It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shhh, silent, pay attention to me now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
l give and receive. Energy enters me and leaves me.
The flow is healthy, stagnation is unhealthy, so i receive and give.
When i speak i give, when i listen i receive.
But this thread is about receiving, the art of reception.
In order for me to receive, i must first stop giving, i cant speak and listen at the same time.
So i put myself silent, now i can connect, now i can receive.
Silence makes me able to receive, but to what?
To what my attention chooses. I must be silent to open myself but then my attention will choose to what energy i am receptive.
If i pay attention to others i will be receptive to them. I will listen them, feel them, enter them, i will enter their worlds, be compassionate, i will be emphatic.
But i can pay attention to myself, connect with my inner self, my soul, my consciousness. If i want answers from my soul, i first ask, then i must remain silent and pay attention to myself, the answer will come, a thought, a feeling, an image, an idea, my higher self will send it.
I can also ask to whoever is around, i can ask my guides, my guardian angels, i can call them what i want, i can ask to whoever takes care of me, because i know i am cared, we all are. Silence and attention is also the way to receive, to connect, to listen, to get.
When i ask someone if he got what i meant... i was sending energy, but i want to know if he received it well. Was he silent? Was he paying attention to me?
Life is giving and receiving, if someone wants to give, other must receive, its like this, we all must know how to give and receive. If we only want to receive or give, we stop the flow, we stop the balance.
So yes, we must know how receive too, to connect and open ourselves to the energy of others. People, animals, angels, spirits, higher selves, god, if we wish to connect and receive we must know the value of silence and paying attention.
In astrology the sun is the life giver, it represent the giving. The moon is the life receiver, it represents receiving. One shows you how to give, be creative and give, the other shows you how to receive, be silent, pay attention, stop talking, be quiet.
If someone wants to give, there must be a receiver.
Man are natural givers, woman are natural receivers, they are both equal in importance.
We have to train both skills, balance positive and negative, male and female, white and dark, duality in balance happens when we are good giving and receiving.
But this thread is about the art of receiving because the art and merit of giving is widely understood and accepted, but receiving is often misunderstood, people often block their receptive side because it is related to selfishness. But selfishness happens only if we want to receive but we don't want to give.

edit on 26-7-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The silence is better, when you have a noisy mind, that's when ego and unbalance happens. You try to give, give, give, so you won't feel "self" or try to take, take, take, full of desires.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Didnt get your point, do you agree with what i wrote?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Manula, sometimes in Australia (I don't know if you've been here or not, if not, I hope you get to visit some day, you would be welcome every day) we insult people who are our friends, to give them a compliment, and they know that because they/we are friends, it is in fac,t not an insult, but an acylation of the highest order.
Everything naturally flows in the opposite direction on the bottom half of this glorious planet.
So with that in mind I just wanted to say....

Manula, you are a freak!!

XXXX A

I saw your letter to the shooter dude the other day too, and although i didn't say at the time, I was proud of you for the size of your balls.
or hairy bean bags, as my 14 year old son likes to say

again, no offence intended, it is a complement surely, I'm just impressed and glad to share some of your journey through these diabolicalloy diverse and distrubing pages of cybernetic print.

Kindest regards and respects always
Amanda

x

Oh yeah and giday mate!

this is for you and all your friends Manula friend
edit on 26-7-2012 by AussieAmandaC because: We are very rarely silent x

edit on 26-7-2012 by AussieAmandaC because: spelling ppfffttt!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Instead of thinking in dualistic terms like "giving" and "receiving" I wanted to see it as one concept, a unity.

If you just go about your life with a silent mind (or at least try to), ego will disappear, and you'll be inspired to your actions (whether it is best to give or receive in that moment).

I wasn't exactly agree or disagreeing with you. I was just offering another perspective.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Kind words, thank you! Made me smile.
I just like to share my thoughts, i am glad if they are useful to people

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hmm ok, i get it, silence will make you receptive to unity, yep i guess it will

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

But hey, if the great masters were silent about their wisdom they wouldn't have inspired me to change my mind to where i am now, and to where i am heading.

Silence is great but i like to talk too, this forum is good for both.

Its this balance between sending and getting that i want to achieve.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
When I begin meditation, of say 2 hours, I will spend 15-20 minutes, with binaurals or buddha chant, or dolphins and whales, but something that unites the hemispheres, that one can feel working and is high frequency. During this time when I relax, I pour out my heart, my questions, my concerns, to Family and knock on my own infinite soul for answers.

Then I let go, go zenmind, the rest is to listen. Though somewhere in the depth I may also attempt astral projection, attempt to drift in the light aura of my body, or reach as high as I can, out of the universe, to wait zenmind.

Doing dishes, connected to water, especially in my household, where 6 people, and they build up, so its a long job. I can start to wrestle with a problem or ask my self/Source about something, I've even had a vision when I was upset, and kept asking why why why, then let go and go zenmind, connected to water, doing dishes, mindlessly, and stepped right into a vision that showed 2 timelines.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by arpgme

But hey, if the great masters were silent about their wisdom they wouldn't have inspired me to change my mind to where i am now, and to where i am heading.

Maybe I didn't explain myself well. I'm not saying be silent and never speak. I'm saying let your actions and words arise for a silent mind. When you do this, it is inspiration.

reply to post by arpgme

Silence is great but i like to talk too, this forum is good for both.

I noticed that when I don't get angry, or hateful, people seem to listen to what I actually say. When people talk on this forum, the process will be making sure I understand the information, and then replying from a clear silent mind through inspiration.

reply to post by arpgme

Its this balance between sending and getting that i want to achieve.

There is a difference between "getting/taking" and "receiving" (from the arms of life or another person).

If you want balance, you can just let life carry you, it already has perfect balance. Nothing needs to be "achieve", all you have to do is relax into it.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Alright sir, you have my full and undivided attention.

Receiving eh? Is stealing a form of receiving? What about receiving a bribe? What about receiving punishment? These are forms of receiving and they should be at least discussed before swept under a carpet.

Giving? I could give someone an insult or I could give them poison. I could give the answer they weren't looking for.

Life isn't giving and receiving. Society is.

– LesMisanthrope

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Maybe that relaxing and letting it go is in itself an achievement.

I think there is something to achieve otherwise we wouldn't be living, even if it is finding what was always here but we didn't see it.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

What you are talking about is the use of energy. Like everything there is positive receiving and positive giving and there is negative receiving and negative giving.

If i send rage and hate, i give negative energy. If i give love, peace and justice i give good energy.
With receiving is the same, if you get what is given its ok, but if you get what you shouldn't get, then you are using your receptive pole in a negative way. You can receive hate and rage and transmute it to love and affection.

One thing i didn't speak of is the importance of transmuting energy in a way that no matter the energy you receive, good or bad, you manage it and you send only good energy back but this is hard to accomplish all the time.

We have to learn how to make good use of energy, giving or receiving.

Maybe i should have explored this questions, but good point thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I liked that, thanks for sharing.

I especially like - the sun the giver, the moon the receiver, great analogy.

I don't know if I agree with men being the giver though... I think women are the givers and men the receivers.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

lol

Maybe!

I think what really matters is that we all have male and female poles in us.
And we are learning to use them well.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I have a problem with the old concept of masculinity being giving, and femininity being receptive. I completely understand how people saw the phallus and the sperm as being the seed and spark of life, thus making the male the giver, but the reality is that while the feminine does receive the seed, it is the egg, and the woman, which gives life; not the sperm or phallus.

I also don't agree with the sun being masculine, or the moon feminine; as in ancient cultures both were most commonly masculine (Egypt, Mesopotamia, Anatolia, and the Levant) it's not until the Greco-Roman cults that the sun becomes exclusively male and the moon exclusively female. However, even immediately afterward, the Celts have exclusively feminine solar and lunar worship until Greco-Roman influences promote solar gods.

All of this aside though, I do support the idea of dualism needing to be accepted, understood, and balanced. People need to be open to the reality of the world around them, and willing to cast of preconceived, yet untrue, notions like the idea of solar and lunar having polarities. I have taken the time to receive the words you've written, and given my appreciation for certain aspects of your thread. I hope you, in turn, will be open to receiving the knowledge I have given in this reply.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 26/7/12 by Wandering Scribe because: Spelling mistakes

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I have a problem with the old concept of masculinity being giving, and femininity being receptive. I completely understand how people saw the phallus and the sperm as being the seed and spark of life, thus making the male the giver, but the reality is that while the feminine does receive the seed, it is the egg, and the woman, which gives life; not the sperm or phallus.

I also don't agree with the sun being masculine, or the moon feminine; as in ancient cultures both were most commonly masculine (Egypt, Mesopotamia, Anatolia, and the Levant) it's not until the Greco-Roman cults that the sun becomes exclusively male and the moon exclusively female. However, even immediately afterward, the Celts have exclusively feminine solar and lunar worship until Greco-Roman influences promote solar gods.

All of this aside though, I do support the idea of dualism needing to be accepted, understood, and balanced. People need to be open to the reality of the world around them, and willing to cast of preconceived, yet untrue, notions like the idea of solar and lunar having polarities. I have taken the time to receive the words you've written, and given my appreciation for certain aspects of your thread. I hope you, in turn, will be open to receiving the knowledge I have given in this reply.

~ Wandering Scribe

We all know that female and male are two sides of the energy, one positive, the other negative. But all people, men and women have both poles, male and female. There are men with a dominant female energy and women with dominant male energy.

It doesn't have to do with gender.

As for astrology its what it is, you may not agree but its like that, moon and cancer are female, passive, negative, sun and leo are male, active and positive.

And there is more, mars and aries is active, male, positive, venus and taurus is passive, female, negative.
Jupiter and sagitarius is male, positive, active, saturn and capricorn is passive, female, negative.

Altough a lot of people say that saturn is both female and male...

But astrology is full of duality, and the trick is always the same, master both sides of the energy.

Light is manifested in many colors, we have to master them all.

new topics

top topics

join