It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage. I am honestly confused

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

Stop putting words in people's mouths. it's incredibly rude and disrespectful.

Here's a wiki for you about famous people who were OPENLY gay and which were confirmed to be gay:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

There were people who had their lives, their careers - everything - on the line. They made it possible for everyone who came after to keep working at it - and the changes keep coming

I read an interesting article (which I will never find now) about feminism - and how it was rough going in the beginning - and now young women have no idea of what all came before - they are accustomed to and take for granted a level of equality that simply didn't exist for those that came before them. The authors point is that we aren't at a point yet where we can afford to get comfortable and give up the struggle - but it's much more difficult to impress on the younger generations that there is still something to fight for

It applies to all situations - doesn't it?

It's not over 'til it's over - but it's still amazing to be able to compare each decade to the one that came before

edit on 7/28/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

Again true. I'm gay, and I'm 47 and I've always lived in a world where it's been relatively okay and I never really had to worry about it. But older gay people in their 50s and 60s often say, "You don't know what it was like." They also get annoyed with gays in their 20s who non-nonchalantly live their lives apparently oblivious of the hard work of others for them to do so. However, I DO think on the other hand, that at some point, someone does have to just sit back and enjoy their freedoms.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by rebellender

actually - I want to say something else

Did it ever occur to you that maybe every member of any group contributes to the success of the group - and ultimately to the continuing success of humanity?

We all contribute in so many different ways on so many different levels - it's not just about making babies - it's so much more than that

Life is not simple - and then it is so simple - all at once

Our survival is in the mix - it depends on all of us

Being Gay denies its very existence by virtue of its inability to propagate with its selected partners. Its inherently wrong by the laws of universal life.
Dip your wick where you wish!!! Its none of my business.

Lets take this further just for discussion. Lets say for sake of argument there is a very rich female dolphin down the street. She has been blinking at me with those big eyes and really making the moves on me. She is rich, has the job, has the insurance and all of it.
Why can't I marry her and in the privacy of our pool do what ever we want to?

Now what do you have to say about this hypothetical Scenario, then make it minors over 14yrs of age, promissory marriage of minors under 14, see, all of the sudden even your liberal box is very small.

Qualification:
I am a strait male and love to love adult women.
I do not violate animals
I lost my homophobia long ago.I have had several male friends who have also been gay. We have on occasion discussed the issues of spirituality in depth. With out failure the conversations finish with the inherent belief that they are somehow doing something wrong and believe that they will never as per their choices and actions see heaven.
edit on 28-7-2012 by rebellender because: fixed a redundant sentence structure

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

actually - I want to say something else

Did it ever occur to you that maybe every member of any group contributes to the success of the group - and ultimately to the continuing success of humanity?

We all contribute in so many different ways on so many different levels - it's not just about making babies - it's so much more than that

Life is not simple - and then it is so simple - all at once

Our survival is in the mix - it depends on all of us

Being Gay denies its very existence by virtue of its inability to propagate with its selected partners. Its inherently wrong by the laws of universal life.
Dip your wick where you wish!!! Its none of my business.

Lets take this further just for discussion. Lets say for sake of argument there is a very rich female dolphin down the street. She has been blinking at me with those big eyes and really making the moves on me. She is rich, has the job, has the insurance and all of it.

Now what do you have to say about this hypothetical Scenario, then make it minors over 14yrs of age, promissory marriage of minors under 14, see, all of the sudden even your liberal box is very small.

Qualification:
I am a strait male and love to love adult women.
I do not violate animals
I lost my homophobia long ago.I have had several male friends who have also been gay. We have on occasion discussed the issues of spirituality in depth. With out failure the conversations finish with the inherent belief that they are somehow doing something wrong and believe that they will never as per their choices and actions see heaven.
edit on 28-7-2012 by rebellender because: fixed a redundant sentence structure

Wow - this thread just keeps blowing my mind. And I'm beginning to realize that most of the anti-gay people on it are just WAAAAAY out there.

So let me see, in case ya didn't know: most gay people don't feel the way the ones you knew do. Which either means you live in some gated religious community, or in the woods and know three people in your entire social sphere.

Plus you quote something you're supposed to be responding to, and all you do is say the same thing you originally said, without once coming anywhere near dealing with the post that you're supposedly responding to.

This is making it much easier for me to write you off. Most of the anti gays in the thread are similar. I don't think I've ever followed one of these gay threads this far, and at first I was pissed at myself for doing so, but now it's proven to open my eyes to just how far out most of you REALLY ARE. I had always assumed such people had some kind of point that must make some kind of innate sense. But you don't. You're actually just clueless.

I really have learned something.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here is a bit of wisdom I managed decipher very early in life, as a child and pre teen, thinking deeply on the world around me.

We're not meant to all be hetereosexual, or blond, or right handed, or see things the same way. We are meant to solve the problems of our incorrect relationship errors here on earth, in order to graduate and play in the big league, in Eutopia's where dreams do come true. We are expected to not: force, badger, yell at, intimidate, cut off, diminish, imprison, attack physically, judge, or look down upon, other people.

We cannot and should not make anyone male or female, young or old, rich or poor, straight or gay, and even followers of ISMS (which are opinions like religions or politics) stand under us, no one is a slave to another.

This planet is all a test. Start to strive to understand everyone and stop controlling them.

We have the right to have our own freedoms respected, our own sovereign rights, whether we fit into majority populations or minority ones, and that means we have to stop allowing these unlawful legislations (ones that violate the constitution and/or common law) to exist, even if we're not the group being attacked by them, for even an attack on minority rights affects the whole freedoms.

We have the right to expect to be safe, not murdered, raped, or attacked, which also includes enslaved.

Homosexuals are just one more part of Earth Tests. Apply the above.

Marriage is not a religious institution. Its a human one. And one of our infinite inalienable rights. I don't stand under, the opinion of anyone or any religious/political personage who tries to enforce his opinion of that over me. He has not the right, for I am a sovereign and my opinion of marriage as a right stands firmly and will not budge under his.
edit on 28-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My motto is "Do what thou wilt at no harm to others shall be the whole of the law".

AUM HA!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

This is making it much easier for me to write you off. Most of the anti gays in the thread are similar.

tell me. who has the closed mind, me or you. why am I wrong to have my point of view and you are so so right?

I said what anybody else does it their business. I dont want to hear about it.

What would be the issues if Insurance and taxes were not in the equation.

I will tell you, strait up. an overwhelming amount that is a voting base says they dont see it your way.
That, my friend, makes you wrong. And for no other reason. It really is as simple as that.

Rights are defined by laws.....I sure as hell aint making your laws. I dont vote.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Do you really think that the great Creator of the Cosmos cares who or what you marry or if you marry at all? Do you think the Creator cares at all about your religion or any religion with all the dogma, arbitrary rules designed to control you and subjugate your consciousness. Belittling the Creator by thinking of her/him in such a myopic manner is truely blasphemy, you make a joke of the unimagineable greatness of our Creator. Just my humble opinion mind you, but maybe you need to rethink why you need this external organization (religion) to define your very personal relationship with the Creator that loves you so. My advice, can the religion and be spiritually self sufficient. Free yourself and help to free the planet.
edit on 28-7-2012 by HEYJOSE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
in this issue here on ATS aka Creative Writing Network, there is only one demographic which wont live and let live. Its not The Creator who has a problem.

subtract:
Insurance
Possessions
Political 11th hour Advantage
=
there is no issue at all
sad but true

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

This is making it much easier for me to write you off. Most of the anti gays in the thread are similar.

tell me. who has the closed mind, me or you. why am I wrong to have my point of view and you are so so right?

I said what anybody else does it their business. I dont want to hear about it.

What would be the issues if Insurance and taxes were not in the equation.

I will tell you, strait up. an overwhelming amount that is a voting base says they dont see it your way.
That, my friend, makes you wrong. And for no other reason. It really is as simple as that.

Rights are defined by laws.....I sure as hell aint making your laws. I dont vote.

Actually 51% of North America is FOR gays, 42% against, not sure about the other 7%.
Anyway, I never said I was SO right. I said that after reading enough of your words, I understand you better ,thus it's easier to write you off and pay no attention to you, which starts... NOW!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by Tramadolnights
I have some advice for you. Get help for your homosexuality then rejoin society as a normal human.

My being Bisexual has not removed me from society, in fact i am very much apart of it.

edit on 26-7-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

Apart of it, or a part of it? Sorry, but come on...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

because she's part of an an extremely well thought out fantasy - and not at all real?

laughing pretty hard on my side rebellender - tears - actual tears of laughter

thanks

:-)

P.S. and she has insurance too? I say go for it
edit on 7/28/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

because she's part of an an extremely well thought out fantasy - and not at all real?

laughing pretty hard on my side rebellender - tears - actual tears of laughter

thanks

:-)

I know, such an intelligent analogy, trying to compare a human and a human to a human and a dolphin.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

That two timing bitch! The dolphin blinked at me suggestively as well. She's got some splaining to do.......

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

I say go for it.... she sounds like quite the catch (no pun intended) and I think with her job and insurance and all of it.. you could be a house husband.
Just think.... days spent, cleaning the pool.... emptying the cans of tuna into nice pretty patterns for your wife.

I think you guys will be happy.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I DO think on the other hand, that at some point, someone does have to just sit back and enjoy their freedoms.

yeah - you're right

I guess that is the whole point :-)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

. . . . and the preacher called the middle aged couple up to the front of the church - - - with their child they waited so long for - - - and the congregation smiled - applauded - prayed - and said their Amens.

The minister thanked the Lord for the miracle of life - - - and the doctors who were able through IVF to give this God believing couple a child.

The husband's sperm count was too low. A blood relative donated his sperm - - so this devout couple could experience God's most valuable gift.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

There is nothing wrong with the sexual reproduction organs of most Homosexuals. They can reproduce with the opposite gender and have for a long time. But why should they in these times of modern miracles?

Why should they not have a child with their partner through IVF - - - exactly as many God believers do?

It is the ultimate of Hypocrisy - - - if you see any difference.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
My oh my.
A long thread.
So much back and forth.

In another thread I mentioned humility being a factor that is lacking here on ATS.

So in the spirit of MY posts (
)

If I offended in this arena, I apologise.
If I misconstrued the theme, then I was wrong.

This will be my last post (?) in this thread. It has been overall polite and a great learning experience.

In the words of Spock, "Live long and prosper."

beez

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thank you Beez, for your contribution, and your thoughts in this thread. You also gave me words of wisdom and helped me understand and also better accept (?) the concepts in this thread.

The Mercedes was quite helpful

You are a good person, and a respectable one.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Thank you ma'am. I was glad to contribute. I learned from this thread. I hope others can take away something positive also.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join