It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowans: Help get Jill Stein on the ballot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Presidential nominee Stein and running mate Honkala don’t occupy very many time slots on national news networks, and there’s no guarantee their names will even be on the ballot, unless their grass-roots supporters can get enough signatures to allow them to participate. However, they deserve our attention, if only because the other candidates have misused and worn out their time in the spotlight.

Their platform, their grass-roots efforts, and their positions on policies could get America en route toward stability. Rather than advertisements that build the entire election around which candidates do the people loathe less, these women will discuss policies for election reform, strengthening democracy, and achieving an economy that promotes peace and prosperity.

The Johnson County Green Party needs signatures to get Stein on the Iowa presidential ballot. The U.S. needs a strong third party to shift the nation from a two-party, better-of-two-evils debate and to start looking at the issues and solutions.

One thing I like about the Green Party, which in today's political climate will make it hard for them, is that they refuse to take donations from large corporations. They are truly a movement for the people, not for corporations. We need to do what we can to reclaim the election process from all of the corporate money that's going into it.

www.dailyiowan.com...
edit on 26-7-2012 by Crakeur because: added source link

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Although I don't live anywhere near Iowa, I just found out about Stein a few days ago. Definitely agree with many of her positions, so best of luck to you, Iowians! Get her on the ballot there, I'll work on the west coast.

Definitely one of the more sane politicians in the current political climate.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akuhei

I agree. In 2008 I loved 95% of Obama's stances on the issues. Boy, was I duped. While he stood by some them, the others he completely sold out on or compromised to the point where they no longer existed.

That is why I'm voting Jill Stein in November. I even made a thread about it the other day, located here

I think with Jill Stein I agree with all of her stances. Now I vote issues, not party. I won't be duped again.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolerAbdullah786

I'm glad to see more people have begun to see the light. It helps that the only person the MSM says is running is Obamney.

Cheers, and let's hope a third party gets a lift.

top topics

join