It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hoaxes or real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
where my last post go? so i have read the John titor threads but still have many questions. I am sorry about my sarcasm. I am just curious what do people think of people who pose on the internet as time travelers?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I am so confused here I just came on here to discuss time travel and time travel hoaxes..

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
A mod put you on global ignore. You must have done something wrong.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
yeah i guess he didnt like my saractic wit? well can people stil see my post?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
back to my orginal thoughts. Ok so how can John titor have possibly posted again and again without being put on global ignore or being censored in some way? I am open to different possiblities. Not sure about time travel but hey if it were true that would be something.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, I think now that you understand that we don't appreciate people intentionally posting false material as you did. Since you now admit that it was all a sham (guised as sarcasm), we can continue so you can have a discussion about what you wish.

Know that you didn't make a very great entrance to ATS, but hopefully you will understand that and put it behind you.

Also note the "u2u" showing near the top right corner of the page. You might want to click that and read your mail.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
this must be they way john titor started his journey lol. Am i not allowed to have a sense of humour in here. I never meant to do any harm.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
this must be they way john titor started his journey lol. Am i not allowed to have a sense of humour in here. I never meant to do any harm.

Normally when people go to a party, they look around and see how other people are conducting themselves as a matter of ettiquete. Your entrance was more of a run in the back yard and urinate in the pool style.

You call it humor, but we have www.belowtopsecret.com for humor. ATS is more serious, so we call what you did lying. I think we can accept the apology and move on to actual discussion now? If not, we can move this thread to chit chat so other can get on to serious discussion.

As for John Titor and how he did it. For one thing, he was subtle about it. Something you were not.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
i really meant to put that post under John titor. I just could not resist I have very sarcastic wit and I did not know about the other board. I never conform to how others I am always myself. This is me.. I like to have fun and I like to figure out things in unusual ways. Wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

yeah i guess he didnt like my saractic wit? well can people stil see my post?

Perhaps your "saractic wit" does not resonate with the ATS membership? The application of sarcasm is most effective when the intended audience has a reference point (a baseline knowledge of your normal point of view/stance on subjects) in which to contrast your intended sarcastic (and hopefully humorous) post. Being new, there was little hope of this distinction being made, and therefore you posts where misinterpreted (or maybe not, the jury is still out).

dictionary.com
sar�casm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s�rkzm)
n.
A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

Definition provided for future reference.

Humor is allowed on ATS, look no further than my member name: "Mirthful Me", that should ease any fears as to the acceptance of humor here (there are some really funny humans, aliens, and one Shriner Monkey here at ATS).

p.s. Hoaxes are never funny.

new topics

top topics

join