It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage. I am honestly confused

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Annee

I didn't say it did. The belief in the Mark Of Caine having black is skin is older than the Civil War.

And you've been accused of insulting and berating anybody who doesn't agree with you on homosexual. You and other posters have berated other posters for disagreeing with some things about homosexuals. Everytime somebody has been critical of homosexuals in any way, regardless if it had anything to do with homosexual marriage or not, will bash them and call them bigots.

The message is clear.

You guys believe that homosexuals have to be completely accepted in society and can do no wrong no matter what.

Which is a far cry from homosexual marriage.

The do have to be completely accepted in society as much as any other group of people or individual people are. They do wrong and they do right just as each and every other person in this world does. Their love for someone of the same gender is NOT something that's harmful. If you want to hate an individual homosexual for something he or she has done, go for it. If they wear the buttless chaps in public in front of children, hate them, if they rob a bank, hate them, if they kill someone, hate them,.... but don't hate them just because they want to spend their life with someone of the same gender.
that's what the issue is. Big deal, two guys or two ladies want to be together, love each other, work every day, raise a family, pay taxes, let them. Don't hate them for THAT, if you're going to hate them, hate them for something they choose to do, not what they are born to be.

And just so it is well known...... I side with Annee 99.99% of the time!

She's a remarkable lady!

edit on 29-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

reply to post by PurpleChiten

Is that banananananana flavored? I like bananananana

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You don't have to call people names, there are other ways of attacking them, such as calling them insecure when you have no call to.

link   

This is a highly charged and emotional topic. But in the end, we can all agree to disagree about some things, and still walk away with a respect for one another. This is the beauty of being an adult, rather than a child. And I must say, most of us are adults here.

I like all the people you mentioned, and hold no animosity toward anyone, even if I do not always understand where they are coming from.... but that stems from a different background, and a different way of being raised, as well as different experiences in life.

Through discussion, we all learn one from another, and I have learned a great deal. For me, it was a lot to learn, and I admitted that my head was spinning with all this! Lol.... but I am learning, and will continue to learn and gain more understanding as time goes on.

As will, hopefully, we all.

Please do not leave the discussion, although I know how much you dislike disagreement.... You are a good voice for the Christian community, and can speak to other christians in this manner.

My love and deep respect for you brother.

link   

Originally posted by Annee
Originally posted by LadyJae

Besides - - I think it says dark skin - - not black skin.

I was speaking to your words:

You want to replace homosexuality with blacks. Perhaps you support the Curse of Ham - - that people with dark skin are cursed by god and shall be slaves.

Its from the bible - ya know.

It WAS used to justify slavery of blacks.

Nitpicking - - - interpretation is not relevant.

Interpretation is very important, Annee. Misinterpretation leads to incorrect application of the passages. We've all seen the results of that.

Nowhere does the passage that you posted state what the curse on Ham is. I no more believe that the color of one's skin is a curse than I believe I can fly.

We are individuals for a reason. That is as it should be. No one person is above another. No one group of people is above another. We are all equal and entitled to the same rights and privileges.

J
edit on 7/29/2012 by LadyJae because: another typo

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Shew, it sure is rough when all these people I really like are at odds with each other

Annee is my absolute favorite, the first person I met here at ATS, then OpinionatedB and MountainLaurel and LadyJae are very special as well, and Neno and Beezzer are my buddies from the other side of the political spectrum and I've always gotten along great with EvilSaddamClone and just gettin to know Nixie_Nox...and MidnightTide and TKDRL and Spiram have been involved in a lot of good conversations with me and RealSpoke is someone I almost always agree wtih and of course I consider ToTheTenth as one of my buddies....Then Domo and BenevolentHeretic and Detached and Kaylaluv and a bunch of others earlier in the thread.... I don't like seeing my "friends" disagree so much so I may bail out of this thread just so I don't watch so many people I like arguing about this stuff

PC, my friend, I didn't realize we were supposed to be arguing. If that is what we are doing, I shall take my leave also.

J

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

And you've been accused of insulting and berating anybody who doesn't agree with you on homosexual. .

Show me.

Its a subject I became very involved with 20+ years ago. I research it - - I read everything I can on this subject.

I make statements from the knowledge I've acquired.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

This is a highly charged and emotional topic. But in the end, we can all agree to disagree about some things, and still walk away with a respect for one another. This is the beauty of being an adult, rather than a child. And I must say, most of us are adults here.

I like all the people you mentioned, and hold no animosity toward anyone, even if I do not always understand where they are coming from.... but that stems from a different background, and a different way of being raised, as well as different experiences in life.

Through discussion, we all learn one from another, and I have learned a great deal. For me, it was a lot to learn, and I admitted that my head was spinning with all this! Lol.... but I am learning, and will continue to learn and gain more understanding as time goes on.

As will, hopefully, we all.

Please do not leave the discussion, although I know how much you dislike disagreement.... You are a good voice for the Christian community, and can speak to other christians in this manner.

My love and deep respect for you brother.

As long as everybody keeps it as an adult discussion and not get attackful, it's fine. I just hate seeing my "friends" be angry with one another as opposed to just discussing and stating their side as well as respecting the other side even if they disagree. We need to state what the opposing view is without being attackful or accusing someone else of being attackful if they really weren't. That's the key to adult discourse

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Interpretation is very important, Annee. Misinterpretation leads to incorrect application of the passages.

Exactly the same as misinterpretations on homosexuality.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Shew, it sure is rough when all these people I really like are at odds with each other

Annee is my absolute favorite, the first person I met here at ATS, then OpinionatedB and MountainLaurel and LadyJae are very special as well, and Neno and Beezzer are my buddies from the other side of the political spectrum and I've always gotten along great with EvilSaddamClone and just gettin to know Nixie_Nox...and MidnightTide and TKDRL and Spiram have been involved in a lot of good conversations with me and RealSpoke is someone I almost always agree wtih and of course I consider ToTheTenth as one of my buddies....Then Domo and BenevolentHeretic and Detached and Kaylaluv and a bunch of others earlier in the thread.... I don't like seeing my "friends" disagree so much so I may bail out of this thread just so I don't watch so many people I like arguing about this stuff

PC, my friend, I didn't realize we were supposed to be arguing. If that is what we are doing, I shall take my leave also.

J

well, not really arguing I suppose, just a little tense at times.... I'm all for fellowship and calm discussion I guess and I get very protective of the lady friends I have.... and it's the ladies who are disagreeing so it's rough on me!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

You are very correct, and I, as well as any others who forgot that, do sincerely apologize to one another (or at least I apologize to all who I may have offended!) and also to you my freind.

My love.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Actually, no, they don't have to be completely accepted. Remember, acceptance is a different thing than tolerance. plenty of people confuse the two.

And if it was just about being tolerated, they'd stop targeting groups such as the BSA, and recognize that private groups do not have to allow them in.

Tolerance is a two street too, you know.

But often or not, those who demand tolerance are often intolerant of ofter groups and people, such as being intolerant of Christians, especially when many mean them no harm.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

S'ok, man. We're not cutting throats or anything. Differences of opinion are what makes the world go 'round. If we were all of the same opinion, most of us would be redundant, and therefore unnecessary.. Annee in particular is dear to my heart - she's a lot closer to being me than she will ever admit. We're both recovering Republicans from way back!

It's not going to keep us from dukeing it out, though!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Actually, no, they don't have to be completely accepted. Remember, acceptance is a different thing than tolerance.

Accept Equal Rights

Tolerate Equal Rights

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Actually, no, they don't have to be completely accepted. Remember, acceptance is a different thing than tolerance. plenty of people confuse the two.

And if it was just about being tolerated, they'd stop targeting groups such as the BSA, and recognize that private groups do not have to allow them in.

Tolerance is a two street too, you know.

But often or not, those who demand tolerance are often intolerant of ofter groups and people, such as being intolerant of Christians, especially when many mean them no harm.

That depends on many things. Emotional harm is still harm....and is sometime much more difficult to overcome.
People can dislike anyone they want, but they don't need to speak out about it, scream and shout about it and teach their children to hate and sing horrible, horrible songs about it in church pulpits, especially when that child himself may grow up and realize that he's gay after being brought up wtih all the hatred

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Other then your own insecurity - - - I see no real logical reason against multiple marriage.

That's a personal attack.

And you do use plenty of phrases like that in some of your posts.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

. . . .such as calling them insecure when you have no call to.

LOL

Is that in reference to the post you made about multiple marriages - - - where you stated men like Schwarzenegger would get all the women - - - and the average man would be left out?

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

S'ok, man. We're not cutting throats or anything. Differences of opinion are what makes the world go 'round. If we were all of the same opinion, most of us would be redundant, and therefore unnecessary.. Annee in particular is dear to my heart - she's a lot closer to being me than she will ever admit. We're both recovering Republicans from way back!

It's not going to keep us from dukeing it out, though!

Well, you know I've got an extreme "internet crush" on Ms Annee!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Yeah, but most people don't give a damn about emotional harm.

For example, many people believe that you can't hit someone if they're verbally antagonizing you all to hell, because violence is never a reason. You have to sit there and take it and can't defend yourself in any way, or you're the jerk and monster.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Other then your own insecurity - - - I see no real logical reason against multiple marriage.

That's a personal attack.

And you do use plenty of phrases like that in some of your posts.

Post what you said - - that I responded to.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join