It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beast of Brooklyn washed up in New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Beast of Brooklyn washed up in New York

www.thesun.co.uk

MYSTERY surrounds the discovery of a hideous creature washed up under the Brooklyn Bridge in New York.
Dubbed the 'Manhattan monster', its ghoulish carcass has a mutilated face, hairless flesh and five human-like fingers at the end of its limbs.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7/26/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just picked this up in an English newspaper today. Can anyone from the US spread a little more light on this please?

I haven't had time yet to check it out, but is Brooklyn anywhere near that place where Jesse Ventura done a programme about a genetic research lab? Plum Island was it called maybe..?

I'll look it up tonight, when i get home from work.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-7-2012 by GeordieLegend because: Sorry, i just found this elsewhere, but not named "The Beast of Brooklyn".

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It looks a lot like the Plum Island monster that washed up years ago.....and plum island isn't that far away.

Plum Island Monster

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GeordieLegend

Doesn't look like Plum Island is TOO far from Brooklyn.

BUT...I'd say this is likely a bloated and sloughed-off raccoon or something similar. Nature can do some fairly strange things to dead animals, and the hands don't look that different from raccoon paws (and likely a few other things).

There MIGHT be crazy things out there...but this one doesn't require much beyond a fairly mundane explanation, to be honest. Take care.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Somehow I cannot see the pictures. Either are taken off the site or maybe some settings wouldn't let me see them. Can anyone post the pics in this thread please?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Fukushima mutating animals maybe??

Very strange nonetheless.
edit on 26-7-2012 by fictitious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
...at first i thought it was the Mother-in-law, but then i realised it didn't have a moustache...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sort of resembles a rather vicious looking pig, if you ask me. Only maybe a tad bit skinnier than my ex-boss.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Try ABC7News(WABC) video and 5 photo gallery, 'The Sun' sourced from them.

abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=8749048

---

Previous threads with better resolution

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread864453/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread864565/pg1
edit on 26-7-2012 by amcpwoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
it look to me to be a rat that has been swollen in the water.........

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
How do we know what goes on in research labs?
Is it too far fetched to think that some scientist somewhere is mixing human DNA with animal DNA?
I'm not saying this is a research experiment gone bad but do we really know for sure that there isn't a scientist somewhere creating horrible monstrosities in the name of science?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

I have often thought about that. The Island of Doctor Moreau and it's movie adaptions really sent shivers up my spine. Also the movie Splice. The entire idea just freaks me out.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Raccoons and pigs and dogs are everywhere, so how come we don't see these bloated dead versions of them washing up more often in other locations, particularly after floods or other disasters when animal carcasses typically do show up? Why do these really weird hybrid ones seem to turn up off the currents of a particular area reputed to be conducting experiments?

We build bombs and all manner of weaponry we proudly show off. We have known experiments using stimulants to make our ordinary human servicemen into "super soldiers". We had a thread on ATS not long ago about known experiments mixing human cells into animals. From what was known about the treatment of those animals, it didn't sound like they would have a pleasant existence. These things add up to show we have no regard for life anyway and that nothing is sacred before science. What is going to stop our government from making hybrids of animals with each other or human beings?

It is more probable that these mystery monsters are ordinary animals disfigured by exposure to the elements. But I would not be the least bit shocked to find out they are experimental hybrids. The country I thought I knew and wanted to serve when I was a youth died a very public death well documented in all of our mainstream publications and news. I didn't have to join ATS and get into conspiracies to see that. Welcome to the new world order.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by GeordieLegend

Doesn't look like Plum Island is TOO far from Brooklyn.

BUT...I'd say this is likely a bloated and sloughed-off raccoon or something similar. Nature can do some fairly strange things to dead animals, and the hands don't look that different from raccoon paws (and likely a few other things).

There MIGHT be crazy things out there...but this one doesn't require much beyond a fairly mundane explanation, to be honest. Take care.

I'm going with dead raccoon.
Just look how similar the paws are, despite the apparent decomposition
www.google.com...,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1680&bih=893&um=1&ie=UTF-8&t bm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=f5gRUIamBIjo9ASGhIG4Aw -Raccoon paws

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Disfigured, as in... changed it from having a "2 toed hoof" into a 5 fingered hand?
Somehow I don't see the elements causing that.

new topics

top topics

join