It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some parts of OBAMAS Health care law has VERY bad provisions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance to
all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally.

Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an
individual's bank account and will have the authority to make
electronic fund transfers from those accounts.

Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the
government) for all union members, union retirees and for
community organizations (such as the Association
of Community Organizations for Reform Now -
ACORN).

Page 203/line 14-15: The tax imposed under this section
will not be treated as a tax. (How could anybody in their
right mind come up with that?)

Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same
regardless of specialty, and the government will set all
doctors' fees.

Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care
according to the patient's age.

Page 317 and 321: The government will impose a prohibition on
hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an
exception.

Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care
planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be
required to attend an "end-of-life planning" seminar every five
years. (Death counseling..)

Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify
which doctors can write an end-of-life order.

So the Government will have access to your bank accounts.They will ration cancer care according to age.Now doctors will begin to offer lousy service as a result in structured pay.

This is pure crap

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's worse then crap.... because a lot of people think this is going to be a great idea.
It's the lie of the millennium.

God help us if we have to put it into practice.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Thank You for taking the time to post this. I am still blown away by anyone, let alone so many who seem to think any of them had a clue what they were passing in page turning detail.

Some folks don't seem to recall the live coverage of them openly laughing about "read the bill" as if reading a bill and serving one of the ONLY functions they get treated like royalty without a title for is so huge an imposition, we should be ashamed to even suggest it.

Well....the fact NONE of them even had the physical time for their eyes to travel the lines of nearly 2,000 pages, let alone read with comprehension was the final fact I needed to know they all had to go. Every last one of them

SURE...Dems rammed this up our tailpipes. That's what the GIANT cartoon gavel Pelosi used the night it passed was about, don't ya know

someone tell me though, during all those days of wrangling and fighting and accusing everyone else of never reading anyting....How many Republicans just went totally off the grid and MIA for the time it would have required to read even a QUARTER of it? Anyone see some? I didn't even see any that looked terribly strung out from a lack of sleep..I'm sure they got all the winks they needed in BOTH parties. Both are crooked as pretzels.

edit on 26-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What you've posted here, OP, looks like pieces of an old chain e-mail from 2009 which has been thoroughly analyzed and mostly debunked here...

Source

and here...

Factcheck
edit on 26-7-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance to
all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally.

page 50 of the PPACA does not have a section 152 on page 50...
maybe you jumbled numbers??? or is it just made up???

Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an
individual's bank account and will have the authority to make
electronic fund transfers from those accounts.

in reality page 58 and 59 have nothing to do with 1.bank accounts 2. government access to bank accounts 3. ability to withdrawl without approval... in other words, this is completely made up

Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the
government) for all union members, union retirees and for
community organizations (such as the Association
of Community Organizations for Reform Now -
ACORN)

once again, page 65 is not section 164... page 65 deals with abortions FYI... once again, made up facts..

Page 203/line 14-15: The tax imposed under this section
will not be treated as a tax. (How could anybody in their
right mind come up with that?)

once again, the word TAX does not even appear anywhere on pg. 203 of the PPACA... once again, made up page number, made up line numbers, completely made up...

Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same
regardless of specialty, and the government will set all
doctors' fees.

once again, made up page number... there are some things in the PPACA that do regulate doctors pay, it is not a 'flat rate' however.. pay is to be determined by quality of care, not quantity...

Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care
according to the patient's age.

once again, the word CANCER does not even appear on page 272... btw, pg. 272 is section 3001... in fact, there IS NO SECTION 1145... lmao...

Page 317 and 321: The government will impose a prohibition on
hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an
exception.

once again, made up page numbers, made up info

Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care
planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be
required to attend an "end-of-life planning" seminar every five
years. (Death counseling..)

once again, made up page numbers, made up lines, made up info... in fact, the words "end of life" appear nowhere in that order in the entire PPAPA...

Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify
which doctors can write an end-of-life order.

once again, this appears nowhere in the PPAPA.. Made up page numbers to try to look authentic...

So the Government will have access to your bank accounts.They will ration cancer care according to age.Now doctors will begin to offer lousy service as a result in structured pay.

This is pure crap

here is a lesson.. if you want to create believable misinfo, PUT SOME FACTS IN... Everything that you stated was 100% made up... All pages, lines, and sections were made up to make you look more authentic...

The real question is, who are you? and why are spreading misinformation???
edit on 7/26/2012 by baphomet420 because: changed a [ to a ]

edit on 7/26/2012 by baphomet420 because: again, lol...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have no problem with the idea that chapter and verse of those lines may be all wrong and apparently is by what I pulled up myself after seeing the questions raised. I was replying to the spirit of what he's saying anyway.

Now, I've had enough hours of sleep in 4 days to maybe..possibly take all of one hand to count. Might have a finger left though, depends on definition, so the point is, I'm not researching this after cooking my noodle on term assignments and finals (which ended today.. WHEW....Summer is short but intense..mentally noted). HOWEVER..... There are more than a few points on there I hear talked about by, about and with officials from both parts often enough to recall.

Say, that one about not treating the tax as a tax.Well, they didn't use the word tax, I'm sure. I have NO doubt they used the Find tool on that basic of terms to weed out anyway. It was called a cute little mandate until well after Snopes did their thing and the Supreme Court had THE LAST word on the matter by saying it IS a tax, even if they did everything to avoid calling it that.

The OP may have been sloppy and I'd be pretty close to crawling in a hole right now to get such a core part of a Op thread post so totally wrong........but the spirit absolutely isn't wrong on enough of it. Just don't ask me to prove it today...I'll just laugh at the monitor in the middle of that fuzzy haze out there. Someone else can do research this time.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

it is all made up...

the 'spirit' of typed word???

it is all misinfo... 100% completely...

yes, you have heard officials bring up these points, BECUAUSE THEY ARE IN ON THE MISINFO.

insurance companies are very rich and donate alot of money to 'campaigns'... i will admit, if i owned an insurance company, i would be pissed... however, i do not, and I see good things for my fellow americans in the bill...

the facts are in the PPAPA itself, not in right wing propaganda...

you are being lied to...

also, this deserves to be in the hoax bin, as that is what this is... a hoax...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is a useful online tool to understand the facts of healthcare reform (much better than cutting and pasting a bogus chain email sent from annoying acquaintances who tend to send things like that)

online tool

Check the "Final Healthcare Reform Law" box and then select all topics.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
this link has a pretty good "timeline" guide.

notice what is already in effect.

PPACA Timeline

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

Okie Dokie.. So there isn't a tax. Rationing care isn't being planned and accounted for in the economic reality of a bankrupt system? Expanded benefits to basically everyone in the US isn't being considered?

These are the points it was making and you can pick apart the dates till we all grow old and keel over, but what wasn't true in some specific examples then HAS been the stuff of mainstream and alternate headlines alike since.

If the source was bogus all the way? Then wow... I guess that saying about a broken watch being right twice a day has a real spooky example here.

* BTW... It was just a few days ago that headlines ran all over about the Food Stamps being actively encouraged into Mexico for outreach..presumably on the concept of those legally here, but maybe somehow by weird logic down there and so needing to see it ...Oh I give up trying to even get their logic. They lost me when Pelosi said, in her words for the world to hear, that Food Stamps were a good thing for growing the economy..

So.. splitting hairs to call every point false is as great a stretch as the OP presenting the whole package as valid without due diligence on fact checking his piece. (Sorry OP...is what it is eh? The fact I even touched the thread got me splashed too.
)) If there was ever a thread where truth falls in between somewhere, I think I sure found it here. Either far side on this thread is pretty far past being accurate. In my opinion.

It SURE is hard to do much though when all sides are 100% right, absolutely and a slight mistake couldn't possibly exist....which means every OTHER side is 100% absolutely dead wrong..and it's getting to be every issue. Obama care sucks. Simple.

top topics

join