It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Mitt Romney a "Manchurian Candidate" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
We all know the story of the Manchurian Candidate, the person who is brainwashed at an early stage of their development, then groomed to a position of importance, only to carry out an horrific act.

I wonder if Mitt Romney is one such person. We've been led to believe that a characteristic of this sort of person is someone who suddenly does unexpected things, and forgets what they did before.

Romney has taken so many positions on so many different issues, that it's possible to suspect this sort of behaviour. He has even denied making statements that were on camera, or widely reported.

This morning, Mr Romney told US television there were "disconcerting" signs Britain was not ready to stage the Games. But hours later, in Downing Street, he said all Games were hit by "small" mistakes and he had seen "great progress" since arriving in the UK.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I mean, I know he's a famous flip flopper, but he completely did an about face on this issue within HOURS of his original statement after a high profile meeting.

Probably a way out there theory, but hey, it makes you think.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
He's not a Manchurian Candidate, he's just a weirdo.

He may also be a reptile in a rubber suit...or a psycopath...or all of these things.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Romney is too much of a flip-flopper. It is the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave that was groomed by communist parents, family friends and advisors and who also had contacts (reportedly) to the CIA.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Yeah. I can't say any of this makes him a Manchurian Candidate. He's not going to win anyway. That being said this is nothing more than another example of him flip-flopping on something. Basically he once again said something that made him insert his foot in his mouth so he came out later to clarify and do damage control.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't know Beezzer...we rabbits may need to stick together! Manchurian Candidates here and there? Before you know it...why...They'll be everywhere!

Then again, it could just be a whacky election cycle where they are both crooks and a loooong hoooot summer with all the unrest and violent nuts we all talked about seeing by now, in threads a few months ago.

I dunno..I'm in a fatalistic mood I guess. I'll stick with Manchurian Candidates and Agent Smiths coming soon. It's so much more interesting than reality, huh?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'll agree that we haven't had a decent man in the White house since Reagan.

Time for a dart, a phone book, and a pitcher of beer to decide the next POTUS.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
No, President Obama was/is supposed to be the Manchurian Candidate. If Romney is, somebody messed up At the Dept of Mind Control because he doesn't have the slightest chance to win. Maybe he's just a rich guy who wants to be elected and feels his ideas will best serve the people of the US.

Oooops, forgot this is a conspiracy site. Yes, both Obama and Romney are Manchurian Candidates who are in close contact with the evil Crab People. They will announce they're plans during the Olympics in accordance with the prophecy. End communication.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ahhh Reagan. Yes... For his few faults and mistakes he stood about 10 feet tall and actually had some of that legendary stuff we whisper about these days.....honor. Shhh..

I only made it to his Library once but it won't be something I ever forget. He was quite a man. Mittens...go buy his book and read or something. We want that....not a Rhino with a distinct left lean to his walk.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You forgot Clinton Beezer.

You don't want him to feel left out.

After all they told him to get on with Monica.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by beezzer

You forgot Clinton Beezer.

You don't want him to feel left out.

After all they told him to get on with Monica.

I searched for Clinton, couldn't find any threads about Manchurian candidate for Clinton.

Maybe I should have checked for "Manchurian Horndog"

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh I definitely recall seeing talk of Clinton being hustled off to Lubyanka for some chat time during his time in the Soviet Union protesting Vietnam. If there was anything to it, I guess the Russians felt pretty ripped off by the end of his time in Office. They sure couldn't call it any stunning benefit. lol.... Then McVeigh was said to be a thing of Clinton so he could go after the Militia's and then take all our guns... (I'm on strike for research tonight though. Finals were today and I'm just trying to wear down so I can collapse for a day or two... lol)

Every President isn't it? Well..Maybe not Carter. Who could fear Mr. Peanut the way people saw Darth Vader or Obama now?

top topics

join