It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage. I am honestly confused

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beers
reply to post by nenothtu

As a representative of the heterosexual agenda - WHAT????? Seriously, are you joking or is this a serious thread.

Whose representing the heterosexual agenda - you or me? if you mean me, you are mistaken. I'm asexual. I might as well be a monk.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

reply to post by thebtheb

Really?

Really what? Am I really gay? Yes. Do I really think they should have a whole different term other than homophobic? Well kind of.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Okee Dokee, what was your question again? Wait for the laughter.....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Beers

No drinking buddy, see that's not how it works. You made the claim, you back it up with some real scientific study links

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

I do not agree, can never say I do. I have been doing this whole to each his own, and ignoring it all. Been working very nicely then I thought I might try and understand it... so I made this thread. I came to a certain (albeit maybe somewhat shaky) conclusion still on the to each his own, even though you all are doing redefining gymnastics with the english language....

but really it is all this redefining gymnastics that I cant do.... I know what things are and what things mean and we cannot simply sit around and redefine every single word in the damn dictionary to make you all feel like all this is better or different...

hell I have no gosh darn idea why we are having to go through the dictionary and redefine every single word in their

I swear to God I am about to stop speaking english when it comes to terms that mean something....

It sounds like you just don't like thinking very much. But if, as you state, your want was to understand the other side, you gotta do a bit of thinking. Defining things, words, places, times, history, is important in understanding the world and yourself. It's important to understand that the things you hold dear ARE defined by you. Other people define things differently. So yes, defining and redefining, or at least understanding some of the other definitions in life and of other people is a must. Otherwise, yes, you should move to the middle of nowhere,like you said, because then you wouldn't have to.

link   
People may be "just asking questions", but a smart person knows that a question itself can be a kind of an attack or can be a set up to an attack of some sort.

Such as asking "Am I correct in that you are a homophobe?".

Might as well ask a question like "Have you stopped beating your wife?".

Nobody has to answer a question like that.

An honest discussion does not use questions like that.

But since when are liberals interested in an open and honest discussion when all they want to do is attack attack attack anybody who disagrees with them, automatically labeling them as a bigot.

link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Really?

Really what? Am I really gay? Yes. Do I really think they should have a whole different term other than homophobic? Well kind of.

why do they need a term or a word, its much more simple to ignore it.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

The Amish do not recognise state in anything do they?

It's been a long time since I lived in an Amish area, but I believe that is correct. They don't drive, and so don't get licensed, and I never saw an Amish house with electricity, either. I think they have a lot of things like that going on, since it's a closed community. I believe they have special dispensations for school and the like as well, so they minimize governmental contact.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Yeah I used to live near an Amish community... I always really liked them, there were very nice...

but I just started wondering if they were somehow able to be completely separate.....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

So, once again, back to your original question - Gay couples that want to marry, just want to be recognized the same as heterosexual couples that want to marry - again, not rocket science.

I'm guessing that you are homophobic, would that be a correct assumption?

No, that's not a correct assumption.

I had a friend in college who was gay, and he was ostracized for it. I was the only one out of the whole damned bunch that would hang out with him to keep him from being entirely alone there. It was like others were afraid it was going to rub off on them or something.

No, I've no phobia of homosexuals, nor do I fear being in the same dorm room with one. It's not like they're going to jump me, or it's catching or anything.

I've worked with gays, learned with gays, and hung out with gays. Only once, out of all that time, did one ever make a pass at me. Maybe I'm just ugly or something, or maybe they just aren't the maniacs some folks fear.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

lol... maybe your not 'hot' ....lol.....my son says men ask him out and stuff a lot when he is at work or running errands and things...perhaps you have to be younger to experience this!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join