It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Gun Prediction. (You heard it here first)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I was theorizing the other day about the possibility of making registered gun owners pay a extra fee for health insurance

That's a good idea since guns cause so much meaningless death and injury gun owners should pay more.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'd like to point out that homeowners ALREADY pay insurance for having guns. One of the top questions on an application for homeowners' insurance is "How many guns in the house?" This gets calculated in to the rates for liability coverage. You never know. Somebody might slip on your steps and sue you. Or somebody might find your gun and shoot somebody else. All the same to insurance risk rating.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Prescription drug abuse is a far more sinister and proficient killer in my experience. Have lost over 5 friends to OD, not one to being shot.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Gee I have had guns for 44 years and I haven't shot any body . Nobody I know that legally owns guns has ever used them . Just who are you saying are killing and hurting people ? I carry every day and I haven't ever been a problem to any one . The people who are not going to follow laws have them and kill regularly . They stab , beat , firebomb , run over strangle or any means necessary to get the job done . I guess more people die in cars than by guns . I believe more people die by cigarettes than by guns . More people die by alcohol related disease and accidental deaths where alcohol was a factor . Should we ban them too . dy

reply to post by CB328

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Ask the avg Syrian if he needs a gun right now.

I never said guns were not needed.

Its not for now, its for the day they try to take it from us...

I have not seen any national laws pass that indicate guns will be taken away. I would however love to see how Rambo you get if the military is on your lawn trying to collect.

As for being a blind sheep, good at least you've identified the problem and can work on it...

You so funny Dr. Jones!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

I'm not sure what you are saying here.

Bullet count does not equal target hit. How many people can actually shoot? Of those, who can fire accurately in a fire fight?

To compare a true US military control to the French is a bit off in my opinion. They didn't have drones or the missile tech we have. Our military also has more experience in urban warfare at this point. No offense to the French.

Again this is just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It's gonna happen, and it's gonna hurt, I'm loving it

Please don't bother replying......you're wasting your breath.

Tick tock tick tock...............

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DamTyD

See, I don't know if martial law would be successful. People are fed up with the govt, this includes many active military. If martial law were declared by this current administration it is likely that America would break into civil war and undergo a military coup. If that were to happen we'd be screwed.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

I'm not suggesting we close our eyes to gun rights. The NRA and the officials that get money from them have a vested interest in gun manufactures. Many of them own stock in the gun companies.

I personally believe the talk about them taking your guns is to scare the public into stockpile mentality. Think of the increase in weapon sales before Obama got into office out of fear he was about to kick in your doors. In fact the guns laws are more relaxed now than under Bush.

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy guns, or even stockpile if you want to. I just haven't seen any indication the guns rights are at risk.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I agree, some active military would go AWAL, but look how they responded in Katrina. They did kick in doors and they did take residents guns which were absolutely being used for self defense. If you haven't seen the soldiers interviews about that, you should it's chilling.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I will not comply.

They try that crap the crap I learned will be put to a good use.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DamTyD

Planes gotta land and refuel rearm . Remember Veit Namn .

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DamTyD

This is exactly why they keep upping the gun ownership requirements... because people like you appease the government. You are the same type of person who cries out "ive got nothing to hide" when it comes to the gov taking out warrant less surveillance on you.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you think the American people who would rise to the call of a revolution or civil war are planning to do so with a little 9 MM then you are very wrong. I own two glocks, a springfield, browning shotgun, and savage LE with bi-pod and 1000y lens.!.... AND I AM NOT EVEN ASSOCIATED WITH A MILITIA! Yet!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
And here's my prediction:

Soon there will be a question on our tax return: Do you own any guns? Answer honestly... severe penalties for lying on a tax return you know...

Then they know who has them.

Then come the taxes. Big ones.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Well, you know, the damndest thing just happened.

I went to get my guns out and give them a cleaning, and they are all gone. Do not know where they went but I suppose I do not have register them now.

Haha, don't worry...The criminals who stole them are bound to register them for you...It is true that most gun laws only succeed in turning law-abiding citizens into criminals. These stupid laws usually don't help stop criminals or even help keep guns away from criminals. Look at my state of Texas right now...They could pass all the laws they want to, even going as far as outlawing guns, and the cartels will STILL manage to get them en masse. That's just the way it is, because money talks, and criminals usually have money...Because let's face it...Crime pays a lot more than an honest day's work. They circumvent and break the law, making huge profits, which allow them to purchase anything that is for sale. Or not for sale in many cases. That's the whole point. Criminals don't obey the law, so why try to pass laws that will only make it harder for honest people to acquire guns?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
And now for the non-American response. Our police don't arm. Why? Because if they do, then the criminals will too. Gun control in the UK is at the exact level you criticise... Locked cabinets, strict laws... But I feel safe. It would take one simple 'right' to own a gun to take that feeling of safety right away from me. Forget this crap about protection, reading between the lines what every American tough guy is saying is 'I own a gun because it's my RIGHT'... Try telling that to the kids of Columbine. Would you give up your guns to be safe in the knowledge that would never happen again? Sadly, with my experience of Americans, I really doubt the answer would be yes or you'd have done it long ago. Oh, and lastly... With America as one of the easiest places to own guns in the world, explain how it also has the highest murder rate ;-) Or don't... I feel safe here either way and America's not on my 'to visit' list for that very reason.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by danny7147

My self I would rather be shot than to have to live in England .

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Believe me, we're agreed on that

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

What do you think the population of ATS is? Couple of 1000 maybe?

According to ATS's forum page: Total ATS Members: 265,996

<< 1    3  4 >>

join