Jersey Shore

page: 2
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bulldetector
Fall of Rome stuff.
We have hit the bottom.


You fhave to have some sense of humor in life. Is it so bad?




posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

You fhave to have some sense of humor in life. Is it so bad?


Not at all some entertainment must be for fun and some fun and entertaining. Its just so overwhelmed by reality tv it seems a program is being ran on the populace..



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by bulldetector
Fall of Rome stuff.
We have hit the bottom.


You fhave to have some sense of humor in life. Is it so bad?


You can make that assumption from 2 lines?
Of course I have a generous sense of humour.
But that is a strawman argument from you, anyway.

The point is this - do you want to defend the shows against the charge that they represent the low point of modern Western society? Go ahead ...



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil
 


I haven't seen it so I can't comment. But it might of been an error, or an intern.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bulldetector
 


In Rome, people were raped and murdered in front of a crowd for entertainment. Though awful, Jersey Shore is a vast improvement.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
nobody watches the Science channel (SCI)
they have some pretty intersting shows on there. Through The Wormhole is pretty good!


Yes! I love that show!

Although the latest couple of episodes have given me the creeps. Such as the one where they were talking about differences between races, even saying "on average" whites have a higher IQ than blacks, asians have a higher IQ than whites, and (drum roll please) Ashkenazi Jews hold the highest IQ of em all. That one struck a cord with me, seeing as how ashkenazis play a big role in conspiracies, if you believe zionists are a rothschild(also ashkenazi) creations. Finding differences between people by looking at their genetic make-up.

If the zionist Rothschilds funded Hitler and his Nazi's and by extension, their eugenics program, that gives them the ability to scientifically measure any persons intelligence, their agressiveness, any quality they may have. Going in line with the depopulation theories, they could justify it by killing off we lesser beings since we could never be as smart as our ashkenazi overlords, being just useless eaters.

Another episode they were talking about tapping into the minds subconcious, and at one point, Morgan says "I bet you know who would love to get their hands on this technology". Me, being the conspiracy theorist I am, immediately thought NSA, CIA, Mossad, etc...but then he says "College kids would love to have it, to be able to learn more than what they normally could."

I'm thinking, yeah right, if that type of tech ever became reliable enough that we peons would ever get to see or use it ourselves, unless you have $$$ to spend. Normally love the show but these last few shows creeped me out.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by bulldetector
 


In Rome, people were raped and murdered in front of a crowd for entertainment. Though awful, Jersey Shore is a vast improvement.


Oh, please. Snuff and degradation movies have been around for decades. We are already wallowing in that pit. Jersey Shore is the rape of the mind, the murder of discernment and intellect of man.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox
 


Nah......they just did a repeat of the show.....I didn't see it the first time earlier this year. It got me to watch so I guess it did it's job. Just lowered my respect for them the way it was portrayed.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Not to derail the thread or anything, but I would like to see someone post a new thread about the latest and controversial Through the Wormhole episodes. I don't think I'm yet allowed to post a new thread, and would love for people to discuss the implications of their research.

Sorry for going offtopic OP, just wanted to see a discussion on it.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox
 


Couldn't you consider rape porn and snuff (or even simulated snuff) films the very same thing? Sure it's not a crowd all gathered together, but a huge amount of people nonetheless. Entertainment is all it is I guess?



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Notadisinfoagent

Originally posted by resoe26
nobody watches the Science channel (SCI)
they have some pretty intersting shows on there. Through The Wormhole is pretty good!


Yes! I love that show!

Although the latest couple of episodes have given me the creeps. Such as the one where they were talking about differences between races, even saying "on average" whites have a higher IQ than blacks, asians have a higher IQ than whites, and (drum roll please) Ashkenazi Jews hold the highest IQ of em all. That one struck a cord with me, seeing as how ashkenazis play a big role in conspiracies, if you believe zionists are a rothschild(also ashkenazi) creations. Finding differences between people by looking at their genetic make-up.

If the zionist Rothschilds funded Hitler and his Nazi's and by extension, their eugenics program, that gives them the ability to scientifically measure any persons intelligence, their agressiveness, any quality they may have. Going in line with the depopulation theories, they could justify it by killing off we lesser beings since we could never be as smart as our ashkenazi overlords, being just useless eaters.

Another episode they were talking about tapping into the minds subconcious, and at one point, Morgan says "I bet you know who would love to get their hands on this technology". Me, being the conspiracy theorist I am, immediately thought NSA, CIA, Mossad, etc...but then he says "College kids would love to have it, to be able to learn more than what they normally could."

I'm thinking, yeah right, if that type of tech ever became reliable enough that we peons would ever get to see or use it ourselves, unless you have $$$ to spend. Normally love the show but these last few shows creeped me out.


"College kids would love to have it, to be able to learn more than what they normally could."


I was thinking the same thing as you were. I'm usually half torn down with a couple of drinks in me by the time I watch this show... Some of it I listen to, the rest flies right past me...
But usually my wife gets pissed because I get that conspiracy side of me going.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bulldetector

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by bulldetector
Fall of Rome stuff.
We have hit the bottom.


You fhave to have some sense of humor in life. Is it so bad?


You can make that assumption from 2 lines?
Of course I have a generous sense of humour.
But that is a strawman argument from you, anyway.

The point is this - do you want to defend the shows against the charge that they represent the low point of modern Western society? Go ahead ...


I dont see the strawman argument. This show is basically a comedy and there are exaggerations but
I never viewed television shows as representing western society. Did you ever watch Japanese television? I wouldnt sit in front of a television watching Japanese t.v and expect to get an entirely accurate perspective on the culture because that would be kind of dim.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by Malcher

You fhave to have some sense of humor in life. Is it so bad?


Not at all some entertainment must be for fun and some fun and entertaining. Its just so overwhelmed by reality tv it seems a program is being ran on the populace..


At first i didnt care for the whole "reality" concept but i have to admit some of the shows are actually very good. You have to consider though just how real they are. It's not like a t.v crew sets up in someones house and just starts filming.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein
 


This is true if you find Jersey shore bad you should see Geordie shore in the uk i am from the North East and am mortified when i see it however whe i go out i am reminded it is close to the truth so find it slot more belivable than some of the programmes we have on discovery and national geographic. My husband loves watching man verses food and how things made they are interesting but i feel from the programming we have at the moment it is not what i expect it to be even when something sounds interesting like British UFO files when i watch them they arfe very slow and one sided i lose concertration.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The reality show is just the latest flavor of brain-drain the industry is foisting on America (because they "know" what we like.)

Here's another example of the tragedy of what media "thinkers" are going to make us believe is the new "hot" thing:

House Flipping Is Cool Again, Say Reality TV Producers With Very Short-Term Memories


When the housing market went into the toilet in 2008, all of those house-flipping shows that were hits on basic cable went down the drain too. But now that the housing bust is apparently over, reality TV producers seem to think it's once again high time to dedicate hours of airtime to flipping.


Now bear in mind the "key" meme that our media moguls are continuously trying to make us "believe"... that the "housing crisis is over" .... amazing that they persist, isn't it?


CNBC, which some may still remember as a financial news channel, recently decided to get into the reality business and among the seven shows it is developing is "Flipping Wars: Las Vegas," which fulfills the reality TV trinity of a buzz word "flipping," the name of the city in which it takes place, and the now required use of "Wars."


Most of us are keenly aware of the lie perpetuated by the media regarding the housing debacle... which I presume the media moguls don;t want scrutinized because it is demonstrative of their utter disregard for the notion of being "informative" in a world they insist is meant for 'entertainment.'

Forbes summarized it well....


Finally, the press release does not answer the question that immediately popped into my mind, and that is whether the audience at home will get the opportunity to view the actual foreclosures themselves. But CNBC does promise an entertaining time with “bold characters” and “big stakes” for their “highly affluent, educated and influential audience.”

For those of you who are unawares, Las Vegas was one of the ground zeros of the housing boom and bust. Home prices there have been plunging for years, and the mortgage delinquency rate is currently in double digits. Nevada itself leads the nation in foreclosures. Las Vegas’ unemployment rate is rising, and was 12.1 percent in June, something that also contributes to the downward real estate spiral.

The tragedy of foreclosure is now entertainment for rich people. How fun.


How fun indeed.....



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
My girlfriend left the TV on the station that Jersey shore is played on here. I usually have the TV on when im on the computer for some background noise.

I watched 5 minutes of it and i wanted to vomit.
It is extremely stupid, im not a huge fan of TV anyways. But this was just beyond something i could stomach.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
jersey shore is disgusting!!!

Those people have more random sex with people than a tribe of bonobos!!!

Personally the bonobos can manage to not fight and cause drama every two seconds. If i had a choice between being forced to live with a tribe of bonobos or the people from jersey shore i'd pick the apes.

If I was stuck in an elevator with the cast of jersey shore because some evil villain locked us all in there and gave me a handgun demanding I had to shoot someone and I only had one bullet I'd first ask the bad guy if I could get a higher caliber round so I can line all of their heads up in one shot. If he refuses then I'd just rather shoot myself.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wittgenstein
 


Ahh here's something that tells the reality of reality television all the way back to the 1970s.




posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
In summation:

Science channel rocks.

History channel and discovery channel have some low points but are otherwise pretty good.

We are definitely doing better than the Romans.

Jwoww is hot but I still ain't watching the show.

The masses are just as stupid now as they have ever been. We just have better access to their antics.

I LOVE ATS. Where else can the discussion lead from Jersey Shore to Zionist Rothschilds in less than two pages? Hot Dog!



new topics
top topics
 
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join