It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Syria: Foreign fighters join Syrian rebels in Aleppo battle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
news.blogs.cnn.com...

Inside Syria: Foreign fighters join Syrian rebels in Aleppo battle

CNN’s Ivan Watson and crew are some of the few Western reporters in Syria, whose government has been restricting access on foreign journalists and refusing many of them entry. Below is an edited account of what Watson has seen and been told in rebel-controlled towns near Aleppo on Wednesday:

People in every village in Aleppo province that CNN has visited say they’ve sent fighters to try to capture Aleppo. The bulk of the fighters are Syrian, but CNN has seen some foreigners among them.

On Wednesday, CNN’s crew met a Libyan fighter who had crossed into Syria from Turkey with four other Libyans. The fighter wore full camouflage and was carrying a Kalashnikov rifle. He said more Libyan fighters were on the way.

Earlier this week, in neighboring Idlib province, residents of a village where the rebel Syrian Falcons brigade was headquartered said fighters of several North African nationalities were serving in the brigade, even though the group's leader insisted all of his fighters were Syrian. At least one armed man there introduced himself to CNN as a citizen of Turkey.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I searched, and failed to discover anything pertaining to this story,

i believe we knew foreign troops were involved, though, within the scheme of events, with the discovery of multiple foreign fighters show ramifications of attacks

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Starting to sound a bit like Cuba! Viva la revolution!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Indeed, though it's not a 'factual revolution' more a 'coup d'état' by Proxy,

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
Indeed, though it's not a 'factual revolution' more a 'coup d'état' by Proxy,

+1.

It's interesting, I read an article last night (whose source I don't remember) where the writer had blamed the US and Israel for the destabilisation of Syria.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but Israel is the LAST nation that could possibly want destabilisation in Syria.

There's no doubt, though, that the 'Free Syria Army', whom so many media outlets champion as 'pro-democracy' is being supported by the West... and by Al-Qaeda, for that matter... and by the Muslim Brotherhood. And when each of those players is on the SAME SIDE...? You know you've got a bad situation on your hands.

...and I think this is going to be one instance where the US playing the 'enemy of our enemy is our friend' card is going to royally screw them over. Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

...and I think this is going to be one instance where the US playing the 'enemy of our enemy is our friend' card is going to royally screw them over. Time will tell.

Indeed, though the sands of time are waning, upon the completion lays the mystery, likewise destruction

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Such kind of events start major wars or even world wars.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Turkish labor party says that Turkey President is inciting terrorism in Syria.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Yinon Plan.Israel wants reestablish Greater Israel for the coming antichrist child of the Rothschild .

Palestine was named Israel after Lord Rothschild's own son.
edit on 26-7-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join