It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Gay Marriage. I am honestly confused

page: 42
19
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

And would you not think there is more at stake here than winning a debate? Therefore, interjecting humour to ease tension here and there is positive for everyone, that way actual learning gets done.


What exactly am I discussing in this thread?

I have made it clear my position is: Equal Rights. There is no God in the government contract of LEGAL GOVERNMENT MARRIAGE.

I'm sure homosexuals who want the Equal Right of Legal Government Marriage - - are not laughing.




posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Annee
 


Do you know why I have not spoken to you in this discussion? Quite frankly because you do not discuss.... you are too angry to discuss....



Discuss Equal Rights because of a personal God Belief?

Are you serious?



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


whether you want it to or not, belief, whether it be religiously based or scientific, comes into play when people decide a matter. And in this case it is all about belief, whether or not this is deviant or not, what kind of doors it may open in the future for others who society at large sees as sexually deviant, what kind of doors it closes for children in the future, and how it will effect society.

Neno is for gay marriage, he does not agree with homosexuality, but he would never vote against it. But you hate him, in every word you and others speak to him it shows.... he wont vote against it, but you hate him for believing it to not be a natural state... in other words, you want to argue with him continually, or say stupid things such as please do not speak to me again... when he is speaking FOR your cause.

This leads people to believe it will never be enough for us to say you can have equal rights, but you wish to police our thinking, and make our very thoughts the center of the debate. This is detrimental to what it is you are asking for, because the second people are told their very thoughts must change, not just how they vote, is going to make them not want to vote for the things you are asking....even if that would be wrong to do.

So no, emotion does not help even one bit.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Annee
 


whether you want it to or not, belief, whether it be religiously based or scientific, comes into play when people decide a matter. And in this case it is all about belief, whether or not this is deviant or not, what kind of doors it may open in the future for others who society at large sees as sexually deviant, what kind of doors it closes for children in the future, and how it will effect society.


First of all - - do not bring Neno up to me. I stopped reading his posts ages ago - - - because he makes no sense.

My understanding through REAL experience is not emotional. It is factual experience.

Religion is a personal choice - no problem. Until it interferes with the rights of others.

Deviant? According to who? Now you have crossed the line of Equal Rights - - - into personal belief.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pisssss
 



Why do you feel the need to rationalize ways to obstruct the logic in allowing gays to get married?


That's not what he's doing

I could argue that you're not taking him at his word - and also not really thinking about what he's saying

You can disagree with him as far as his politics go - and good luck with all that :-)

He's explained his position very well - and his explanation of his point of view in this thread is on topic

We're all here to talk about something very basic: how do we feel about gay marriage?

If we're going to ask the question - we should allow for the answers. Going one step further - maybe we should listen to the answers

Humor helps - always. Is there a way you can explain your point of view with dolphins?

:-)



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis


Humor helps - always. Is there a way you can explain your point of view with dolphins?

:-)


I'm sorry - - but humor did not help when my polio inflicted mom - - with a full length brace and 2 Kenny Sticks was refused admittance to a restaurant because it might disturb other patrons.

It was not humorous in any way - shape - or form. It was damn insulting.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


See, that is what I am talking about.... you literally hate a man who has the ability to convince those who do not agree with gay marriage to vote in favor of it. That is ignorant. And it seems more ignorant to me that you cannot understand him, when he speaks english very clearly. I understand him just fine.

Deviant, as in not normal or acceptable. Yes, if 5 - 10% of the population of the world goes against the natural behavior of the 90 to 95% of humans, it can easily be considered deviant.

— adj
1. deviating, as from what is considered acceptable behaviour

— n
2 a person whose behaviour, esp sexual behaviour, deviates from what is considered to be acceptable


Some people in this thread have mentioned peodophilia, and how, will they someday, as a result of deeming something not considered acceptable or normal which very few in a population either do, or see as acceptable or normal, be able to make a case for considering peodophilia to be legal later.

Once a precident is set, in this case a precident of unnatural behavior in human beings, then it opens a very wide door for others to come in... such as peodophiles. I would have to find it again, but I added it in a paper I wrote a few months back, there is a website, whose sole purpose is to convince you that it is acceptable to have sex with children.

To me it is sick, to them, they are trying to make a legal case for it.

So, according to you such a thing might be right? Or do you consider this deviant? If so, according to a peodophile, you simply do not understand such a natural thing!

So yes, you are going to find belief is a huge part of this topic, whether or not you like it.


After Edit:

I found the website hoping to convince people that peodopilia is normal and natural, warning; this site is not for anyone who is young!
www.nambla.org...
edit on 29-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

See, that is what I am talking about.... you literally hate a man who has the ability to convince those who do not agree with gay marriage to vote in favor of it. That is ignorant. And it seems more ignorant to me that you cannot understand him, when he speaks english very clearly. I understand him just fine.


What the hell are you talking about?

Where did I ever use the word Hate?

Considering I am at least one of three who have no interest in what Neno says - - - should indicate something.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


It indicates something alright, that the homosexual agenda is out to change our very thoughts!

You do not have to say hate in order to convey that emotion, it is all in how you speak.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

What exactly am I discussing in this thread?

I have made it clear my position is: Equal Rights. There is no God in the government contract of LEGAL GOVERNMENT MARRIAGE.

I'm sure homosexuals who want the Equal Right of Legal Government Marriage - - are not laughing.


Nor should they be. The entire point of that exchange for me was that they probably ought not to celebrate getting what they think they want after they get it - they shouldn't laugh then, either.

Careful what you wish for - you might just get it, and the bad comes right on in with the good.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

— adj
1. deviating, as from what is considered acceptable behaviour


Now that is humorous. And who exactly determines what is acceptable behavior? Your prophets?


Some people in this thread have mentioned peodophilia,


Pedophilia is its own orientation. The difference is Victim. Children as of law are not allowed to give consent.


. . . unnatural behavior in human beings, then it opens a very wide door for others to come in... such as peodophiles. I would have to find it again, but I added it in a paper I wrote a few months back, there is a website, whose sole purpose is to convince you that it is acceptable to have sex with children.


Sex with children is NOT acceptable - - because legally they can not give consent. PERIOD!

To equate consenting adult homosexuals with Pedophiles is complete ignorance.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Annee
 


It indicates something alright, that the homosexual agenda is out to change our very thoughts!



OMG - - - gays want Equal Rights. They want the right of consenting gay adults to have the same rights as consenting heterosexual adults.

Now that is just earth shattering.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


Read my edit to the post you are replying. Then come back and discuss normal, and in whose eyes.
edit on 29-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Annee
 


See, that is what I am talking about.... you literally hate a man who has the ability to convince those who do not agree with gay marriage to vote in favor of it. That is ignorant. And it seems more ignorant to me that you cannot understand him, when he speaks english very clearly. I understand him just fine.



Hey, I made you want to vomit, and you called my son a bastard. Pot? Kettle?


You're now making presumptions and assumptions about what two people may or may not do in the privacy of their own bed...and plenty of heterosexuals do some of those things too. It was perfectly acceptable for two men, and two women to express their love for each other long before the creation of your's or most anyone else's religion. If you think it is deviant, that is your problem, and perhaps you should simply let them live their lives and mind your own business instead of constantly seeking to name call everyone who deviates from what you consider 'normal'. That way, you might just find that that courtesy is reciprocated. Why even give it any thought if it troubles you so much? People are entitled to make their own choices, mistakes and whatever. If you're happy in yourself and who you are, why worry about it?

Seriously though, if you throw stones, don't be surprised if some people throw them back, nenothtu knows that, and while you may feel the need to defend him, I kind of think he likes to do that for himself. So let's leave the cat fight out of this.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin
 


My granddaughter is a bastard, and I have no problem with that, or with her... it seems you have a problem with calling things what they are in reality. I, on the other hand, do not.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

First of all - - do not bring Neno up to me. I stopped reading his posts ages ago - - - because he makes no sense.



Your obvious unreasoning anger gives the lie to your ability to determine whether my posts make sense or not. It clouds your ability to reason by covering it up with emotion.

For example, consider this: if you're not reading my posts, how in the hell could you possibly determine if they make sense or not?

Do not speak of making sense unless you can first make sense yourself.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Annee
 


Read my edit to the post you are replying. Then come back and discuss normal, and in whose eyes.


If you can't leave God out of Equal Rights by Law of consenting adults - - - - what is there to discuss?



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Biliverdin
 


My granddaughter is a bastard, and I have no problem with that, or with her... it seems you have a problem with calling things what they are in reality. I, on the other hand, do not.


I'm raising my now 4 year old grandson who's daddy died on Christmas Morning - - less then a month after he was born.

Come again with your Reality.

I would never call him a bastard.



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


I am leaving God out of it, at least out of my decision making, but because I am religious, my understanding of things is seen through those glasses, and probably always will be.

What is considered an adult varies from culture to culture, and society to society, so the term consenting adults, can be subjective by the way. The same as the word deviant.
edit on 29-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


Read the story in my signature, Coming Home....

I do not run around telling my granddaughter she is a bastard every day, but nor will I try to hide from her reality. And the reality is, her conception was not within a marriage. This does in fact give her the legal definition of a bastard child.



new topics

top topics



 
19
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

log in

join