It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Greek athlete sent home for racist remark

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think it's extremely racist! Not funny at all...reminds me of Michael Richards racist rant.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm a "black man". THAT WAS FUNNY! hahahahahaha I wonders if she likes mandingo? lol

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I thought it was disrespectful whether she's black, white or alien. Perhaps getting kicked out was a big extreme, bit a solid punishment was much needed.
edit on 26-7-2012 by ILLosopher because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2012 by ILLosopher because: typo

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
By the definiton of racism,nothing she posted was even remotely racist or offensive.

A stupid comment to make though.
edit on 26/7/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

The athletes during the Olympics in the 30's were treated very well and many had a lot of good things to say about how they were treated,especially African Americans.

I'm guessing you just assume that Nazis are bad so they never treated ANYONE with respect..........altough they did.
Read about Jesse Owens.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by Kastogere
Sorry had to do it for Domo,
put one hot athlete on this thread....so i offer you Another one
kinda makes me wanna go down under........

Oh my.

ALL...Please take it with a grain of salt...what if the athlete wasn't a woman but a man ?
These days with plastic surgery, hormone therapy and not to mention movements for equal rights for LGBT as a hot issue around the world, anything is possible.
I wonder if they have a committee at the olympics verifying just that...in addition to doping tests.

Link

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Blatant? Nothing she said was racist so you are either a numpty who sees something when its not there or you have no idea what the defintion of racism is.

''Blatant''

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
That's pretty harsh for someone that has been training their whole life to get to the Olympics. People in politics need to lighten up and see the big picture. This is a devastating punishment for something so ridiculous and harmless. Have some heart, let's take into consideration the whole picture.

How many government officials have said questionable remarks but don't lose their jobs. Sounds rather hypocritical to me.
edit on 26-7-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It was obviously a joke to anyone with a brain. If I was her, I'd take the abusive idiots who sent her home to court. Nothing offensive or racist about it whatsoever. And the choice of image too, what a joke. What hypocrisy to make a joke of her while condemning her for making a joke.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
In terms of racism. I think it was distateful and racist. On a scale of 0 to 10 with ten being very racist I would say it is a 0.5. Black people face more racism than a dodgy Joke every day...

Before anyone else starts I am black and darker than most!

Tiger5

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

It's just not really that offensive unless I'm missing something about the West Nile. It seemed to be light-hearted and actually kind of funny.

Imagine if the area recently had an explosion of alligator population and we had US athletes there from Florida and she said "Glad these Americans are here so these alligators get some home made food".

Most of us would laugh that off. She said nothing negative about the African athletes and the joke was based on geological location, not skin color.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I bet if it was vice versa the person wouldn't be ejected from participating.

So stupid these double standards it's all horse # and anyway someone should stop the games, nobody really cares about the games they're lame and boring and take far too much air time that could be given to something we do care to watch.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Not true. I for one, look forward to the games with much anticipation. There is football (soccer), basketball, judo, swimming galore, gymnastics, track and field, boxing, etc. One can never fall asleep. It will be watched by billions. I can't wait.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Speak for yourself. I like sport. Its one of the best things humans have achieved. What I dislike is how its become hijacked by politics and corporations.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Ok people...call me ignorant on this one; but what is racist about what she said? I really don't understand exactly what she meant by what she said.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think what she said is racist and i am glad that she was sent home. To go to the Olympic games is the preparation of a lifetime and requires incredible amount of dedication, strength and courage. Unfortunately for her it also requires that one must not make racist comments when all the countries are getting together in this hundred of years old institution. She is a shame to her country and her stupidity completely crushed what must have been her biggest dream. hope other athletes learn from this woman's mistake.

Multiculturalism is the future of the U.S.A

God bless all humans.
edit on 26-7-2012 by DCLXVI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The joke wasn't even funny. How do you get sent home for an unfunny joke?

When I hear racist jokes, I laugh but I also shake my head to acknowledge the racism.. but I still laugh. I didn't even laugh with this joke. Not even a smirk.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
OMG if only most people knew what Aussies and Kiwis say about each other

I'm so sick of this politicly correct crap, and people who take this stuff so seriously.

Have any of the Africans said anything about this?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

I don't like the racist comments but damn she's hot!!!!!!!!

Never heard of her until today. She will be added to the wall collection.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by sonnny1

I told Domo it would be like an Iranian saying, "Hey Israelis, Your safe from a terrorist attack, this year at the Olympics" wink:wink.......

No it would not be like that. Africa is a continent, not a country. It is MULTI-RACIAL. Like the U.S.A. - If one refers to Americans is one referring to Blacks only? Whites? Latinos? I didn't think so.

I agree with you. Is this any different from making a joke about the British and their warm beer, the Americans having a difficult time finding a McDonald's, or one of the more common "Swedish" girl team sex jokes? People are waaaayyyyy too serious these days and find insult in almost everything.
edit on 26-7-2012 by mjfromga because: clarity

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join