It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Iran Accuses Israel of Plotting Bulgaria Bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This is just in on Haaretz, one of the main Israeli newspapers:

www.haaretz.com...

Quote from Iran's Ambasssador:

""Such terrorist operation could only be planned and carried out by the same regime whose short history is full of state terrorism operations and assassinations aimed implicating others for narrow political gains," Khazaee said. "I could provide ... many examples showing that this regime killed its own citizens and innocent Jewish people during the last couple of decades. "

The Isareli ambassador's response, well...you can't make this stuff up! Look at the last sentence...

I"srael's Deputy Ambassador to the UN Haim Waxman said "The Iranian ambassadors' words are shocking but not surprising. The regime in question denies the Holocaust and claims that the September 11 attacks are a conspiracy theory. The Iranian leaders don't only use words in their campaign of hate; they back their words with actions."

Waxman continued: "We have no doubt regarding the Iranian involvement in the terror attack in Bulgaria last week. Their finger prints are found time and again in all attempts to harm Israeli citizens and Jews around the world. Iranian terrorism had already spread two five contents and dozens of countries. It is time that the world stop the Iranian campaign of terror once and for all."

Are we witnessing the opening statements before Israel launches a strike?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Haknow

Someone should take 50 of Israel's nukes, and give them to Iran, and then the US, Russia, China, should all pull out of the area, stop all monetary aid, stop all sanctions, stop all involvement, and put them in "timeout" for 24 months. Don't talk to their ambassadors, don't watch their news, turn off the surveillance satellites, just ignore the region entirely. After 24 months, open negotiations with whatever civilization is there. If they can work out their differences without annihilating each other..... GREAT! If they have completely wiped each other off the map..... acceptable. If one was victorious over the other..... at least the millenial conflict will be over, and we can focus on moving forward instead of re-fighting the same war over and over again.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Iran with nukes= peace and stability in the region 'nuff said

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Haknow

Someone should take 50 of Israel's nukes, and give them to Iran, and then the US, Russia, China, should all pull out of the area, stop all monetary aid, stop all sanctions, stop all involvement, and put them in "timeout" for 24 months. Don't talk to their ambassadors, don't watch their news, turn off the surveillance satellites, just ignore the region entirely. After 24 months, open negotiations with whatever civilization is there. If they can work out their differences without annihilating each other..... GREAT! If they have completely wiped each other off the map..... acceptable. If one was victorious over the other..... at least the millenial conflict will be over, and we can focus on moving forward instead of re-fighting the same war over and over again.

What a fantasy.
The worlds oil supply will stop flowing and literally billions of people around the world will suffer and even die because of it.
Without transport of basic foodstuffs to any major city, people will start dieing off. Economies would collapse, power grids would shut down.
Nobody is going to allow that to happen because Iran wants to annihilate Israel.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So the Iranian ambassador made some very strong charges against Israel....and the best Israel can come up with is "Oh they deny the holocaust and, um, uh 9/11! The world should stop them!"

Weak......very weak to say the least. I hope one side or the other can come up with evidence to back up their claims and show that evidence to all the world.

It's about time for these nations to quit bickering back and forth. Either bomb each other or shut the hell up!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

You seem to have fallen for two major ad campaigns.

"Iran wants to annihilate Israel" Mostly false.
"Without the M.E., the world won't have oil." Mostly false.

Sure, it would cause a major shift in trade and policy, that is kind of the point. We need a major shift in trade and policy. We have empowered this region, while also exploiting it. We need to quit doing both. First off, we need to cut oil consumption anyway, but at the same time, we there are plenty of other oil reserves to develop and use.

I agree it is a pipe dream though. It isn't going to happen, the conflict in the region makes for interesting and profitable dynamics. It will continue.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

So what if the oil from the ME is shut off? They aren't the only place in the world that sells oil someone else will sell oil in their place.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Well, we only get about 16% of our oil from the region.
www.consumerenergyreport.com...

The biggest risk is a price shock. If the price goes too high it makes the resource unafforable and thus the economy collapses.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That exactly what i say, minus nukes for weapons. I say we see all of those guys some stock to balance the books, then turn our head. Let them figure things out just like everyone else has, either they wipe each other out, one stands victorious, or there is finally and winner or loser.

Then everyone moves on. But then again, when someone takes half of your house because "God says so", your gonna get PO'ed.

Let them duke it out. What are the Israelis worried about? If they are indeed gods children as they are shoving down everyone's throat, then his divine might will smite any country seeking to invade. Like the Romans.. hehe
edit on 26-7-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think some people here don't seem to realise the implications of an Israeli strike on Iran. Despite appearances, this whole thing has actually little to do with Israel or Iran - they are both instruments in a wider geopolitical conflict, which could drag in a whole lot of other nations.

The question is not whether there's enough oil or whether it could come from other sources - personally, I believe it would cause a major disruption of supplies worldwide at the very least - but where that Iranian oil is supposed to be going.

Did you know, for example, that no less than 20% of China's oil comes from...Iran?

Now, when you know the pace of Chinese growth (around 10%/year) and that growth is essential to the continued stability of the Chinese state, and that growth ultimately depends on the energy (oil) you consume...Then you start to understand that China cannot sustain its current growth (and hence stability) without Iranian oil.

In my view, to understand the true motivations for a war against Iran, we need to look at who would profit from such a thing.

When we know the US is trillions in debt, held by the balls by the chinese through debt, unable to keep up with Chinese growth and its only comparative advantage now is military might...I think it is fairly obvious the US has the most to gain from it. Especially if it's Israel on the front line.

Remember: the victors write the rules - and they sure can forgive their own debts.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Mostly false, now that's a hedge if I've ever seen one! LOL!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The article forgot to mention that Mohammad Khazaee's government funds and arms Hezbollah, Hamas and other subgroups, they also murdered their own people in the 2009 Iranian election protests.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

Mostly false, now that's a hedge if I've ever seen one! LOL!

Ya, it was. The famous statement has been disproven, but I'm pretty sure Iran wouldn't mind seeing Israel annihilated, they just haven't openly declared it like people claim. So, it was a hedge.

top topics

join