It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nathan Van Wilkins - Batman Massacre Beta Test, Failed 1st Attempt or Crazed Maniac?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This is my first thread so be gentle. Something I have considered in light of recent events is the Tuscaloosa Shooting days before. I have come to view the more high profile mass shootings as suspect with so many unanswered questions surrounding them.

This Idea I originally posted in another thread and I have no evidence to support the theory but would like to throw it out there for feedback and consideration.

Nathan Van Wilkins:

(AP) TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - A gunman stood outside of a crowded downtown bar and opened fire from two different positions early Tuesday, sending patrons running or crawling for cover in a chaotic and bloody scene. At least 17 people were hurt as bullets ricocheted and glass shards and brick chunks fell around the nightclub. Nathan Van Wilkins, 44, surrendered about 10 hours after the 12:30 a.m. shooting near the University of Alabama campus, police said. The rampage started a couple of miles away about 45 minutes earlier, police said, when Wilkins knocked on the door to a home and waited for a person to answer it. He then started firing, wounding the person. Wilkins was also suspected of setting three fires to equipment or property owned by his former employer, an oil and gas company.

1. On July 17th/18th Nathan Van Wilkins shot 17 people at the Coppertop Bar in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
  2. Of the 17 victims none were fatally wounded.
  3. Before the mass shooting he is believed to be responsible for arson and vandalism at Capstone (I can feel the conspiracies brewing already) Oilfields.
  4. He has a history of mental illness but witnesses when he turned himself in said he appeared lucid and not on drugs.
  5. Military style assault weapon used

This received national coverage so some of you may be familiar with this incident although it was quickly overshadowed/forgotten due to the Batman shooting.

The things that were odd to me about this incident in light of the Batman event was the fact that there were no fatalities. The location a bar/night club is similar to the event in Australia and other incidents. I remember it generating some buzz on the talk circuit and many callers calling for bans on the type of weapon he used.

Was this a failed first attempt or beta test for the batman massacre? Was Nathan Van Wilkins somehow an MKUltra agent that failed to get the desired effect facilitating need for a poorly planned back up that would be sure to get the necessary attention and effect?

One thing against this idea though is the fact he turned himself in at a latter date. Most of the patsies dont seem to run (mostly due to being setup to be in a predetermined location with incriminating evidence). However this could be because the programming is not always 100%.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Source

edit on 26-7-2012 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2012 by NihilistSanta because: grammar

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Wow, great info, thanks. Maybe they were triggered by the same event/signal, causing similar shootouts. Also, the night club was at 12:30am? That seems more than a coincidence.

I've noticed a lot of these "media field day" type events of the last couple weeks. Shootings, missing kids, things that usually get a lot of attention. But there's so much going on that a lot of times it gets buried. I feel like they're trying to create a lot of negative energy recently. Maybe they're building up for something.

But not to derail from what you said, I really do think this could be someone triggered MKULTRA style and it just didn't take off for some reason, and I think it could link to the Colorado shooting. I think we might see more of these coming up soon.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
He has the attitude and looks more like a stone cold killer in that mug shot then James Holmes. I have to say no MKUltra or whatever mind-warping technique in his situation.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by quailman03

Nice catch on the times of the shootings. I did not notice that at first.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
He has the attitude and looks more like a stone cold killer in that mug shot then James Holmes. I have to say no MKUltra or whatever mind-warping technique in his situation.

I agree about his look however he does have a typical "militant" look about him. No idea if he had any type of military background. The photo was taken some time later though and as stated he appeared lucid then so perhaps any effects had worn off. Good point though.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Thanks. I really do hope this thread takes off. I would like to see what other people have to say about this. The similarities are just eerie to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Video of the suspect arriving at the bar before shooting. He has highly visible "military style weapon" and although I am unsure appears to be wearing some type of tactical gear. Not sure about the tactical gear but the close ups seem to show straps or a holster of some sort on his leg.

Again he was not apprehended at time of shooting. He turned himself in 10 hours later. So unless witnesses elaborated we do not know what he was wearing.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Kind of surprised this has not generated more interest.....

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The guy in the surveillance video doesn't seem to have the bull neck like the mugshot of Van Wilkins.
Doesn't look like the same person

I rarely watch television and I hadn't even heard about this shooting incident.
Thanks for catching me up.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
The guy in the surveillance video doesn't seem to have the bull neck like the mugshot of Van Wilkins.
Doesn't look like the same person

I rarely watch television and I hadn't even heard about this shooting incident.
Thanks for catching me up.

Nice observation. I hadn't noticed the build of the shooter in the video. This would make sense to me to have an operative or someone spray the place with weapons fire and have a mentally ill patsy take his place turning himself in later. He hit 17 in the bar so it wasn't a failure from that perspective just they did not get a body count. It was in and out and the police did not arrive in time to be of help apprehending him.

The only contrast to this though is in the video the shooter appears to kind of be stumbling a bit through the street, although they stated he was not on drugs when he turned himself in 10 hours later. Van Wilkins also was mentioned as saying he had been on meds but had gone off of them just before the shooting. Definitely some things to consider until we can learn more even though that appears unlikely with such little coverage now.

Edit -
Another thing of note from the info we have. Van Wilkins was having financial problems and going through a Divorce. While this is conjecture it would make him more pliable in coercing him to act as a patsy if that is the case.
edit on 27-7-2012 by NihilistSanta because: Finances

top topics

join