It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel quarantines base in Golan Heights, near Syrian border - Will this be Trigger?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Is this the kick off? Apparently Israel has quarantined a base near the Syrian boarder because of an infection spreading among the soldiers. However, given the sensitivity of the area and recent talk of chemical weapons in Syria will this be used as a reason for a strike?

I don't know how others feel but this could well be a trigger!

TextJuly 25, 2012 – ISRAEL – IDF chief medical officer Gen. Itzik Kreis on Tuesday ordered the Yoav base in the Golan Heights quarantined after several soldiers fell ill with a bacterial infection. Arutz Sheva has learned many soldiers at the base, including soldiers working in the kitchens, complained of itching all over their bodies. As a result, the base has been sealed and a full sanitization effort is underway. All equipment, personal belongings, textile goods, and even personnel files are being removed in order to be cleansed. Arutz Sheva further learned that all mattresses on the base were removed and will be replaced. Hazmat teams are spraying and disinfecting structures, vehicles, and grounds, as well. Meanwhile, IDF medical personnel are screening soldiers and isolating those affected to ensure the infection does not spread. The IDF spokesperson’s office has thus far declined to comment on the exact nature and full extent of the infection. –INN

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

edit on 26-7-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Well I'm no friend of the Israeli Occupation Force but I think this might be a genuine, low level bio-chem attack. It's more than just food poisoning. Either way the Syrian Govt. will be blamed.
You'd have to check the weather patterns and see which direction the wind was blowing.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
World War I started over a wrong turn and a second chance for a disgruntled youth with a handgun.

Likewise, all it takes is for a single incident... right ot wrong... true or perceived... and there is so much tension there it would literally explode inside of 24 hours.

Kinda like the old Bugs Bunny cartoon with Yosimite Sam as a pirate... one puls a knife, the other a sword, counters with a pistol, then counters with a rifle, then counters with a small cannon, then counters with a big cannon...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
As Syria acknowledges they have chemical weapons, rebels trying to find and keep them:

TextIt now appears that all of my statements regarding the lack of factual evidence behind the chemical weapons accusations are now null and void. However, I believe we must also consider the reasons why the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad would lie about possession of weapons of mass destruction (WMDs). The Assad government could very well be putting out the threat because they are scrambling in fear over the prospect of being attacked by outside forces. If they actually do have chemical weapons, however, and are willing to use them, the threat was not only miscalculated but potentially disastrous for their few remaining allies like Russia and China.

This is really concerning and can turn deadly serious:

TextThe terrorist group known as the Free Syrian Army (FSA) has reportedly begun preparing to “secure” Assad’s chemical weapons, even going as far as to create a special unit for the task. “We have a group just to deal with chemical weapons. They are already trained to secure sites,” said Adnan Silou to the Telegraph.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
With the information we have at present it also could be fleas or scabies just to name two. This could just be a hygiene issue that got out of control in a base with shared toilet blocks.

But hell, they will identify the fleas as Syrian anyhow.

P

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Your right and I have a gut feeling this one will be used to the full - a first class reason for making a strike - sure needs watching!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The kick off will be when Israel makes its move, they have been threatening it for a long time but they are on their own this time. I suspect Israel were behind the Bulgaria attack like Iran's UN rep stated but since their MO is so widely known no one believes them any more when they try to blame Iran,

Frankly all I see now in the middle east is Israel becoming more and more isolated, Egypt has now opened its border with Gaza (which was the aim of that contingent of anon supporting the Egyptian uprising) Syria/Iran have the backing of Russia/China.

Although they have tip toed round this issue for 60 odd years, the international community must be getting rather sick of state sponsored terrorism carried out by Israeli terrorists and sons of terrorists who reach to the top of government and were the precursor of Mossad etc.

I feel sorry for the people of Israel who are going to be caught up in the mess, I don't feel sorry for their leadership.
edit on 26-7-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
HI,

Guys and Girls,

This is my view on this topic. I believe that WW3 is set and about to explode. The London Olympics will be the trigger for the start. I believe this for the following reasons

- Security into London has been weakened recently with the immigration/border staff going on strike so close to the Games. When then striked a about a month or so ago, support staff were brought in to help ease the ques. These staff were not as trained. Then the border staff said they would be going on strike the day before the start of the games, then yesterday, then canceled their strike.??? why??

- G4S was the official security provide for the games but they have been hamiliated because they have not been able to supply enough staff so a week before the games, all the other security companies and recruitment agencies have been picking up the slack and getting everyone through the training as fast as possible. I feel that the overall security at the games is going to be very weak.

- One of the biggest clues was the June 2012 water leak on the Central Line of the London Underground system. The line was closed because of a "water leak" caused by "moving earth". Where exactly was this water leak?? I hear you ask. At Stratford station (closes station to the Olympic Park). and the line was further suspended between Leytonstone and Bethnal Green. If I didn't know any better, I would say, "what a coincidence". The perfect chance for someone to place explosive on the underground network, without anyone thinking twice.

With Londoners already worried because of the 7/7 London underground bombings, if this was to happen again it would cripple the city. I believe that during the games, a massive incident is going to happen, and when it does, it will be blamed on Syria or Iran. There will be some kind of pathetic "proof" coined by the UK government. and there you go, WW3.

I really want to be wrong about this but thank you for listening.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Perhaps this is Syria dipping its toe in the tub so to speak. relecing a small amount to see if the wepon is still affective or as a little (see what will happen to Israel)

what ever the cause great find deffo one to keep an eye on..

PEACE

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Well, to be honest I don't think it was anything serious or that it is even related to Syria.

From what I know about chemical weapons (which isn't much, to be honest), if you were a victim of an attack by such weapons you wouldn't be complaining about "itchiness" or skin irritation. You would complain about not being able to breath/drink/eat, or about having blood dripping from your eyes.

Although it's possible the existence of chemical or biochemical weapons that take some time to produce damage, I don't think it would pass under the radar if it was an actual attack.

This type of weapon is banned for a very legitimate reason (even if countries follow that ban or not), and that reason is associated with the massive suffering they inflict, how unpredictable they are and how long-term their effects could be.

Not to mention serious scenarios of their use being miscalculated and affecting the whole world.

Personally, I don't believe that if this was a genuine attack that Israel would keep quiet about it. Even if people don't like when Israel talks about their concerns.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix22

7/7 didn't cripple the city, I live here and I can tell you we're not easily spooked. Nothing will happen at the Olympics it's just the usual scaremongering.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Mate,

I live in London too, and I remember how it was. Maybe we are in to different London's, lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Nope-no trigger. Was actually a self contained event.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Worth a watch. Good find OP. Keep us updated.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Let's try it from the other side... It seems to me after Turkish jet provocation failed, USA and Israel as well as their allies decided to try it from the other side, from the Golan Heights, accusing Syria in violation of international resolution, lugging into Hezbollah and Assad's chemical weapons to make the reason and justification of full-scale military operation against Syria more convincing. And now Israel quarantined base there to make it more solid... They just repeat over and over again that they do not 'suspend possibility of interference...' and it looks like they make preparations that are strange company for their own statements that Syrians must choose their destiny themselves... In Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya we already saw the consequences of support provided by USA and its allies... All who accepted it paid too dear price for it...

new topics

top topics

join