It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage. I am honestly confused

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by poloblack

I agree with you there. There was a man in Kansas a years ago who was arrested (and charged) for poaching when he did not have money to feed his family so decided to hunt for a deer instead of going on welfare!

When it hit the papers everyone pitched in to help the man, which was very nice, people donated their deer that year, as well as money for legal fees for the man.

the whole incident was very sad.
edit on 4-9-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)
And that's the kind of thing I'm talking about OpiniatedB.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I agree with you there. There was a man in Kansas a years ago who was arrested (and charged) for poaching when he did not have money to feed his family so decided to hunt for a deer instead of going on welfare!

When it hit the papers everyone pitched in to help the man, which was very nice, people donated their deer that year, as well as money for legal fees for the man.

the whole incident was very sad.

Was the deer on his property? Was he following laws of seasonal hunting (not killing during mating/birth season).

Wild life laws apply to everyone. There is a valid reason for these laws.

You don't break laws - - just because you for some reason think you have some moral right to.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

you would appreciate Neno's posts in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by poloblack

It's mind-boggling how easily people just accept things. Normally, you need a license to get permission to do something. I've yet to understand why would I need permission via a license to get married, or to fish and hunt for food.

That is a completely different discussion then Equal Rights for all consenting adults to Legally marry.

As far as fishing/hunting licenses - - - they are the #1 source of funding for wildlife conservation. How much do you donate voluntarily out of pocket?
I can respect your post, but it doesn't matter what I donate to ''wildlife conservation''. And I respectfully disagree with your funding statistics. I still stand firm in my belief that I shouldn't have to ask permission to hunt FOR FOOD, or fish. OR get married...to stay on topic OP.

Odd response.

Whether I donate out of pocket has no bearing - - - I support Licensing. I would never hunt or fish without tags. They have a purpose.

Native Americans do not have to have permission or licenses to hunt for food or fish.

Equal Rights for all consenting adults to marry - - is about how laws stand right now. Which is a Government License.

The argument of a license is a different subject.

I agree that they have a purpose...and that purpose is to get every dime they can for something that anyone should be able to do without their permission. But hey, that's just me.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

He hunted during hunting season. He just did not have a deer tag because he could not afford one, and was only hunting because he had lost his job and needed to provide food for his family!

I see no harm in such things!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

He hunted during hunting season. He just did not have a deer tag because he could not afford one, and was only hunting because he had lost his job and needed to provide food for his family!

I see no harm in such things!

Do you hunt? Do you fully understand how much wildlife conservation costs and entails? Its a good subject to research.

I have a major problem with "self entitlement" - - - that you are excused from laws/regulations - - - because you find yourself in a situation of distress. It is NEVER about ONE person. What if everyone decided they had the right to break laws/regulations for their personal need?

The population of Kansas is 2,871,238 . What if everyone of them decided they could just go out and hunt food for their family?

Yeah it sucks to have to admit you need government help. But the help is there. For the last 4 years we've been getting food donations from various organizations. You don't have to break laws. You might have to swallow your pride - - - but you don't have to break laws.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I agree that they have a purpose...and that purpose is to get every dime they can for something that anyone should be able to do without their permission. But hey, that's just me.

Obviously - - you don't venture far beyond your own back porch.

Back to Equal Rights of consenting adults. Equal Rights is as laws stand Right Now.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

actually I do hunt. But I think the government is taking way too much oversight into things that are only ploys for money. I realize conservation costs money... but before we had conservation departments we seem to have done just fine!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

actually I do hunt. But I think the government is taking way too much oversight into things that are only ploys for money. I realize conservation costs money... but before we had conservation departments we seem to have done just fine!

What year did Conservation departments start?

What is the increase in population and loss of habitat?

You have to look at the bigger picture.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

This should never interfere with people who simply want to eat!

In this country with such abundance people should be able to be self sufficient, not arrested for trying to be. We should not have to stand in a line to become a number to the government and get government handouts...

all of what the government is doing is to track and control us! It has little to do with anything else!

Want to build a shed on your own property? Need a permit, which of course costs money.

Want to eat meat you hunted yourself? Got to get tags. (again, money)

Want to live according to your religion with someone of the opposite sex? It is the law you have to get a license! (costs money!)

This is government control of our lives!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by OpinionatedB

It's not a religious matter, anymore, if it used to be. It's a legal process. When you want a divorce, where do you file for one? A church? Nope! A court house! Yep!

These days people can be married in a drive thru! Talk about holy! ha ha ha

Divorce rate is at or worse than 50%! Talk about holy! Whew! All those sacred unions!

The bible is the most perverted hypocritical thing known to man, written to be vague and to divide people and oppress women. For all you know, there are two god figures: one man, one female, each sharing power. Oh, that can't be true, though, because that wasn't what you were told. Of course. Maybe god is a female lesbian with a gay brother who co-rules. You wouldn't know.

People who talk about god(s) are just making a fool of themselves. Nobody can prove anything. Even if you saw the most awesome display of power, you couldn't say it was the grandest of all. Even if you yourself felt immensely powerful and above all, could there not be something else that one day proves you wrong? The concept of god(s) relies on definitions, which we conveniently create to suit our personal agendas.

End of story.

So much hate for the Lord these days, as prophesied. The Lord still loves you, brother.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

you would appreciate Neno's posts in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

YOU WERE RIGHT!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Let's just rape all natural resources.

We have an overpopulated country. You can't just let everyone run amuck and do what they want.

This is not the old west anymore.

EVERYONE has to follow the rules/regulations in a society. You can not allow "special privilege" because someone did not plan ahead for personal disaster. It just doesn't work that way.

edit on 4-9-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

This is a legitamite question, seeking legitamite discourse on the topic.

Marriage is a religious institution. Something in ancient times that was a bond created before peoples God. God was the one who said (according to religions) what marriage is, and what marriage is not, what the duties of the couples were to one another, and in marrying, they agree with God that they will follow His laws in their marriage.

No religion can claim ownership of marriage. None.

Marriage was not invented by your God. Before all of the modern day religions there were Pagan ceremonies where two people were joined together, without any Christian concept of God. And there were probably similar methods of union before the Pagans too.

The biggest problem we have in the understanding of this whole mess is that Christians have been deluded into thinking that their brand of religion owns the concept of marriage. It doesn't, it never has, Christians have ZERO right to dictate what marriage means to other Humans.

That is the fundamental fact of the matter. Christians think they own the concept of marriage and can therefore dictate how it is used. They're wrong, and this will become more and more apparent as more and more people stand up to claim this right of union back from the people who stole it and claim it as theirs!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Want to eat meat you hunted yourself? Got to get tags. (again, money)

So?

And that money protects habitats.

Pays for evaluating game for disease.

Pays to test waterways to make sure fish is edible.

You HAVE to be realistic. Not emotionally sympathetic.

NO MORE COMMENTS ON HUNTING.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD: Gay Marriage. I am honestly confused

I really do try to stay on subject - - - but get swayed responding to posts that are off subject.

Legal Marriage (which is the subject) is about Equal Rights for all consenting adults - - regardless of gender.

As laws stand Right Now.

If someone things those laws are wrong - - that is a different subject.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Let's just rape all natural resources.

We have an overpopulated country. You can't just let everyone run amuck and do what they want.

This is not the old west anymore.

EVERYONE has to follow the rules/regulations in a society. You can not allow "special privilege" because someone did not plan ahead for personal disaster. It just doesn't work that way.

That's the thing...only the ''little people'' have to follow ''regulations''. You must know who's REALLY raping all natural resources, as it's no secret. The country is not overpopulated, don't buy into the globalist agenda. Depopulation, anyone? There's plenty of untapped land in this country, so the overpopulation thing doesn't fly. It's overpopulated in urban areas, sure, but there's plenty of room left. Another overpopulation is the overpopulation of self sufficient people. TPTB don't want the majority of Americans to be able to rely on hunting, or basic survival skills. Makes things easier for them. Sorry OpinionatedB...not trying to derail your thread.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Not a problem. This thread ended and was resolved a month ago.

The topic is simply what anyone wants to speak on now!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

That's the thing...only the ''little people'' have to follow ''regulations''.

Life is about choices.

If you are not happy with your status in life - - change it.

If you can't afford a family - - - don't have one.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

That's the thing...only the ''little people'' have to follow ''regulations''.

Life is about choices.

If you are not happy with your status in life - - change it.

If you can't afford a family - - - don't have one.

Life isn't just about choices, because there are times when one is more powerful than you are, and has the resources, and the might to impose their will upon you, and that's a fact. And actually, I'm pretty cool with my status in life, thanks for the suggestion though. And your last statement...it's sad that you would feel that way about people who worked years for companies, only to get laid off. They could afford their families during better times, I guess they should've held out on that little family huh?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

you never know what will happen in your life! You dont know what day you will end up in a wheelchair, or out of a job because you were laid off or a multitude of other things! Things happen that are not always within your control.

Most people dont hunt, or fish... actually the ones who do are so few that there is really no danger of over fishing or over hunting because your average American thinks meat comes in a package and would never in a million years gut something!

But when one of those individual hunters or fishers has a problem, they shouldnt have to either rely on the government for their sustenance or pay the government to eat what they killed and cleaned with their own two hands!

So dont say if you cant afford a family dont have one! You simply never know, and I pray you never have to find out!

over hunting and over fishing is only a problem with commercial hunting and fishing, not unique individuals who like wild game, and enjoy the work involved! It is they who best know, understand, and have the necessary skills for conservation in this country!

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join