It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Ten Trilogies of All Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I was listening to my favorite morning radio show, Elliott in the Morning, and they were discussing top ten trilogy lists.
With the new and final release of Batman, I thought this is a good time to bring this up.

Now Americans Especially, if you think of what is the top Trilogy, everyone I asked camed to the same immediate answer: Star Wars. Myself included.

But many of the lists don't include Star Wars as number one, some lists it doesn't even make top five.

Before you look at the lists, guess who the popular vote is?

So I thought it would be fun to make our own top ten lists. So feel free to discuss or make up yours.

I like this list because it includes non American films, but I have not heard of them:

#10 The Flesh Trilogy
#9 Star Wars
#8 The Millenium Trilogy
#7 The Matrix
#6 Toy Story
#5 The Evil Dead
#4 The Vengeance
#3 The Man with No Name
#2 The Ageism/Dream Trilogy
#1 The Lord of the Rings

popmatters.com

#10 Spiderman
#9 Back to the Future
#8 Indiana Jones
#7 The Man with No Name
#6 Jason Bourne
#5 Star Wars
#4 Batman
#3 Toy Story
#2 The Godfather
#1 Lord of the Rings

Buzzfeed.com

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The interesting thing is that in most trilogys, the third movie is the worst.
True for Godfather, Star Wars (stupid Ewoks), Matrix (well, all those movie suck), Spider-Man, Back to the Future and some that are not mentioned here, like Crocodile Dundee, Austin Powers, The Mariachi Trilogy, Blade, the Three Colors Trilogy or the Terminator Trilogy (everything after Schwarzenegger isn't Terminator anymore)
It's sometimes even true for movie series with more parts. For example Alien 3 is in my oppinion the worst of the Alien movies.

There aren't many movie trilogies were the quality could be maintained on all movies. Indiana Jones is one example, Lord of the Rings of course and both of Leone's trilogies - The Dollar trilogy and the America Trilogy.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I would throw the Three Colors Trilogy into the mix. One of my favorites. I nearly fell in love with Juliet Binoche in Blue.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

edit on 7/26/2012 by Toromos because: duplicate post

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I think Toy Story nailed it.

By the dollar trilogy, do you mean the man with No Name trilogy?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The Man With No Name trilogy does it for me. Each movie just gets bigger, better, and more epic every step of the way.

The original Star Wars, of course.

Thanks for posting, OP. I have been looking for more "trilogies" to get into. The release of Men In Black 3 left me pretty disappointed to say the least.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Defiantly Christopher Nolans Batman trilogy and i know i am going to catch hell for this but the transformers trilogy used to be one of my favorites

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This discussion helps me remember just how many trilogies there are:

Alien
MIB
Robocop
Terminator

who am I forgetting?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is my all time favorite western.

Blondie! Blondie!

Best scene ever.

See everyone I know thought the third MIB was good.
edit on 27-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

See everyone I know thought the third MIB was good.
edit on 27-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

It was alright, but it was a far cry from the first two MIB movies. Making it so far apart from the first 2 films doesn't help either. Like you said in the OP, most of the time the 3rd film gets the bad reputation. I think The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is probably one of the only exceptions to that rule.

However, I hear that a lot of people prefer "For a Few Dollars More", which is my least favorite of the three.

"If you're going to shoot..shoot!..don't talk!"

"There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns, and those who dig. YOU dig."

Brilliant!

new topics

top topics

join