maybe you will be able to TALK to the people instead of
TAZING the people.

Their quest for power is so limitless they can care less about what this country is supposed to stand for.

Just look at 'The Wall' ..... People see the abuse- and they are making it known, as they should.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yeah, that's exactly what I thought! I think my first instinct would be to arm myself. If the police go on strike, I can only imagine what some people will do to take advantage. In some areas, peeps would need a gun in each hand just to get the mail. Sad days ahead I'm afraid.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Celestial1

Cops rarely prevent murders- they mostly investigate them... and issue speeding tickets(and the occasional brutality which we all love and fell victim to at some point in our lives).

Armed victim is safer than Unarmed victim.

How does a murderer get disarmed by a non armed victim ?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
His comments are just as ignorant as Charles Schumer's (Senator from New York) was when he told the media the three branches of government consist of the Executive, the House of Representatives and the Senate.

We have Nancy Pelosi telling the media that Obama should ignore the debt ceiling because a debt ceiling is unconstitutional. Apparently she doesn't know the Constitution being Congress controls the purse strings.

Criminals are called criminals because they ignore / break the law so I fail to see how collecting guns from law abiding citizens is going to help. All it will do is make people an easier mark for criminals who will be armed.

I think we should make a law that requires our elected officials to take a history / government class about the US.

These idiots were suppose to take an oath of office, not the oath of party.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Bloomberg: Another politican out of touch with reality.
Drop him in his expensive suits off in Harlem, etc. some night without bodyguards and a weapon.
Let's see how long he lives.

First, he will see guns that absolutely will not b turned in if there is a national law to do so.
Second, he would sure as hell wish he had a Schwarzenegger's chain gun from Predator.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Bloomberg: Another politican out of touch with reality.
Drop him in his expensive suits off in Harlem, etc. some night without bodyguards and a weapon.
Let's see how long he lives.

First, he will see guns that absolutely will not b turned in if there is a national law to do so.
Second, he would sure as hell wish he had a Schwarzenegger's chain gun from Predator.

Send him to Detroit

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Because even cops know, ANYONE can be replaced.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
so, Bloomberg is publicly suggesting/recommending the people be extorted by withholding services for which they've already paid.
Where are all of the 'upstanding' attorneys willing to fight for the people and have this criminal prosecuted ?
criminal.laws.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Why won't he jump out of a high-story window and spare us his tyrannical comments?

Jump jump jump! Same with the rest of the treasonous traitors. They are itching for the day when we won't be able to take this country back by means of weapons, needed to prevent them from attacking us. They damn well know they have a war out against us. They just keep it covert. Burn like a match Bloomberg! Whatever gets your sorry butt off the face of this Earth. Nobody likes you except for your cronny friends, who are the enemies of a free society.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
His comments are just as ignorant as Charles Schumer's (Senator from New York) was when he told the media the three branches of government consist of the Executive, the House of Representatives and the Senate.

We have Nancy Pelosi telling the media that Obama should ignore the debt ceiling because a debt ceiling is unconstitutional. Apparently she doesn't know the Constitution being Congress controls the purse strings.

Criminals are called criminals because they ignore / break the law so I fail to see how collecting guns from law abiding citizens is going to help. All it will do is make people an easier mark for criminals who will be armed.

I think we should make a law that requires our elected officials to take a history / government class about the US.

These idiots were suppose to take an oath of office, not the oath of party.

"These idiots" are the main reason we have the 2nd amendment. It was created to insure that the American people would never again have to fear a tyrannical system of government. To insure our freedom but these facts got swept up under the rug and through time have been forgotten or hidden to most. In this light it makes perfect sense as to why they want to disarm Americans. Their strangle hold is slipping day by day. They fear losing their power and being held accountable for the atrocities they have committed. Its not the street criminal we have to fear. Its the criminals that hold office that we need to worry about.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

I say Bloomberg should donate some of the $11 Billion dollars he keeps stashed away towards the mental health industry. Guns are not the problem, nuts with guns are the problem and that doesn't leave out the nuts on his own police force who like shooting unarmed people.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TRGreer

I respectfully disagree.. Our founding fathers had the notion to protect an individuals right to be able to own and bear arms in order to keep the government in check.

They were statesmen who put the Republic first by compromise.

The people we have now are idiots who don't bother to understand the very government they are part of let alone whats contained in the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Already a threat about this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The logic behind that is ABSOLUTELY AS DUMB AS THE dude who's running the city! If they striked then people would simply go out and buy more guns as a means to protect themselves until the strike ends. Talk about stupid. Wow I should run for mayor.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Because their job is a sham and they know it.

They don't stop crime. If it is property crime they could care less. They have no interest.

They take reports and write tickets, they protect nothing.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
and most know that armed citizens and CCW holders prevent crime

Do you have a source for this? I would love to see some numbers. It doesnt sound right to me though, since all the people that say they are for gun rights claim they have never had to use them to stop or prevent a crime.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
duplicate thread, I´ll just copy and paste.

ok, get them on that band wagon now. And later when they disagree with you over something else like pay, they will strike as well..

THE COPS CANT STRIKE. It would cause mass riots from opportunistic criminals. He is actually inciting mass riots and crime by his recommendation. That is wrong. Whatever his personal opinions. He can't tell the police to support his political agenda. We pay for their service and he can't tell them to influence our opinion by leaving us high and dry until we see things his way.

jerk.

I hope a mob burns down his house, office and kidnap a family memeber while he is busy influencing a democratic society by force and directed chaos.
edit on 27-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join