It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Racist? Didn't Know He Was Only President of Black People.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbatstein
reply to post by gncnew

He's half Jewish and half Black, but for some reason nobody ever talks about his Jewish blood

Is he really? Why has he never visited or courted Israel do you think? I didn't know this until now - politics aside, you'd think a POTUS that was even partly Jewish would support them more than any other...

Interesting.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

How is this different from other Presidents establishing African American programs or initiatives? Just because he is black and establishing a program toward that community doesn't mean he only cares about black Americans, but it is the votes that's it.

I will be voting for him again.
edit on 7/27/2012 by Djayed because: Added something

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

So is Obama saying that African_americans are under par in education aka dumb and whites, hispanics, asian, and x are on par??

Or does he just look out for Black People.

Either way it looks pretty bad,

Why does it have to race specific. Why is so much emphasis placed on race in this country. it is retarded.

How about they just make an educational program for ALL STUDENTS WHO STRUGGLE.

Even when other administrations have done the same I think the same thing, why does it have to be only for a certain group of people. way to keep rubbing in race.

edit on 27-7-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by openlocks

Originally posted by Elienne
reply to post by openlocks

And I would put forth that it is educators like you who need to go.You are a racist, fearful and overall ignorant bunch who care more about your own precious little bubble of a world you live in than you do about the kids you are supposed to be helping. Thankfully, more and more communities are starting to recognize that people like you are the real burdens on society, and are calling to pull your state backed pensions and benefits. It is time to move beyond our traditionally racist belief systems and think about human life as a whole.

In my mind, you and Obama are no different. Both of you want to just sweep this issue under the rug with a few simple statements and actions. He'll spend more taxpayers money on worthless govt. programs and you'll just point your finger at the victims and shake your self-righteous head in disapproval.

Wow, calling me a racist just because I state what I have observed in many years of being a teacher? What you do not understand is that just because you think I am racist does not make it so. I see the woman with the 30 pregnant black girls meet in my room once a week. Am I racist because I state that this is happening? No. Am I wrong in stating that there is a high illegitimacy rate in the black community? No. Am I a dedicated teacher? Yes. Let me repeat that, yes I am. I work hard and long at trying to help students. Just because a truth is told is no reason for you to lump me in a group of people that you state need to go and that we, and I , are what is wrong with our schools or society. As to being concerned about a bubble that I supposedly live in instead of helping kids, what utter crap you spout. I can tell you obviously had bad teachers, but I can also tell you that I have had students of all ethnic backgrounds come to me to get help, to discuss problems, to get me to help them against other students or teachers. Yes, I have gone to teachers to ask them to back off a students and just send me the student to work with. I have had students say they wish I was their parent. I have spent my own money to buy groceries for a minority student because she and her grandmother were out of the government money and had a week to go before another check came in. I have called colleges and worked on students financial aid applications for them and ensured that they got the free money they qualified for because of their background, and let me tell you my own children did not get a dime from our government. Did this prevent me from helping my students? NO.
So before you continue to spout your obvious prejudices, especially about teachers, think carefully that just because there are some bad teachers, and I do not disagree with that, there are a whole lot of us who are in the trenches , doing the actual work, helping students, listening to people talk about how crappy teachers are, while we worry about being assaulted by students by the way, and still we do the job we love. Believe me, I did not stay in this work for the money, because where I live it is not that great and in fact I have friends who do not have college degrees who make a lot more money that I do and have better benefits! I continue in this field because I want to help students to get better lives . Having been the child of two alcoholic parents, I broke that chain , and I care about all the students I see and work with.
I do not expect that this little mini rant of mine will change your low grade mind, but at least I feel better !

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed
reply to post by gncnew

How is this different from other Presidents establishing African American programs or initiatives? Just because he is black and establishing a program toward that community doesn't mean he only cares about black Americans, but it is the votes that's it.

I will be voting for him again.
edit on 7/27/2012 by Djayed because: Added something

Curious, which other presidents have made programs specifically for black people?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

And I would put forth that it is educators like you who need to go.You are a racist, fearful and overall ignorant bunch who care more about your own precious little bubble of a world you live in than you do about the kids you are supposed to be helping. Thankfully, more and more communities are starting to recognize that people like you are the real burdens on society, and are calling to pull your state backed pensions and benefits. It is time to move beyond our traditionally racist belief systems and think about human life as a whole.

In my mind, you and Obama are no different. Both of you want to just sweep this issue under the rug with a few simple statements and actions. He'll spend more taxpayers money on worthless govt. programs and you'll just point your finger at the victims and shake your self-righteous head in disapproval.

Wow, calling me a racist just because I state what I have observed in many years of being a teacher? What you do not understand is that just because you think I am racist does not make it so. I see the woman with the 30 pregnant black girls meet in my room once a week. Am I racist because I state that this is happening? No. Am I wrong in stating that there is a high illegitimacy rate in the black community? No. Am I a dedicated teacher? Yes. Let me repeat that, yes I am. I work hard and long at trying to help students. Just because a truth is told is no reason for you to lump me in a group of people that you state need to go and that we, and I , are what is wrong with our schools or society. As to being concerned about a bubble that I supposedly live in instead of helping kids, what utter crap you spout. I can tell you obviously had bad teachers, but I can also tell you that I have had students of all ethnic backgrounds come to me to get help, to discuss problems, to get me to help them against other students or teachers. Yes, I have gone to teachers to ask them to back off a students and just send me the student to work with. I have had students say they wish I was their parent. I have spent my own money to buy groceries for a minority student because she and her grandmother were out of the government money and had a week to go before another check came in. I have called colleges and worked on students financial aid applications for them and ensured that they got the free money they qualified for because of their background, and let me tell you my own children did not get a dime from our government. Did this prevent me from helping my students? NO.
So before you continue to spout your obvious prejudices, especially about teachers, think carefully that just because there are some bad teachers, and I do not disagree with that, there are a whole lot of us who are in the trenches , doing the actual work, helping students, listening to people talk about how crappy teachers are, while we worry about being assaulted by students by the way, and still we do the job we love. Believe me, I did not stay in this work for the money, because where I live it is not that great and in fact I have friends who do not have college degrees who make a lot more money that I do and have better benefits! I continue in this field because I want to help students to get better lives . Having been the child of two alcoholic parents, I broke that chain , and I care about all the students I see and work with.
I do not expect that this little mini rant of mine will change your low grade mind, but at least I feel better !

You dont understand, that is how they can just ignore you and feel "good" about it. Disagree? Racist. Have a problem with the agenda? Racist.

That's the bogey man that's trotted out there all the time.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't know about any of you but where I live the most of the kids in city schools are poor and black.
They are uneducated and unprepared for school. I do not know the national %'s but I do not have a problem with what the president did. I do think that the program should be for all children that fall into that category. What he ordered wont change anything except for a few. The better schools in my area pay higher taxes and that is all there is to it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

There is not enough money to do what you request. To some people that know mentally handicapped people,using the word retarded to them is the same as n word is african americans. Just an fyi.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't believe being black or muslim makes you evil by any means but the history that you were involved in and continue to spread is what makes you evil. Michelle Obama was a part of the Black Panthers and some people say that Obama was also part of them as well. As we all know, the Black Panthers are a racist organization even though a lot of black people disagree and believe they are fighting for what's good in this nation (what?). I met this guy who said that if his business didn't work he'd go join up the Black Panthers because it's something he always wanted to do. At the time, I didn't know who they were but then I found out what it was and was blown away on how racist they are.

But if we ignore all of this, what has Obama done that is good for this nation? Very little and those things were for set communities, not for the general populous. So basically from my understanding he's done nothing worth of value for everyone, but instead committed many crimes and caused this country to be even more divided than before and has purposely destroyed our economy. Just those facts alone and yes they are facts, look at everything that is publicly available, and there's absolutely no way to blame the previous presidencies for all of this.

But all of the opposes are called racists by many. Why? We're not racist, if anything we're patriotic. Obama is a Chicago thug and doesn't represent the black community. Why am I not saying african american? Because these special titles, treatments, and celebrations need to stop for races, gender, and sexual orientation. It's only spreading more hate. I've got two black friends, and they agree and most of my friends are either gay or tran. We don't want special holidays, we want equality and to get it we need to stop making everyone special for one thing over another. The only reason why these things even exist is for political favoritism. It's not racist, bigotry, or anything other than reality.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Elienne

Ah, a strong superiority complex, just another sign of a true racist. Put everyone else down, say they are inferior to your Caucasian genetics, nice. Detach history from the present moment just to strengthen your victim bashing fest.

Jokes aside, if people can't see how the OP is covert racism then I don't know what else to say. There are a million things to criticize Obama over and he chooses educating the most disadvantaged children in America, all because it is focused on Black kids? WOW! If he hasn't noticed, IT IS BLACK KIDS who are most disadvantaged when it comes to education! LOL! Again, I am not a fan of Obama by any sense of the word. But I have also noticed how all of a sudden, in the past four years, white people have acted like a bunch of little babies crying foul play and racism. It is really a sad thing.

You have a country founded upon caucasian/europan ideals and traditions and culture, a country with a rich historic tradition of racism, a country whose social systems and policies are geared for people of caucasian descent, and country who is ruled by the majority and is 87% caucasian, and then you cry and whine like little babies when someone comes along and tries to balance the playing field a little bit for the historically disadvantaged and oppressed? WOW WOW WOW!!!!

YES YOU ARE RACIST'S!
DON"T LIKE IT, CHANGE!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Elienne

Ah, a strong superiority complex, just another sign of a true racist. Put everyone else down, say they are inferior to your Caucasian genetics, nice. Detach history from the present moment just to strengthen your victim bashing fest.

Jokes aside, if people can't see how the OP is covert racism then I don't know what else to say. There are a million things to criticize Obama over and he chooses educating the most disadvantaged children in America, all because it is focused on Black kids? WOW! If he hasn't noticed, IT IS BLACK KIDS who are most disadvantaged when it comes to education! LOL! Again, I am not a fan of Obama by any sense of the word. But I have also noticed how all of a sudden, in the past four years, white people have acted like a bunch of little babies crying foul play and racism. It is really a sad thing.

You have a country founded upon caucasian/europan ideals and traditions and culture, a country with a rich historic tradition of racism, a country whose social systems and policies are geared for people of caucasian descent, and country who is ruled by the majority and is 87% caucasian, and then you cry and whine like little babies when someone comes along and tries to balance the playing field a little bit for the historically disadvantaged and oppressed? WOW WOW WOW!!!!

YES YOU ARE RACIST'S!
DON"T LIKE IT, CHANGE!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, just as I expected, little minds, little changes. That is all you can trot out, racism....so sad. BTW, nowhere in my posts did I ever state that I was superior. I guess you skipped over the alcoholic parents part of what I posted. As someone else pointed out, racism is your only talking point. I have had my say, and won't bother any more. I only defended myself and other good teachers that I know. Obviously of no use with some people.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Your taxes go to the bank, not the government. If you really think you all pay enough in taxes to fund a trillion dollar defense budget and trillions more in programs for the society funded by the government you've all happily swallowed your hypno pills, and acted like good little slaves.

Seriously, do some research and find out where the money the US government gets for it's programs, and you'll find a small portion of it comes from the taxes paid on consumer goods and 0 from income tax even so much as visits the government office.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by gncnew

So is Obama saying that African_americans are under par in education aka dumb and whites, hispanics, asian, and x are on par??

Or does he just look out for Black People.

Either way it looks pretty bad,

Why does it have to race specific. Why is so much emphasis placed on race in this country. it is retarded.

How about they just make an educational program for ALL STUDENTS WHO STRUGGLE.

Even when other administrations have done the same I think the same thing, why does it have to be only for a certain group of people. way to keep rubbing in race.

First, im sorry are you new to America? This country has always had an unhealthy obsession with race and heritage.You are forgetting a couple of things here though. Most black people live in urban areas. The schools in these areas are just terrible because they are overcrowded and underfunded. The school district in my city has started giving schools away to private companies, turning them into charter schools, because they can't afford to improve the schools given their budgets. This is why he gave the speech to the National Urban League.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by gncnew

The President does things for ALL Americans, not just one ethnic group of them.

I don't see why helping ethnic groups, in a specific category such as education, that statistically show the need for assistance is any different than say, helping people with disabilities get good parking spots at the local grocer.

You do realize you've just equated African-Americans to the mentally and physically disabled, don't you?
edit on 27-7-2012 by Daemos360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

put simply, you are dumb. Read some books, study another culture, try to put yourself in another's shoes. But you probably will never try, and who knows why people cannot see clearly but it's ridiculous. let's flip on obama for making a very small effort to help a group that has been enslaved/treated like dirt in america up until 50 years ago (and still today, i'm sure by you) to help them get an equal playing ground. Yes, THAT is the big waste of taxpayer money, not the billions toward blowing up innocent people or economically shattering countries, or spying on YOU.

#SHILL

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Life is full of choises, you make as a human being. If I run around blameing others for where I am at I will never get to where I want too be. I learned that quite some time ago, my story is along one.I can say one thing, the education system lacks diciphline from the class room to the teachers to the unions the students, basically from the top down. What are the last two letters in blame?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarzan the apeman.

Your choices as an adult are directly affected by the education you receive as a child, your argument does not apply here.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Let me get this straight:

You complain about a, as stated by others, statistically indicated investment as "Buying votes.", whereas a "full investment" might have brought more votes (overall)? There wouldn't be the possibility of favorism compared to another group, but in fact support for everyone. Which would not be appreciated, because "the other groups" would not need it or the money would just been wasted.

I understand the complaints about inequity, but in fact sometimes it is needed to make change possible. Surely it is wishfull that everyone gets full support, but you cannot face every problem at once, so you focus at the so called "risk-groups" at first to achieve the maximum impact. (And in fact the most difference is made in day to day interaction than a presidential decision.) Later on you can spread the benefits or take them back (Which might cause problems, though). See it as initial push, start-up aid.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by drbatstein
reply to post by gncnew

He's half Jewish and half Black, but for some reason nobody ever talks about his Jewish blood

Is he really? Why has he never visited or courted Israel do you think? I didn't know this until now - politics aside, you'd think a POTUS that was even partly Jewish would support them more than any other...

Interesting.

No, he isn't. His father was an atheistic Kenyan and his mother was supposedly Christian of primarily English descent There is no evidence suggesting any Jewish lineage.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This thread really proves the point that America is still a very traditionally racist nation. Go see who has the most stars and you will see the evidence.

"Oh, yea, call me racist. That is what 'they' always do when they can't win an argument!"

Oh, yea, maybe it is because YOU ARE A RACIST!

1. You were given a brief history lesson, and you dismissed history and attempted to detach history from the present moment by saying none of that matters "they need to take care of their own S#*T!"

2. You were given national statistics on education achievement gaps between whites and blacks, and you said numbers don't mean anything "they need to take care of their own S#*T!".

3. You were given a plethora of other things to be angry with Obama over and you brush all those to the side to focus solely on his attempt to better the education standards of the MOST DISADVANTAGED kids in our nation.

You people can't be serious? Did I just step into a tea party convention or what?

edit on 28-7-2012 by openlocks because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join