It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage. I am honestly confused

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by beezzer

what do you mean?

Are you saying having social morals is wrong? or having religious morals is wrong? I am unclear on the question.
edit on 27-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Not at all. Religion defines and shapes our morals.

But as it was pointed out, people have their own moral interpretations (because they have different religious interpretations).

Where do we draw the line "legally"?

Personal note; I'm episcopalian. Recently, my faith started performing gay wedding ceremonies. So my choice was to either a) adjust my personal beliefs so that they would conform to my church, or b) find a different church (catholic)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Tell me why nature would want you around if you are not procreating. (hint: you're the one who said nature didn't like non-procreators.)
edit on 27-7-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

You're just not comprehending the whole evolution scenario, are you?

Procreators propagate, non-procreators don't. That's the way nature runs. nature doesn't stands around with a black cowl and a huge sickle, and suddenly say "nope, your not of any use any more, so you're done for."

Non-procreators just end, They pass nothing on, and that's a good thing - it's the whole basis for natural selection.Doesn't mean they reach a magic age of execution.

And YOU'VE never been through menopause, have you? When women go through menopause, they start aging very rapidly.

In addition, estradiol plays a key role in the neurobiology of aging, because endocrine and neural senescence overlap in time and are mechanistically intertwined in complex feedback loops. This aspect of aging is fundamental for humans, because all women will experience a dramatic drop in circulating estrogens if they live long enough to reach the menopause transition.

www.jneurosci.org...

After menopause, there is an increase in pro-inflammatory serum markers (IL1, IL6, TNF-alpha), an increase in response of the immune blood cells to these cytokines, a decrease in CD4 T and B lymphocytes and a decrease in the cytotoxic activity of NK cells. Additionally, IL-6 is a key factor in bone resorption and also seems to be associated with other diseases more common after menopause such as diabetes, atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease.

www.bioportfolio.com...

You don't think that's nature taking its course? Luckily we can now prolong the lifespan long after menopause with good diet, healthy living, and hormone therapy. The hormone therapy is "cheating" by tricking the body into thinking you're still fertile (estrogen production), even though you're not. By the way, women who go through menopause later than average tend to have longer life spans.

Fertility, menopause, estrogen, aging - it's all connected, buddy. It's nature's little time bomb. As you age, you no longer become fertile. When you are no longer fertile, you're on your way downhill to death.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

And YOU'VE never been through menopause, have you? When women go through menopause, they start aging very rapidly.

No, but my wife did. It was cancer that killed her, though, not old age. She went through the hormone therapy, but it didn't add a a day to her life span.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am going to be honest.... I do not know.... but I think we have to have something....

I want to protect children from this.... how will they grow? to think it is ok to worry if you will accidently someday marry to your sister?

This makes no sense

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

o.O
How the hell do you accidently marry your sister?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

o.O

I mean out of nowhere - didn't see that coming, didja?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by beezzer

I am going to be honest.... I do not know.... but I think we have to have something....

I want to protect children from this.... how will they grow? to think it is ok to worry if you will accidently someday marry to your sister?

This makes no sense

It's a parents responsibility to raise their children well. Luckily, parents have the freedom to raise them as they see fit.
We cannot control what goes on outside the home. We cannot dictate to other parents. (imagine them trying to tell you how to raise your children!)

The best we can hope for, is to have faith.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

If people ate properly, they would have zero use for those drugs, like hormones. My grandmother just turned 92, no hormones or drugs, just good eating. Real food, made from scratch, not processed, chemical soup, like what most "food" is these days. Veggies from the garden, most meat from hunting. The beef we get is through a local guy, not cornfed, fed what cows are meant to eat. I think eating proper has the most impact really. Harder and harder to eat proper, with frankenfoods, and the chemicals added to most grocery brought foods.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

By not knowing your parentage

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

That would come down to our own personal choices and sense of responsibility, rather than a legal edict or someone else's choices. If WE, ourselves, don't create the potential for our kids to unknowingly marry their siblings (as recently happened for real, believe it or not), then it's not something our kids will have to worry about. Gay marriage, straight marriage, or any other marriage or not-marriage that doesn't involve us won't involve them. The potential is there for sperm donors and surrogates to create that horrific scenario, but if we don't engage in those things, OUR kids won't have to worry themselves over the possibility.

Other folks can throw their own kids to the wolves if they like - we have no say in it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

damn though... thats so harsh... it really is.... but I see your point too....

it just makes you want to protect them ya know?... but your right....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

o.O

Sperm donors and surrogate parents, and to a lesser extent adoption. The kids may never know where that DNA came from, but these are methods gays use to "bear children".

edit on 2012/7/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

No, but my wife did. It was cancer that killed her, though, not old age. She went through the hormone therapy, but it didn't add a a day to her life span.

That's too bad. My grandmother had a hysterectomy at 44, went on hormone therapy, and is still here at 93 (living much longer than any of her female relatives who didn't have hormone therapy).

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Oedipus married his mother without knowing, so it's possible, and not a new idea.

Basically, you marry her without know she's your sister.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Possible, but likely? I guess I am a lucky bastard. Lucky enough to know my mother and father, and both sets of grandparents..... And both my sisters.
edit on Fri, 27 Jul 2012 23:49:24 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

o.O

Sperm donors and surrogate parents, and to a lesser extent adoption. The kids may never know where that DNA came from, but these are methods gays use to "bear children".

Oh for goodness sakes, barren straight couples use these methods too. So we should outlaw adoption? What's to stop an orphan from marrying their unknown sibling if they happen to have grown up in an orphanage and didn't know who their other siblings were? What if two siblings were separated at birth due to an accident where the parents died? You could "what if" all day long - this is a ridiculous reason to be against gay marriage.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

o.O

Oh for goodness sakes, barren straight couples use these methods too. So we should outlaw adoption? What's to stop an orphan from marrying their unknown sibling if they happen to have grown up in an orphanage and didn't know who their other siblings were? What if two siblings were separated a birth due to an accident where the parents died? You could "what if" all day long - this is a ridiculous reason to be against gay marriage.

I know, it's like they have this idea of the "perfect" way everything should be, and anything that deviates it from it is suspect, no matter how unlikely or contrived.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

My mind is boggled at this current angle....... I guess we should outlaw adoption and sperm donors right? Just kill all the bastard children I guess.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

My mind is boggled at this current angle....... I guess we should outlaw adoption and sperm donors right? Just kill all the bastard children I guess.

Yes, let's kill them so we can save them from marrying their sibling.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Well it started as a ridiculous thread and it's ending (I hope) as a ridiculous thread. My only regret is having been caught up in it!

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join