It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey ok's cross border attacks as pipeline is attacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I Don't know a lot about this,but i'm sure its another piece to the puzzle.

Turkey will strike Turkish PKK fighters in their new Syrian bases
DEBKAfile July 26, 2012, 9:28 AM (GMT+02:00)

An emergency session of Turkey’s military, intelligence and administrative bodies called by Turkey’s Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan stated Wednesday that the country would do everything necessary to defend itself against terrorist attacks – whether internal or external. DEBKAfile: The session was called following Syria’s admittance of an estimated 2,000 PKK fighters from bases in northern Iraq to Syrian Kurdistan. Sources in Ankara disclose that the meeting approved cross-border attacks against the PKK’s new lairs in Syria

www.ekurd.net...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
maby this will be the straw that finally breaks the cammels back???

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't know this for sure, but I thought DEBKA was a hoaxer outfit.

I'd have to see confirmation from another source before I believe any of it.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I don't know this for sure, but I thought DEBKA was a hoaxer outfit.
I'd have to see confirmation from another source before I believe any of it.

Ofcourse it is true as it is on several other outlets too. Google 'PKK Fighters'

[url=http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2012/Jul-26/182065-turkey-warns-it-would-strike-pkk-fighters-inside-syria.ashx#axzz21khuifZn]Linky[/ url]

edit on 26-7-2012 by hp1229 because: edit link

edit on 26-7-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
www.presstv.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

surprise
www.sandraoffthestrip.com...:
edit on 26-7-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Another good read :www.platts.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What an absolutely diabolical thing to do, if at all true. It seems that Assad knows he is about to fall, and he is not going to go out alone. He's going to take out as many people as he can with him. The way he has treated his people is sickening, and if he does this against his own people then what will he do to his enemies? If this is anywhere near true then I fear we have left it too late to stop him, he should have been stopped years ago. Hitler springs to mind.

However its entirely possible that this is just the picture of him the media is painting, and this is all propaganda to lure people into believing Syria is evil, and gain public support for the coming invasion. Iraq springs to mind.

Which is which? Theres no way to know without being there for yourself.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I would also like to add this, because it is connected with the growing and under-reported conflict between Syria and Turkey:

www.cbsnews.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Syria still has a very capable military,and Assad has made a deal with the PKK for support,more than ever there is a real possibility of involving neighboring countries in open war,especially when there investments/interests are at stake.
Most westerners dont understand the dynamics,with religion that has no borders and history of a region where people will gladly give there lives for what they believe...as it stands this has become a proxy conflict with arms and fighters flowing in from all sides.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Turkish forces attacked Kurdish rebels (PKK) in a south-east region near the Iraqi borders, killing 15 Kurdish rebels, as was reported by Reuters.

ref:thedailynewsegypt.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
A great article regarding the situation in Syria,for those of you who have the time
slightly off-topic,but well worth the read:

dissidentvoice.org...
edit on 29-7-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Two Turkish soldiers killed in PKK clashes, locals flee..

The two soldiers were killed and 10 others wounded during fighting that broke out in the Kurdish region of Turkey on Sunday.

Fighting, including bombardment with helicopters and war planes, was still underway on the southern fringe of the Kurdish town of Semdinli
ref:www.ekurd.net...

I highly doubt at this point there will be any cross-border attacks into Syria, from Turkey before the downfall of Assad and his regime,although things will probably get worse before better between the Kurds and Turkey..fingers crossed that these two can turn the page and find a way to live together..
edit on 30-7-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Turkish military tank exercise opposite Syrian border
DEBKAfile August 1, 2012, 4:24 PM (GMT+02:00)

The exercise was a show of muscle aimed at the Turkish Kurdish PKK rebels from bases in Iraq, who were allowed by the Assad regime to take up position in five Syrian Kurdish towns and fight Ankara from there, in collaboration with Syria’s ethnic Kurdish Democratic Union Party.

Despite Turkey's moves, analysts do not foresee an immediate military cross-border operation which would further complicate the crisis. Ankara's first option is to use all diplomatic and political channels to isolate the PKK and the affiliated PYD group in Syria.
edit on 1-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Major battles between PKK Kurds and Turks in Semdinli Turkey ,along the the Iran/Iraq border

Fighting, including bombardment with helicopters and war planes.
As intense fighting [in the area] enters its ninth day, it is distressing that the media has almost concealed the situation from the public
more...
reports of victories by both sides
fighting ongoing..
District Mayor Töre also reproached the media for turning a blind eye to the ongoing crisis in the area:

"We would like to draw the attention of free and democratic media establishments to the region. There is a conflict underway the like of which has [not been seen] for a long time; hundreds have been displaced. [Officials] should take steps to redress this grievance with all haste. For that reason, we want the press to turn its attention to here," he said. (AS)
ref:www.todayszaman.com...
www.ekurd.net...
www.bianet.org...
edit on 1-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Syrian Army on Highest State of Alert After Reports of American Troops in Turkey,Jordan Near the Border

According to former FBI translator Sibel Edmonds, Israeli intelligence sources confirm that US Special Forces are massing in Jordan on the Syrian border having been transferred from Iraq.
Hundreds of foreign troops were witnessed near the Jordanian border village of Al-Mafraq, having moved back and forth between King Hussein Air Base of al-Mafraq and villages adjacent to the Syrian border.
After interviewing an employee in the London-based office of Royal Jordanian Airlines, Nizar Nayouf also reported that, “At least one US aircraft carrying military personnel landed in the Prince Hassan Air base located about 100 km to the east of the city of Al-Mafraq.”
ref:www.freedom-won.net...
edit on 2-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

nsnbc.wordpress.com...
shashankjoshi.wordpress.com...

I have no idea if these are legit sources..but multiple outlets are reporting American military buildup along the border..

Officials: US drones monitoring clashes in Syria..

The officials said this surveillance is not in preparation for U.S. military intervention. Rather, the Obama administration hopes to use the overhead visual evidence and intercepts of Syrian government and military communications

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

edit on 2-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Explosion on Kirkuk-Ceyhan pipeline interrupts Iraq's oil flow to Turkey

ANKARA,— An overnight blast in Turkey's Kurdish region in southeastern of the country interrupted oil flow from Iraq, with Kurdish PKK rebels suspected to be behind the explosions, Turkish authorities said Monday.

The blast hit the Kirkuk-Ceyhan pipeline in Kurdish Mardin province in Turkey Kurdistan close to Turkey's border with Syrian Kurdistan and repairs are expected to take up to 10 days, an energy ministry official said on customary condition of anonymity.

The incident, believed to be an act of sabotage by the Kurdish rebels, also sparked a fire that was brought under control on Monday, according to another source from the ministry.
ref:www.ekurd.net...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Syria Arrests Turkish Army General in Aleppo

The Syrian Army announced that it has recently apprehended a Turkish general who commanded the terrorists trying to seize control of Aleppo.

According to an informed source in Syria, the Turkish general was arrested during the Syrian Army's clashes with the terrorists in Aleppo.

News reports said that the Turkish general has been taken to Damascus for further interrogations.

Earlier, Turkish media also reported that Syria has detained 40 Turkish military officers in different parts of the country, and said that efforts to release them have failed.
hamsayeh.net...
nsnbc.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Syria Captures Turkish and Saudi Officers Commanding Death Squads

counterpsyops.com...
interesting vid
edit on 8-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Whoa - first of all S&F. I'd missed this thread. Great job at gathering all the info and keeping the thread updated. I agree, its likely going to be a vital bit of the puzzle before its all over.

Will be somewhat interesting to see how the US attempts to position itself over this. When Sadam was hammering the Kurds the US was always very pro-Kurd. Will be interesting to see how the stance changes now that Turkey and Syria are the main players.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I think we can all accept that Turkey will continue its support for the rebels ,but not openly engage , although i do think that all will change when/if there is a regime shift,also depends on what roll the Kurds will play on the govnt level..
With everything so fluid it's difficult to predict..Perhaps the Kurds will be the biggest beneficiaries of this war..

www.ekurd.net...
edit on 9-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

join