It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I, the average US Citizen, become PRESIDENT of the United States?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So, I am sitting here reading about the corruption and scandals that have happened in our government, past and present.
How do i become PRESIDENT? Do I have to be corrupt? Will I become corrupt?
I am just the average US citizen.

I am ready to take the plunge....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jetman44

Options!

1. Be born into a lineage that has former/current presidents.
2. Be a rich politician.
3. Lie, cheat, steal, blackmail, murder, and con your way to a position of Governor or Senator. Meet the people who say who the next President will be, tell them you will gladly be their puppet so you can sit in the Oval Office.
4. Be despicable enough to where they seek you out and tell you/ask you to be the puppet President.
5. Work hard, study hard, love the principles of freedom, the Constitution, The Bill of Rights, be a champion for the people, always honest, keeps his campaign promises, and only has the people's best interests at heart.

Trick Question!
*One of these methods does not work.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'd love to see an average Joe take the bull by the horns.

Our forefathers had the dream of regular citizens leading our nation- they never intended career politicians to rule everything.

Unfortunately, the average American is TRASHED by the media if they even attempt it.

Say what you will about Palin but even as a potential VP she was railed against as being a lame soccer mom and an airhead who lacked proper experience- and she was at least a governor. Imagine if it was a regular blue collared worker who had a job as a TV repairman.

Not that I don't think a certain level of experience and knowledge is unimportant. But I do see an average citizen being ripped to shreds if they tried and it's pretty sad.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Never mind.
edit on 26-7-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Get to know George Soros "really well."
Make friends with domestic terrorists and commies.
Live in Chicago.

That's really all there is to it.
(Actually the last two are redundant.)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You cant. Don't you know the richest guy wins? unless you have millions, its completely hopeless.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmashPapayaKC
You cant. Don't you know the richest guy wins? unless you have millions, its completely hopeless.

I used to say you could be anything but I would give up on this dream unless you can make it Rich.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cataka

Options!

2. Be a rich politician.
3. Lie, cheat, steal, blackmail, murder, and con your way to a position of Governor or Senator. Meet the people who say who the next President will be, tell them you will gladly be their puppet so you can sit in the Oval Office.
4. Be despicable enough to where they seek you out and tell you/ask you to be the puppet President.
5. Work hard, study hard, love the principles of freedom, the Constitution, The Bill of Rights, be a champion for the people, always honest, keeps his campaign promises, and only has the people's best interests at heart.

Trick Question!

Okay...so what would happen if someone went up there and could careless about being president but first started their campaign by telling the truth?

IE: I support gay marriage or I don't

See if I ever ran for president, I would go up to that podium and do nothing but spit the truth.
I would never take a vacation until I fixed the United States because there are people who haven't taken a trip in years. I would hire advisers that know what they are doing. Read everything that comes to my desk, no matter how long it takes me and since I wouldn't be taking vacations...I would have time. Look at both sides and not just the one I am on because to run this country it is a team effort.

No, president does any of that. We are all so fixated on abortion, drugs, terrorism, and gay marriage that we all have forgotten what is really important............................the future of this nation and our kids.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Look at the recent past.

Eisenhower was a West Point graduate. WW II catapulted him to fame and the presidency.
Kennedy was from a rich family. Can't compete with father Joe's wealth.
Johnson worked his way through college and became a school teacher. He probably stole his first election.
Nixon grew up poor, but managed to get though law school before joining the navy as an officer.
Ford came from a broken home, washed dishes in college and was a star football player
Carter was the son of a peanut farmer and attended Annapolis
Reagan was born in an apartment and lived above a variety store. He became famous as an actor
Bush I came from a political family. His father was a senator
Clinton came from a working class family and got scholarships to attend college
Bush II: See Bush I
Obama was born to a single 18 year old mother and was raised by his grandparent.

When you look at the histiory of the modern presidents,, only a few were born to wealth; Kennedy and the Bush's. The rest had very modest beginnings. Some gained fame in other fields (Eisenhower, Reagan), and some entered polituics at an earkly age (Nixon, Clinton), but yiou can't reasonably claim that all the residents were pre-chiosen because of their membership in the Illuminati. By and large they were not connected to connected families. If they did connect to TPTB, it was later in life.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by Cataka

Options!

2. Be a rich politician.

Trick Question!

Okay...so what would happen if someone went up there and could careless about being president but first started their campaign by telling the truth?

IE: I support gay marriage or I don't

See if I ever ran for president, I would go up to that podium and do nothing but spit the truth.
I would never take a vacation until I fixed the United States because there are people who haven't taken a trip in years. I would hire advisers that know what they are doing. Read everything that comes to my desk, no matter how long it takes me and since I wouldn't be taking vacations...I would have time. Look at both sides and not just the one I am on because to run this country it is a team effort.

No, president does any of that. We are all so fixated on abortion, drugs, terrorism, and gay marriage that we all have forgotten what is really important............................the future of this nation and our kids.
Telling the truth and putting the country first is what the libertarian candidates have been doing for years in a system rigged in favor of the two party system. Their honesty unfortunately has never propelled them into the presidency or even close. Ron Paul has tried to break through the two party stranglehold by working from within using libertarian ideals. He has made amazing progress but likely will never be the president. The masses want their opiate and it's not Truth. All in all I agree with Cataka. He nailed it.

new topics

top topics

join