It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"That they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities." - Barack Obama.

page: 1-
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
"I also believe that a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals," - Barack Obama.

www.youtube.com...

Do you guys think that gun control is going to take a larger spot than expected during the upcoming campaign? Obama dodged the issue in the past but it now looks like it is unavoidable this time.

edit on 26-7-2012 by DCLXVI because: (no reason given)

If the Aurora massacre was indeed staged to bring this issue to the table, it looks like it worked.

Note that i wish this thread not to be a debate ground about gun control.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI
"I also believe that a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals," - Barack Obama.

www.youtube.com...

Do you guys think that gun control is going to take a larger spot then expected during the upcoming campaign. Obama dodge the issue in the past but it now looks like it is unavoidable this time.

I was once a soldier for this country. Where is my AK-47.
I need one

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

www.youtube.com...

Do you guys think that gun control is going to take a larger spot then expected during the upcoming campaign. Obama dodge the issue in the past but it now looks like it is unavoidable this time.

I was once a soldier for this country. Where is my AK-47.
I need one

Good point haha. My question is what are the impact of this going to be in the upcoming elections though

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Maybe we should outlaw high performance cars (and trucks) and high performance accessories (even if cosmetic) because they induce people to speed recklessly endangering the lives of innocent people. These cars belong on the race tracks and not on the streets of America (tongue stuck in cheek ,,,,there out now).

edit on 26-7-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

Good point haha. My question is what are the impact of this going to be in the upcoming elections though

he may lose a state or two on that comment alone, and MIT will jump on it.

obama already has the states that are pro gun control, the statement gains him little.
edit on 26-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Like I said in another thread, he plans to keep guns out of the hands of the "mentally unstable", but what about those "mentally unstable"(anti-government?) who already own guns? Is he going to go door-to-door to find out who is responsible enough to own guns, and who decides who is mentally unstable?

And also, when he says that guns like that need to stay "on the battlefield", isn't America the new battlefield? What with the NDAA and the 30,000 drones to patrol the American skies?

Sounds like he just wants to disarm as many rebels as he can before the big showdown.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
"They belong on the battlefield of war, and not on the streets of our cities." Barrack Obama

BUT wait...I thought that DHS declared that the entire country is now a "battlefield" AND aren't they now targeting patriots and supporters of the Constitution as potential enemies of the state (ie, the state has declared war on those citizens)? ERGO, patriots must defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic AND the Second Amendment must be treated as sacrosanct. These guys think that the founders were terrorists and not patriots and must regard Benedict Arnold as a hero. It is almost as if the British Government is trying to take back the colonies.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Make no mistake, if this clown gets re-elected he will most definitely go after guns.

He is completely unprepared for the job, has zero common sense, and views the Constitution as a barrier to his agenda.

Obama can go straight to hell, turn left, and park it.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Notadisinfoagent
Like I said in another thread, he plans to keep guns out of the hands of the "mentally unstable", but what about those "mentally unstable"(anti-government?) who already own guns? Is he going to go door-to-door to find out who is responsible enough to own guns, and who decides who is mentally unstable?

And also, when he says that guns like that need to stay "on the battlefield", isn't America the new battlefield? What with the NDAA and the 30,000 drones to patrol the American skies?

Sounds like he just wants to disarm as many rebels as he can before the big showdown.

I do not see how it could be done even if they would alter the constitution somehow.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Didn't the Soviet Union flood the Earth with those AK-47s?

However they got their what is clear is that talk of gun control while America is under persistent attack by nameless, faceless cowards with state style sponsorship is irresponsible.

If our leaders cannot or simply refuse to defend this country, from all enemies foreign and domestic, someone has to.

the 'leadership' should end their support for our enemies and a perpetually broken economy and then in a few years begin a conversation concerning such topics.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd
Make no mistake, if this clown gets re-elected he will most definitely go after guns.

He is completely unprepared for the job, has zero common sense, and views the Constitution as a barrier to his agenda.

For them to be going after 2A before the election makes one wonder if a) the chicago style politicans have the election rigged and are confident that they will win or b) they know of some event that will be going down before the election that will allow them to declare martial law and suspend the elections.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Interesting. In December 2011, Obama signed the NDAA which has so-called Homeland Battlefield provisions, suggesting that the streets of our cities are a battlefield in the War on Terror. So I guess assault weapons should be on the streets after all.

If Obama didn't want assault weapons in our city streets, he should have reigned in the Fast and Furious program that put them there.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

Since you don't want the thread to be about gun control (good luck with that!), I will just state that no politician is going to make gun control a big part of their campaign. They will be elusive on the subject, just like they are on the subject of abortion. There are too many extremely powerful lobbies on both sides, too many people with strong opinions, but not enough people to help win an election, only enough to help lose one.

No, it won't be at the forefront of this election, or any election.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

For them to be going after 2A before the election makes one wonder if a) the chicago style politicans have the election rigged and are confident that they will win or b) they know of some event that will be going down before the election that will allow them to declare martial law and suspend the elections.

the b) option is more likely to happen during his 2nd term. As for a) i thought the same thing, to me it is a political suicide to touch such a hot subject in the times we live in during the election, unless you are damn sure to win.

link   
reply to post by Notadisinfoagent

They may (prior to full confiscation) after "registration" require gun owners and applicants to buy one (must wait for approval that doesnt happen over the phone) to undergo a government psychological interview and test (probably require applicants to pay for it also)....This reminds me of what the Soviets did after their take over in Russia; they classified over 10% of the entire population as 'mentally ill' for not believing in communism. What if believing in the right to bear arms (or the sanctity of the individual over the state) was considered 'mentally ill' then we would have a catch 22 situation??

link   

And yet he survived these 4 years, the country is not really any worse off (yet), and it is a tight race going into November.

Obama is no more likely to go after the guns than Romney is. Both parties want more control over the population, both parties are big government. The Patriot Acts and precursor to this NDAA were Republican creations, now the Healthcare Bill is a Democrat creation, both parties are against the people, and only for bigger government with more controls.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Do you guys think that gun control is going to take a larger spot than expected during the upcoming campaign? Obama dodged the issue in the past but it now looks like it is unavoidable this time.

If the Aurora massacre was indeed staged to bring this issue to the table, it looks like it worked.

Note that i wish this thread not to be a debate ground about gun control.

Did you even listen to the video? He stands up for hunting and shooting as it is an American right. And guns should kept such as an AK47 out of criminals hands which a lot of legal gun owners would agree that he is right. A person following the law that owns an AK wouldn't be running up and down the street firing it off like a criminal would be doing. Besides a AK does belong on the battlefield because they pretty much suck for hunting.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Hmmm.

That statement could easily turn into another gaffe.

The only soldiers that use AK-47's are "enemy" soldiers ..... right ??

I hope those soldiers weren't listening !!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Since he has declared his intent to go after 'reasonable' gun control (registration and restrictions against selling to criminals and the mentally ill which are already on the books) and to ban assault weapons (not reasonable imho) then, if he wins re-election, he will declare that he has a mandate (to possibly be used to bypass the congress and issue EOs via the BATFE) to declare "illegal" certain guns on the unconstitutional "sporting purpose" issue.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Hmmm.

That statement could easily turn into another gaffe.

The only soldiers that use AK-47's are "enemy" soldiers ..... right ??

I hope those soldiers weren't listening !!

Does even mention enemy soldiers? Nope sure doesn't because many of our allies use AK's also. Maybe you should take the time to learn what type of weapons our allies use.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join