It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange weather noises...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I have been a weather freak ever since I lived in Texas. Well, now I live in the northeast and the weather has picked back up again. The last batch of storms we had come through...the thunder had a very metallic sound, almost like I was in a metal dome. It looked very similar to the video's weather. Anybody else hearing and seeing weird weather phenomenons?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Well I must admit, we had some thunder two weeks ago or something, and it was heavy.

But while we were working, there were a thunder, then me and my working buddy looked at each other, because we were both unsure if it really was a thunder. It lasted for a long time, and it sounded like it was a forklift that crashed into a bunch of metal. But the sound was there for way too long, and we could feel the power from the thunder in the ground.

Very beautiful!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I live in Ohio and we had a few bad storms last week. The thunder was definately different...like it lasted longer....sorta like a rolling effect but the loudness was continuous. I got caught outside in it and the thunder actually scared me a few times...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Weird things everywhere around the world. Awesome videos, thank you.

"And there shall be SIGNS in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the Earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the Earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory." (Luke 21:25-27)

In the verse above, Christ uses astrology to reveal the "signs" in the sky of his coming.

Not bashing, just my opinion

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Like a couple of the other posters said, we too had strange thunder and lightning about a week or two ago here. The thunder lasted a looooong time, like it was long and drawn out. I've never heard it like that before that I remember. I didn't look outside to see the lightning though.

My son had his window open and said the lightning looked weird too. He said it looked like someone was taking pictures with a flash in the clouds. Not just a bit here and there, he said it was near constant. I wonder if what he saw looked like the video. I'll have to ask him.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
That's another I thought was weird was the long drawn out thunder. Living all over the United States I have seen many different storms from Alabama to Colorado. None of them we're ever weird to the sight or hearing. I'm curious to know if the solar activity can have a drawn down to our storms, maybe the warmer weather, or maybe the galactic alignment. Either way it makes for magnificent storms and unfortunately deadly storms. We will be seeing that batch of storms moving across the US this weekend and I work nights. So I will definitely be reporting back with any weird findings.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

II lived in eastern Ontario all my life and the storm we had at the beginign of the week was different from what we usualy have. The thunder would last for 3-4 minutes. It was a very consistent and even rolling thunder. But they usualy last half a minute. Almost sounded like a tornado. And even if the lightning was abit far, the ground would still shake. Pretty strange.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Canada has definitely been seeing strange weather this year. High heat and horrible storms. I wonder what is causing this vast increase of heat???

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
That looks and behaves a lot like the footage from FL.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
That looks and behaves a lot like the footage from FL.

www.youtube.com...

that sound along with what the owner of the video said gives me the creeps more than just about any of the videos i've seen. i would have been FREAKING OUT. it really sounds like a tornado coming but they said the weather guy reported there was no tornado. WEIRD.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Quite an unnerving video. The weather around the world has certainly been setting new standards of weirdness every day.

I have my suspicions that its real, though. I noticed in the earlier stages of the video, that the hue of the street lights as they were driving changed with the sky, something that would be hard to avoid in a video manipulation, if you were playing with overall hue changes.

Another possible explanation is a large power station going awry. They're basically lightning generators on the ground, if you think about it. A few million volts being shot into the air or across the station in unintended ways could produce that effect.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Ok, I didn't want to mention this because I feel it's been discussed to death. But I feel compeled to do so. I'll make it quick.

Ok, for those who have read up on HAARP you know that it sends a beam of highly charges particles in to the ionosphere wich can cause an aurora borialis type phenomena and the heat to go up around 1600 degrees or so at a localized point..
At the same time it pushes up on earth's atmosphere and causes it to pertrtude out into space a little bit and the surrounding air rushes into that void.
I figure if you have a couple of nearby storm fronts and right in between those storm fronts you use that beam to push up on the atmosphere causing auroras and the storm fronts to merge, which would give you a heck of a weird storm right?
Now, as for the weird sounds. Ever worn a wetsuit? When you pull on a wet wetsuite you get this, pardon my french, you get this farting sound from the air rushing in. Same principle with our atmosphere. Get air a couple of kilometers thick over a super wide area to rush into this one space and what would you get? This crazy noise, I'm sure.

Anyhoo, that's my theory.
Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I don't really have anything specific to say about the weather at the moment, but I will repeat that a few weeks ago my sister in law and I in separate locations across our county heard the most unusual aircraft noise ever. It sounded like deep bass rolling thunder but it moved across the sky (slower than average commercial jet sounds) slowly. We were confident it was an airplane of some kind because the sound moved across our locations as a jet sound would. But in every other respect it was the kind of resonant pulsating sky sound I heard and reported on before on ATS. But those sky sounds were omnidirectional and persisted in the sky for well over twenty minutes at a time.

I have noticed ordinary jet sounds persisting well beyond the point I used to be accustomed to them fading as the plane would fade from sight. I've been sky watching and plane watching since I was a kid, and I'm in my mid forties now so I've got a lot of year's of memories to draw from. And my opinion is that there has been a change at least in the past two years, minimum, in the atmosphere that lends itself to more echoing effects of what used to be ordinary sounds, making them sound extraordinary. It may be doing that with lightning, too, prolonging it or something. I've seen cloud to cloud lightning or "heat lightning" as my dad would call it, all my life, but I do believe I've seen more of it this year and last year.

I also have already described on ATS that I saw some odd kind of ball lightning last year on two occasions. It looked more like Star Trek type photon torpedo strikes than any kind of lightning I've ever seen. Very interesting.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I am getting the really long thunder here as well. I commented to my husband about it. Makes you almost think it is a tornado the way it roars on and on. I noticed it a time or two last summer...but this summer it has happened nearly with every storm. It always makes me wonder if "something" isn't using the thunder noise to cover another noise up. Yes. I am aware of how that sounds and I am usually not that paranoid, but it is the conclusion I keep coming back to and I have to listen to my gut.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

No you don't sound paranoid. There is a very strange quality to even known sky sounds these days that kind of incites the imagination to go places we normally wouldn't consider, if just for a moment or two.

February 2011, I was outside during one particularly striking duration of unusual sky sounds and I could almost imagine they were a communication of some sort. I felt like there was a " mothership" hidden above the clouds that day. I didn't actuality believe that in my practical rational mind, but a primitive part of me FELT that impression. So I do understand what you're saying about the sounds you heard.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
up here the thunder is abnormal as well, but ive noticed there's not as much during a lightning storm.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I was on a farm in VA on the 4th July 2012 & at ~ 9pm I stepped outside to watch various firework shows. I could see several different areas at the same time, Middleburg, Upperville, Winchester South, Berryville, Winchester N, & also a few private shows. A storm was coming, the wind had begun to pick up & it felt good because it had been so hot the past several days. Then after about 10 to 15 min of walking to either side of the house watching the fireworks, clouds had began to form pretty heavily coming from different directions the N, E, S, SW. I felt like I was on a movie set. The lightening was coming in what appeared to be a perfect 360 degree circle all around extending outward with the clouds being a little darker than the inner perimeter... some were strikes & others were strange flashes so bright it was like day light....both taking turns ALL the way around in a perfect circle. I have experienced many storms in different locations around the country including extremely bad ones & a Tornado, but none of them exhibited the behavior of this storm. Even heat lightening did not look like the flashes I saw as they were taking up the whole area & much brighter...the strikes were moving around the perimeter of the circle & alternating w/ the flashes.
I have never heard nor felt Thunder like I experience that night.It was a very long long drawn out rumble, very low in pitch & continued on & on & you could feel it. The best way I can describe it is it literally sounded & felt like it was coming up from the Bowels of Hell. One Thunder Rumble, as it was not a roll, would last ~a minute plus & once that one ended the next one would start within 30 sec to a minute. This whole scenario lasted at least
1 1/2 hrs & I was out in it because it never rained. I really wanted to post something that night but didn't have time & I'm glad to see people are posting in regards to the strange weather. Storms use to come & go but this was so incredible to see, like a movie set. Wish I had a camera as cell phone doesn't do well at night...It reminded me of a movie & cannot remember the name, the main character was the devil, had Gary Sinese & Corin Nemic....I think everyone was heading west to Vegas to meet the devil (no one knew he was the devil) & it was a 3 night series. The reason I associated the movie was due to "the Bowels of Hell" thunder here because it seemed to be thunder & lightening alot through out the movie. Ey that was so bloody long ago... since that storm I have heard that same kind of thunder on 2 other occasions. We had a storm today & everything, thunder & lightening were normal like they use to be in the past. Since the 4th July 2012 I try to monitor the details of local storms if possible.
Cheers
Ektar

Sorry I did not think of using my phone to record the audio.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Ektar because: Sorry I left out some info...

new topics

top topics

join