It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage. I am honestly confused

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

I am sorry for the direction this thread took. I am glad you stepped in to grace us with your presense however.

And thank you as well PC, and I hope you have a great night.

To everyone else, freinds and possible foes alike, I apologize for any offense. Sincerly I do, from the bottom of my heart. Offending anyone was not my intent, only understanding, which I do believe I gained more of. So I thank all for putting up with my hang ups for a while! I apologize once more.

Z

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by LadyJae

I am sorry for the direction this thread took. I am glad you stepped in to grace us with your presense however.

How is the fight for the Right of Gays to have Legal marriage - - - passive in any way shape or form.

Grace? This is a thread about Equality for a hated minority group.

I'm sorry - - - but let's be real.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am sorry, but in that comment you quoted I was speaking to a very respectable Lady. I treat her such, because her actions show she deserves it.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I am sorry, but in that comment you quoted I was speaking to a very respectable Lady. I treat her such, because her actions show she deserves it.

I really do appreciate kind loving nice people. Like yourself - for instance.

But when they enter a thread like this - - - and get offended - - - well that's ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

She was never once offended. She simply was above arguing. She stated clearly her intent was to discuss and not argue, but no one was willing to simply discuss with her, so she left to find a nice discussion elsewhere.

Good night to you Annee.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

She was never once offended. She simply was above arguing. She stated clearly her intent was to discuss and not argue, but no one was willing to simply discuss with her, so she left to find a nice discussion elsewhere.

Good night to you Annee.

Do I argue? Do I complain about it?

In a way her "niceness" is a put down to others. As if she feels she is above others here having strong opinions and reactions.

IMO - - It is not the way anyone should behave in this type thread.

Just my opinion. No more will be said on this from me.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

This has been a "heated" debate at times....but I learned a few things, and gathered some insights...so I would say this was a successful thread.....

Certainly different then some of the "feel good" threads we have shared in recently...but I think because of sharing in the lighter hearted threads it helped to maintain a level of respect in this thread, which is clearly an "emotionally" charged topic......

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by OpinionatedB

This has been a "heated" debate at times....but I learned a few things, and gathered some insights...so I would say this was a successful thread.....

I agree.

I think part of it is the sincerity of the OP - - - and honest quest to learn.

The OP intelligently set the tone - - - and for the most part it has held.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is such a sad sad story. Why should anyone need to feel this way? Why must he live in denial?

Sexual brokenness? That is just sad

Evangelical author Jonathan Merritt reveals he had homosexual encounter
By Adelle M. Banks

Prominent evangelical author Jonathan Merritt has revealed in an online interview that he had an encounter with another man that “went beyond the bounds of friendship.”Merritt said the blogger contacted him in 2009 after he wrote an article saying “Christians must love people who experience sexual brokenness.” He met the blogger for dinner when he was traveling nearby. “As we were saying goodbye, we had physical contact that went beyond the bounds of friendship,” Merritt said. The two never met again and stopped corresponding “after a period of time,” Merritt added. Merritt said the blogger contacted him in 2009 after he wrote an article saying “Christians must love people who experience sexual brokenness.” He met the blogger for dinner when he was traveling nearby. Merritt said in the interview that he had plans to reveal his past, but the blogger prompted him to disclose it sooner. He also said that he does not consider himself gay. www.washingtonpost.com... ml

EDIT: this is the correct link. I don't know why it doesn't seem to work: www.washingtonpost.com... ml

edit on 30-7-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

This is a legitamite question, seeking legitamite discourse on the topic.

Marriage is a religious institution.

Marriage stopped being a religious institution when the government started giving benefits for it, where do most people go to get married now? A courthouse. Why do most people get married? To have the social status of being married and the benefits that go along with it. To say marriage is completely religious then it would have to be so and the government wouldn't be able to have any part in it, BUT since the government is involved in marriage I don't see how it's constitutional in any way or form to tell 2 consenting adults that they can enter into a legal contract with the government while denying the other 2 consenting adults the same freedom. If the worlds religions don't want gay's to marry then strip all benefits from married couples and make it strictly religions, you can't have it both ways.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

You have me convinced.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

Yeah, you might pull up a chair, but the question remains - would you buy tickets?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Depends. How much? I'm a lady on a budget

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Well, it's a novel idea, and I've not put much thought into price, but if there's money involved, it might be a go. I think 10 quid a head might do - if we could draw a big enough crowd!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Well, it's a novel idea, and I've not put much thought into price, but if there's money involved, it might be a go. I think 10 quid a head might do - if we could draw a big enough crowd!

A tenner? Bargain. I'm in!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join