It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage. I am honestly confused

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

Please note the stability of such homes and how the state has to support the mother and all her bastard children for their entire life under the welfare system using your tax dollars...

there is societal benefit to having stable homes. But of course, obviously not necessary for some people.
edit on 26-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Star128
reply to post by OpinionatedB

"LEGITAMITE question, seeking LEGITAMITE discourse" !!!!????

Jeezus... Do NONE of you possess dictionaries, as if spell-checkers weren't enough???
Are that many of you really this illiterate?
Do you really expect to be taken seriously?

HERE'S an idea; butter up someone who knows how to write, and have THEM translate your scratching into English.

Don't get me wrong, I can USE a laugh, it's just that this isn't a humor site.

If you can't comprehend the post, it's probably not someone else's fault you are lacking in comprehension - you might want to do a little brush-up yourself.

It's ok - I understand the niggling need to pick at insubstantialities when one has no proper response to a post, but just HAS to shoot off at the keyboard anyhow!

So have you got anything to say in response to the actual substance of the POST?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

"LEGITAMITE question, seeking LEGITAMITE discourse" !!!!???? Jeezus... Do NONE of you possess dictionaries, as if spell-checkers weren't enough??? Are that many of you really this illiterate? Do you really expect to be taken seriously?
reply to post by Star128

This is actually a rather interesting thread and to derail it by highlighting a spelling error is kind of petty. It would be almost as petty as correcting your grammar with regard to "Do NONE of you possess dictionaries?", when in fact it should have read "Do ANY of you possess dictionaries?" I might point out that you misspelled Jesus although deliberate, would still annoy a cunning linguist!

Of course I would never do that because I find the topic quite interesting and enjoy reading the opinions and thoughts of all responders pertaining to the actual topic.

Cheers

edit on 26-7-2012 by MollyStewart because: due to punctuation. LOL

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by MollyStewart

Please note the stability of such homes and how the state has to support the mother and all her bastard children for their entire life under the welfare system using your tax dollars...

there is societal benefit to having stable homes. But of course, obviously not necessary for some people.
edit on 26-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

In no way shape or form does being a single mother mean her home will be unstable. And in no way shape or form does a man and a woman and their children ensure that their home will be stable. Your definitions are really very boxy.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

can I marry my grandpa, he is dead but thinking he was the last one in the family to have medical benefits as a job perk can I still do it? Just asking. $3600 a year is a grip of change and well face it I may never need health care.
Oh yeah, health care, something someone doesnt want to buy anybody else.Isnt that the argument? Too many uninsured effecting the cost of insurance. hummmm!!! Isnt that what an insurance pool is?.....oh sorry wrong thread for this, my bad,

oh yeah, hi new girl!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
They just want attention... Who gives a damn what they want, I think illegal immigrants should have more rights, at least they contribute instead of whining about everything like a lil 2 year old...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

The above is well noted I assure you. The example I used proves that the way society views such things as marriage has changed and the villain in this piece are not loving couples who simply want to do the right thing or have the same right as any other couple. There is a whole other topic on such things as pension living single mothers, dole bludgers and people who rorte the system but same sex couples who wish to live and be taxed as such will go at least some way to bringing in added tax revenue for public services and infrastructure. It may even be a way to offset the ever increasing drain of social security? Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I just want to know where in the bible does it say anything about homosexuality? my dad read the bible, i read the bible, and the religious people hating on all different types of topics just makes no sence, i didnt find any evidence of god being the one to punish? since even in the bible it says god is love, where is the love then?

There is a good saying: Man walks up to a priest, says "i wanna be close to god, tell me what i need to do?" the priest in return replys " do you love anyone?" the man lost patience and said "i dont need any of those things, i just wanna be with god!" Priest had only one thing to say to him" Go love someone, or something, then you will be with god"

i mean, just think of adam and eve, they are literally brother and sister in the story, thats in my oppinion a lot worst then being gay. brother and sister relations, then a whole family comes out of no where, but in the midst of it all, i dont recall jesus stoning gays.

the whole law thing, who let the lawyers even decide who can or cannot marry in the first place, then they do a whole search and you must bring proof and yada yada, its like were all criminals and must be taged and accounted for every action we take.

All these things are distractions really, making us miss the most important part of it all, were all family, we are all god, queens and kings (man was made in the image of god, god is a "king").

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX

Ahhh dont muddy things up.... Their are references, i dont feel like looking them up right now, but you can search it... Adam n Eve reproduced, how is a same sex gonna reproduce....

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

As I am not myself a Christian we simply go by the scholars of said religion for their interpretation of the texts on this matter.... and I have heard most of them declare that the Bible stated homosexuality is condemned.

It is not to me to change their religious beliefs, nor is it to you, nor anyone else....

Anyone in this country, is allowed the freedom to practice and believe in whatever religion they want, so long as their practices are within the confines of the law....

Everyone in this country regardless of religion, creed, or sexual orientation and so forth, in this country are constitutionally protected and afforded equal rights

Peoples religious constitutional rights can never ever be trampled on, and neither can anyones right to protection of equality under the law.... but you cannot decide what I can believe, and how my marriage is defined inside my religion, because to me marriage is a religious institution protected under the constitiution of the united states of american... just as are your rights

No ones rights should be removed, everyone should be afforded equal treatment, and all americans should stand for that together!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The answer to your question is actually very simple....

Because Marriage is no longer a religious practice and it stopped being strictly about religion the day the Government got involved in marriage.

Marriage USED to be about making vow before your God. How often do you make a vow to God but ask for the States permission to do so prior to making said vow? That is exactly what happens when you apply for a marriage license.

The Gay marriage issue has nothing to do with God or vows. It has everything to do with taxes. A Married couple gets tax breaks. They can put their spouse on insurance plans. There are several rights that a married couple gets that a single person can not get. So if you are a same sex couple, you are still classified as "single" in the eyes of Government and therefor your are excluded.

Want to put an end to this issue? Get Government out of Marriage, get the IRS out of Marriage, stop giving married people a better deal than "singles". Do that- and watch how quickly this debate dies.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

merriage is a contract, it was made for royals so they can keep the buisness in the family, then the trend went public because the cool kids were doing it
oh and organizef crime but whats the difference right? right?

im not saying anything bad about it, when you think about it, why is there paper work? is the people words not enough?

so it still works just like it did for the "ELITE" back, back back back in the day, same process and no one ever asked why? were all arguing about it but were missing the point here, why are the dresses so exspensive? shoes? the whole she bang? its a buisness, thats it, just like santa, and terry fox.

you know what terry fox said at the end of his run, he said "i did this, to show to the people that are handicapped, that they can still live just like everyone else",something along those lines, it was a while back, after he died they started such a huge campaign and they make millions, since like the 70's... i didint hear him say anything about forcing children in shcools to beg for money...

and i didint hear jesus telling people what they can or cannot do with their personnal lives, since neither of us ever saw him, we werent here when they inveted relegion, why are we still practicing it? it has nothing to do with us.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

This is a legitamite question, seeking legitamite discourse on the topic.

I appreciate the legitimate question.

My position is restricted to: Equality in Legal Government Marriage.

Although - - why should a gay person give up the faith they were raised in? And there are many churches ready and willing as soon as it is legal.

It is not the fault of gays that the government contract is called Marriage License. Separate but equal is NEVER OK.

Not to mention the American Government Marriage License was created (NOT for religious reasons) - - but for racial discrimination. Yes - that's right. The license was legally enacted to make it illegal for whites and blacks to marry.

Legal Government marriage guarantees certain privileges not afforded by any other means. At this point in time - - only legally married hetero couples have the right to these privileges guaranteed by the Federal Government. That is not OK. That is discrimination against a minority. A persecuted minority at that.

However - - I would appreciate it if you would read the following site - - with an honest - non-judgmental and open mind. Before you respond to me. If you don't read it - - don't respond. BTW - - I have read many sites etc on the History of Marriage. I chose one to reference.

The Real History of Marriage: onespiritproject.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

As I am not myself a Christian we simply go by the scholars of said religion for their interpretation of the texts on this matter.... and I have heard most of them declare that the Bible stated homosexuality is condemned.

It is not to me to change their religious beliefs, nor is it to you, nor anyone else....

Anyone in this country, is allowed the freedom to practice and believe in whatever religion they want, so long as their practices are within the confines of the law....

Everyone in this country regardless of religion, creed, or sexual orientation and so forth, in this country are constitutionally protected and afforded equal rights

Peoples religious constitutional rights can never ever be trampled on, and neither can anyones right to protection of equality under the law.... but you cannot decide what I can believe, and how my marriage is defined inside my religion, because to me marriage is a religious institution protected under the constitiution of the united states of american... just as are your rights

No ones rights should be removed, everyone should be afforded equal treatment, and all americans should stand for that together!

There are plenty of "scholars" who come up with no such assertion that the bible is against gays. In fact most of the people who come up with that idea are fundamentalists, and hardly 'scholars.'

But understand, no one is being forced to marry homosexuals, period. No church even has to marry a heterosexual couple of they don't want to. I repeat: no one is being forced to accept homosexuals or marry them.
It is ONLY a matter of the state allowing gays to be wed and giving them a marriage certificate. That has nothing to do with religion. If the gays involved want it to be linked to religion, they will have to find a church that will marry them, and they exist. But no one is going to force anyone.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
The answer to your question is actually very simple....

Because Marriage is no longer a religious practice and it stopped being strictly about religion the day the Government got involved in marriage.

Marriage USED to be about making vow before your God. How often do you make a vow to God but ask for the States permission to do so prior to making said vow? That is exactly what happens when you apply for a marriage license.

The Gay marriage issue has nothing to do with God or vows. It has everything to do with taxes. A Married couple gets tax breaks. They can put their spouse on insurance plans. There are several rights that a married couple gets that a single person can not get. So if you are a same sex couple, you are still classified as "single" in the eyes of Government and therefor your are excluded.

Want to put an end to this issue? Get Government out of Marriage, get the IRS out of Marriage, stop giving married people a better deal than "singles". Do that- and watch how quickly this debate dies.

Nah, the debate would hardly die over that. As far as gays are concerned, it goes much deeper than taxes etc.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Nothing against you, but that sounds pure text book to me, because you have no idea man, United States of America sir, is not a country but a corporation, New Zealand, Canada, UK, are all corporations, a name basically that is used with multiple purposes, for example if u go to a bank, and make a new account, read the contract, it says that they are gonna use your profile to conduct buisnes with partner corporation, which will use your identity to recieve mortgages, loans and credit,

not for you though but in return to give to other people that then will have to pay for it. and then the second thing they say is, "YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO SAY NO TO REF 1" no joke. if u dont know what that means then i will end it with that!

churches, are a partner corporation of other corporations that include police officers and shcools, oh and governemtns too, ect ect, you name it there is like 500 million of them. the perfect number for every person who owns that name
if u dont know what that means i will end it at that ;P

i dont having anything against the law or the message of god which is love, but what does that have to do with churches and buildings, and money, god is a being who surpasses all human emotions and habits, how then can he punish or dudge? why does he need money or churches? those are human attributes.

and again just questions, i dont have anything against it, just questions i have since it was introduced to me, and i was baptised. always one question on my mind, how can people speak as if they hung out with man yesturday, when its been thousands of years.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb
There are plenty of "scholars" who come up with no such assertion that the bible is against gays. In fact most of the people who come up with that idea are fundamentalists, and hardly 'scholars.'

EXACTLY!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

As I( said this entire time, I am fine with any of that, this is equal rights if a religious couple gets married according to their religion this is fine.

If they make a contract according to their beliefs whatever they may be this is fine

if people want to live together and have rights like everyone else regardless this is their right to equal rights

if everyone is following the laws of the state in criminal matters.... this all should be fine

it is not a matter of denying anyone their rights.... I do think that equal protection should be granted to every adult in this country.

I just dont think the umbrella of protection for marriage under religious freedom is able to be redefined or taken away....tothetenthpower said it wont, that nothing can take away that protection for those who have Rabbanical courts etc and those who want this as well.....that it wont effect our religious protection.....

As such, if what he said is true, and I have no reason to doubt him as he has seemed honest since the day I came to this site....So I will trust his word and not oppose it....

religious people just arent willing to loose rights they are now afforded.....

and the reality is, having state involved in marriage is stupid to begin with... when is it the states business what I do so long as I am following the law? What business is it of anyones what their neighbor does....?

Its not

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

VERY good article! And SO true! Like as if NOW is the only way we've ever done things.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

reply to post by thebtheb

As I( said this entire time, I am fine with any of that, this is equal rights if a religious couple gets married according to their religion this is fine.

If they make a contract according to their beliefs whatever they may be this is fine

if people want to live together and have rights like everyone else regardless this is their right to equal rights

if everyone is following the laws of the state in criminal matters.... this all should be fine

it is not a matter of denying anyone their rights.... I do think that equal protection should be granted to every adult in this country.

I just dont think the umbrella of protection for marriage under religious freedom is able to be redefined or taken away....tothetenthpower said it wont, that nothing can take away that protection for those who have Rabbanical courts etc and those who want this as well.....that it wont effect our religious protection.....

As such, if what he said is true, and I have no reason to doubt him as he has seemed honest since the day I came to this site....So I will trust his word and not oppose it....

religious people just arent willing to loose rights they are now afforded.....

and the reality is, having state involved in marriage is stupid to begin with... when is it the states business what I do so long as I am following the law? What business is it of anyones what their neighbor does....?

Its not

As I said: NO ONE IS FORCING ANY RELIGION TO CHANGE! That right will not be lost. We KNOW this already. So seriously, what are you jabbering on about?

If you are in a religion that doesn't like homosexuals, etc., and then your state legalizes gay marriage, no one will force you or your religion to accept gays. And no one will force you or your religion to marry them. So HOW are anyone's rights being changed? They are NOT!
edit on 26-7-2012 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join