It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here it is: Dark Knight shooting suspect James Holmes claiming amnesia, keeps asking 'Why am I here

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chesterton
Like, what's an NYPD doing out there. Looked too young, too.

Too young for what? Social Security? He's 57 years old.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chesterton

His own resume said he went from beat cop to head of intelligence for NYPD until after 911

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

It's not a card, it's a effect.

He was found dazed and now he's suffering amnesia.

You can't shoot a gun dazed and kill 12 people and wound somewhere in the 80s more, it's impossible.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by noved

Yeah, those two sites didn't sit well with me, either. They had Holmes' AdultFriend Finder photo broadcast even before the one from the DMV.

If I had to pick out from a police line-up a photo of the man I saw in court on Monday, I wouldn't have chosen any of them! Close, but no cigar.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by primetime2123

[.Im sure somebody could easily remember the guy who failed to look like the joker

Are you serious or joking? I'm sure most of the people in the theater failed to look like the joker.
edit on 27-7-2012 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

so are you saying that people are that unobservant that they can't recognize this guy ?? ..I would recognize this guy if I saw him even with all those guys in costumes running around as well...he would be the only guy with a ronald mcdonald hairstyle with all the other jokers with green hair
edit on 27-7-2012 by primetime2123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Please explain yourself: what ignorance to deny?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
He's faking it. He researched, stocked up and planned this for months... Don't think he couldn't work out his

insanity defense>?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I'd have to have crawled out from a cave to not know that. Sheesh. I meant what specialty of neuroscience. It takes quite a leap to go from a general neuroscience to brainwashing techniques. If I were a reporter interested in this story's background, I might interview alumni from the program or experts in the field who did work at the same university or partnered with them.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Yeah, I know they do. But somewhere between the disgracefully handled Casey Anthony case (where the case was basically tried in the court of public opinion long before it ever went into a courtroom) and James Holmes (where the freeze out seems odd), the public can have a balanced bit of information. If the media wants to cover these incidents as a 24/7 This Just In type of item, then they ought to do a little follow-through once the blood gets mopped up. Unless pumping fear into us is their main objective.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Here it is again:

You know that shrink - the one with the missing package for a week story? Well according to CNN this is her background:

www.cnn.com...

As director, a position she's held since 2009, Fenton sees between 15 and 20 graduate students per week for medication and psychotherapy, coordinates a team of four mental health clinicians, supervises some residents who treat students, and lectures. She also serves as a psychiatrist for between five and 10 patients, the resume states.

Fenton has held many jobs over the years. She worked as a physician in private practice in Denver from 1994 to 2005, and was chief of physical medicine with the U.S. Air Force in San Antonio, Texas, in the early 1990s, according to the resume. Since 2008, she's won various grants and contracts to study schizophrenia.
edit on July 27th 2012 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Mind your elders, whipper-snapper. The fellow looks young to ME

And yes, if he's done his 25 or 30 years at the NYPD, then he might have been looking for a nice, quiet town, somewhere out in the country, in which to double-dip on his pension and work a few more years before hanging up his badge for good. But does that jive with a gig in Colorado, so close to so many DoD installations? I dunno, something about his being from NYC seemed coincidental.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
reply to post by Osiris1953

Where is everyone getting the impression he thinks he's the joker? The red hair? The joker doesn't have and never has had red hair. It's green. It's always green. His clothes are purple, he wouldn't wear armor.

I guess Walmart ran out of green dye lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I love the insanity defense tact.
Who wants to spend their life in a nuthouse?
Nobody.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Odd, so you have crazy people paid to study super solider bionics.

something very ugly here.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luckystars2012
I love the insanity defense tact.
Who wants to spend their life in a nuthouse?
Nobody.

It's better then federal prison hands down.. He can do his time doped up out
of his mind in a mental institution.. Rooms much larger, foods better, and all
the drugs in the world to pass the time.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's really annoying when these shooters don't kill themselves, or the police kill them after they commit the crime. The blogs, forums, newscasts within just a few days move from the tragedy itself to discussing the murderer ad-nausem. I can just imagine how many of these discussions would be going on simultaneously right now if none of these mass murders were killed, or killed themselves!

Hopefully next week I'll be able to go to ATS without seeing a useless thread about this Holmes nut taking up space on the front page. Space that could be used for discussions that affect most people to a greater degree day-to-day.
-cwm

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

I think he just studied hard and is trying to use the information he learned from the next books to test if it works out or he really is insane. Multiple personality disorder ? That could be why he doesn't seem so upset about killing/wounding innocent people. Demonic possession ? I didn't read through all the replies to this but I'm sure someone mentioned it.. (I'm not big on believing in possessions.)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I've been reading through the entire thread. Some very good suggestions have come up:
Scopalamine, Thorazine, Vicodin, Sleep deprivation, psychiatric disorders.

It seems to me nobody in this thread has any experience at all being in James Holmes jail slippers
and apparently no first hand knowledge of various drugs that are legally and commonly prescribed.

I've been there so let me add that his court room appearance is very highly likely from
sleep deprivation, hunger, and dehydration.

When I went to jail I was running on about four hours of sleep before I got to jail.
Maybe 12 hours of sleep total in three days. I was programming and preparing (downloading/installing/costumizing) lots of software to send a friend on top of
my child being sick which kept me up checking on her every hour for the whole week.

That night in jail I was given "food", my first meal in 24 hours.
It consisted of two thumb sized pieces of lettuce and a putrid chunk of tomato absolutely
saturated in some kind of oil, I could not even chew it it was so vile.
Also I was given a cookie.
I barely manage to eat that stale piece of concrete and sugar without losing any teeth.

That night I slept maybe ten minutes at a time before waking up, the air conditioning
constantly blowing hot AND cold air on my body caused constant muscle spasms.
I could not escape it since it was posted that it was a crime to interfere with the air conditioning.
I could see many thick layers of toilet paper had previously been used to attempt to block the airflow.
I have three points of my spine out of alignment with damage and an shoulder injury.
This A/C amounted to torturous discomfort for eight solid hours.

The next morning I was given about 1/8th of an ounce 100% artificial egg.
With some urine dilution called apple juice.
Not a single item of so called "food" tasted like anything other a dillution of chemicals and water.
The jail house patrons who had prior experience in the jail wolfed that garbage up.
I barely got a helping into me I could not take more than one sip of the 'apple juice'.
Apple juice, by the way causes dehydration.

Some hours pass and I'm carted off to the courthouse.
Handcuffs are so tight I can not even feel my fingertips. I pace in my holding cell because if I sit
down I can feel the pain spasming through my body from the last nights ordeal and the increasing
damage being done to nerves in my wrists, all while waves of exhaustion wash over me
with each pulse of my heart which promps vertigo like nausea.
About two hours of waiting and its an hour after lunch and I'm finally given a 'ham sandwhich' that has been crushed in someone's fist.
I attempt to eat it, but reaching my mouth with my hands caused instant spikes of pain
through my wrists and the meat is rancid, the dough must be two weeks old its so stale.

Then I'm taken into the hallway, sat down and told to sign papers, told that I'll not see my family for a year, maybe more. My family is my life, I have nothing else to live for.
I break down and cry and they look at me like ...well like they are machines and they do not
understand human emotion at all. I don't sign their paperwork.
They send me back to my cell where I am on my knees devastated, my life is over, there is no future.

When they take me into the courtroom I am a total wreck, bawling my eyes out.
I just about run out of tears, or so I thought.
I barely make it to the stand to hear the charges. I'm numb, drained to emptiness.
Shoot me, stab me, punch me, kick me, I wont feel, I'm already dead inside...or so I thought.

Judge says some bla bla bla to me. Then my wife is allowed to speak.
She gets three words out and then just breaks down crying.
Well thats it, thats the death star strike against my world that has no weapons.
Those tears I thought I had none of, flow like the Niagra Falls.
My heart is in my throat, my stomach has bottomed out and I can barely stand up.

Again the courthouse employees look at me like I'm some math problem that can't be computed.
The way you look at James Holmes, like its an act.
Apparently persons who work in a courthouse don't have a freakin clue what jail is actually like.
Like many of you they think its a luxury hotel.
Its not. Its an institutionalize toilet where your humanity is flushed.

There's lots more to the story with the drug angle which is meaningful to this case.
But I hope this long personal tale gives you a glimpse into the possible reasons for the
'spaced out inattentive can't stay awake' person you saw in the courthouse.

I have a few characters left so I'd also like to point out the "belly ache".
In jail, being treated like an animal, your body's regular willingness to defecate is reduced.
Dehydration will also cause constipation and cause the belly aches.
So before you all say "glass shards in his food", think of the obvious "he needs to poop".
I also have a story about Constipation the Conqueror, but that is tale for another time.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well it looks like i made a mistake. I totally forgot dumbass was one word. Please forgive me for being human, but thank you for waisting everyone's time by pointing out my flaws. I am sure the people will sleep better tonight knowing that you had to point out that i misspelled dumbass. Thank you for the spelling and grammar lesson. This msg is for MR. Perfect Taggart. By the way i have a degree in political science, so go # yourself SCUMBAG.
edit on 28-7-2012 by TJT188 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by heythereyou

Excellent post. Thanks for pointing out to anyone who still thinks jail is a 4 star hotel. Just a caged warehouse for humans. Perhaps we wouldn't be such a prison nation if everyone had to spend 48 hours in a detention facility. Forgive me: off subject, I know.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join