It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 AM Explosions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
My apologies if this is irrelevant but my wife and I were sitting in our house around 4 AM when we heard a strange loud noise and felt the house shake, I thought it felt like someone crashed a car into the house, she said she thought it was something falling on our house... I went outside to investigate, everything seemed normal, but as I was walking around the house it happened again! This time I was able to tell it was FAR away whatever it was. A loud muffled sounding boom with accompanying shock wave, literally took my breath away . It's really hard to describe such a thing accurately. I told my wife my findings but she really still believed something hit the house to shake it that hard. We both went outside this time and their was a smell of something burning and a haze in the air. I just wanted to make a quick record of the events here in case something comes of this.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Where are we talking about???

It sounds like an earthquake????

More info on location required to see if anyone else heard it!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Sorry, it was in Kingsport, Tennessee, at 4am. Nothing on the scanner about it.

I have never experienced an earthquake before, could be a possibility I suppose.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Possibly kids playing with redneck firecrackers (dynamite)?
Maybe from a car?
edit on 26-7-2012 by g146541 because: cars

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
That was God's way of saying ...

Go To Sleep!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

More like adults playing Meth Lab if that was the case

Nothing else has happened so far, will post and record anything else if I catch it in time.

Originally posted by faryjay
That was God's way of saying ...

Go To Sleep!!!

I wish I could! My sleep schedule is really messed up

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Thescripter

I hear these sounds are back not just in the USA either

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
There is a munitions plant near you called Holston Army Ammunition Plant, manufacture of Composition B, a very powerful explosive mixture of RDX (cyclonite) and TNT.

They possibly had a accident and unless there is a risk to the public it will be kept on the down low. Not every incident will be broadcast over non secure radios, police and military know lots of civilians have scanners. If we need to relay any sensative info we use SINCGARS radios that are loaded with a COMSEC key and use fequency hop, and some other encription tools. im 99% sure police dont use that, but I my friends that are cops say they use cell phones for anything they dont want going over the airway

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ussoldier

Ah yea.. Could be it. One of my friends is the fire chief over at the munition plant. I'll go ask him if he has any info.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Well, I spoke to my friend, he stated that there were no explosions, accidental or otherwise, at the facility (no winks or nods or anything). I am thinking it either had to be the Eastman Chemical Company, or.... well, I have been present for quarry blasting before, but this seemed a little bigger if you can believe that, so my instinct says it may have been a earthquake on a small magnitude or (crazy I know) deep underground blasting/large cavern cave in.

For those who have been in earthquakes, do they make a noise at all? Is there usually a smell in the air afterwards?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Ive been through 2 earthquakes and never heard anything resembling a explosion, just a deep rumbling sound.. maybe some fast movers went super sonic. it hard to say since I wasnt there to witness it.

I learned real quick the differance between outgoing and incoming idf . I thought a RPG flying past me ws scary until the night we had Katyusha rockets flying at us
Thats one sound that will haunt me till i die.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm in Virginia here and I have heard what I termed "explosions" as well. I have been in an earthquake and it didn't match up for me.

It was only a few weeks ago a storm had just passed through but in the distance I could hear what I called explosions because there is no other word that comes to mind. Mine happened in about 6 to 7 bursts. Like thunder...but not. These were equal distance apart timing wise and all of them sounded the same. The exact timing/spacing is what freaked me out. I still don't know what it was til this day. I have heard it twice since then. My first thought was that someone was using the storm to cover up the noise so people wouldn't hear it. I may not have if I had not been in bed at the time.

Others still tell me it was thunder. I am almost 36... I am well aware of what different types of thunder sound like by now. I am not sure what you heard. Just keep your ears open and see if you hear it again like I have.

new topics

top topics

join