It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Greek athlete sent home for racist remark

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Ah, she should have been more sensitive in her use of Twitter but like a lot of folks today, she ended up being the "fall guy" for her unfortunate comments.

“With so many Africans in Greece … at least the West Nile mosquitos will eat homemade food!!!,” Papachristou wrote.

Greek athlete sent home for racist remark

edit on 26-7-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Lol, i dont know what to make of this.

She was stupid for making that remark but i dont think she should have been ejected from the games. Perhaps fined? Though that comment is really offensive :/

Good find OP! I also read this morning NK walked out of a football match because a SK flag got shown.
Can this ruddy country do anything right?

Jokers of the world.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Is it racist though? Really?

Thought police in action again.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
She was actually bounced because the Greek Gov didn't want to alienate the sponsers paying for their olympic team or to have them pull the sponsorship on the whole Greek team thus sending them all home as a result.

On a seperate note....thats one hot lady...grrrrrrrrr

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I am suddenly reminded of what happened during the olympics in Nazi germany back in the 30s? or was it 40s?

Remember how they treated some of the athletes back then as a host country? Wasn't much of an outcry back then to that treatment....just goes to show how stupidly over PC this world has become.

+6 more 
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Two things here....

1.) I saw this earlier and thought that her comment is not one bit racist. It is a joke. A very funny joke. The Liberals are crying racist because she is white.

2.) Photoshop Friday is definitely going to take advantage of her photo if ya know what I mean.

edit on 26-7-2012 by XXX777 because: added tails up photo

link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Who cares? I bet ya if a Black athlete said something it would be laughed off.

2nd

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I thought the joke was extremely funny and didn't find it racist. Herp Derp because you are racist Domo. It wasn't disparaging a race at all. If a bunch of English fruit bats (*cough*) swarmed the country (there is only one country that matters kids) and started sucking blood and someone made a joke about the bats nomming on homemade food no one would care. It's a funny joke. Making it into a racist joke is more racist than the joke. My example was pretty bad but if I didn't use white people I would be a racist.

She's too cute for me to get mad. I don't care what she said. MEOW.

ETA: WTF is Prevacid and why is YouTube so intent on showing me their ads? I get the weirdest YouTube ads.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
On a seperate note....thats one hot lady...grrrrrrrrr

This. This, this, this.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

You are correct. The claim of racism is begging the desired result.
It is funny joke that any late night American comedian would tell to an audience that would laugh like crazy.

The Left, the Liberals, the anti-Whites, the true racists are out in force trying to make the Olympics their little race baby.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Its amazing how many people will deny blatant racisim because it was uttered by a pretty girl.

Anyway, all those folks that support this racism are in good company. You are not the only folk who think this behaviour is acceptable;

2012 Olympics

Greece's far-right Golden Dawn party condemns the withdrawal of Greek athlete from the London Olympics for an anti-African tweet - @Reuters

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

I highly doubt that mosquitos were upset by the joke. Just the crazy PC crowd.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Sorry had to do it for Domo,

put one hot athlete on this thread....so i offer you Another one

kinda makes me wanna go down under........

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I am suddenly reminded of what happened during the olympics in Nazi germany back in the 30s? or was it 40s?

Remember how they treated some of the athletes back then as a host country? Wasn't much of an outcry back then to that treatment....just goes to show how stupidly over PC this world has become.
the Nazis treated America's black athletes better than their own team at those Olympics,a few said so in interviews later.oh big mistake speaking about immigrants in any European country,like them or lump them.shouldn't it be the other way around?when in Rome springs to mind,but in this crazy world you can't upset the corporations.they are the only ones who benefit from the endless supply of immigrants.you can't even make a joke nowadays,perhaps all the bleeding hearts should get of their high horses.I see nothing racist or even offensive in this joke,storm in a teacup.playing this oh that's racist against Africans game only helps in keeping the perception of the dumb negroe who needs special protection which certainly is not the case.

edit on 26/7/2012 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
Its amazing how many people will deny blatant racisim because it was uttered by a pretty girl.

Anyway, all those folks that support this racism are in good company. You are not the only folk who think this behaviour is acceptable;

2012 Olympics

Greece's far-right Golden Dawn party condemns the withdrawal of Greek athlete from the London Olympics for an anti-African tweet - @Reuters

www.breakingnews.com...

How is it racist to tell a joke about mosquitos and Blacks?

If a Black person tells a joke about apple pie and Whites is that considered racist?

You seriously need to consider what you are saying. The joke is about bugs biting people. The joke is not demeaning or belittling Blacks. You have been brainwashed by the racists.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Because she didnt want to be in London for the olympic
best way to quit is to make such remark

did she sudenly realise that the london olympic have illuminati all over it

she could have also say she was injured or something ..
no need to be rude

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Please explain how the joke is racist. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
When I went to Thailand the wife commented about all the mosquitoes biting me and not her and I joked that the mossies had a craving for aussie food.. so I guess that makes me a terribly, filthy racist as well?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Sorry had to do it for Domo,

put one hot athlete on this thread....so i offer you Another one

kinda makes me wanna go down under........

Well herro! I like at 1:50 when the announcers try not to perv out. So bouncy. *cough* Really impressed with her athleticism *cough*. She seems smart.

LOLD at your last line. You are a bad person for showing me that.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
When I went to Thailand the wife commented about all the mosquitoes biting me and not her and I joked that the mossies had a craving for aussie food.. so I guess that makes me a terribly, filthy racist as well?

Totally. You're just an awful person. You can't ever poke gentle fun at anyone who is not your clone. And if you make fun of your clone it's clonist. Nope, no jokes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join