It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oil monopoly in Australia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

Petroleum company Caltex is shutting down its Kurnell refinery in Sydney because it says it is no longer financially viable in the face of competition from big Asian refineries.

Caltex says it will close Kurnell by the middle of 2014, after 57 years of operation, and instead use the facility to import fuel refined overseas.

So Caltex shuts down its oil refinery under the guise that its cheaper to import Asian oil, than it is to manufacture it, however it also says (Ten News interview) that the transition is going to increase prices slightly for the consumer.

So, importing it will be cheaper, but we have to pay slightly more... sounds like the middle mans taking us for a ride.

Why isn't the PM demanding that we keep these 300 men employed and perhaps INVEST the assumed '' extra cost '' into research and development so WE can refine it cheaper.
.... really, how hard is this sh1t people?

And considering the current world affairs, i think its a great idea to be keeping our domestic production abilities running.. what happens when Asia goes to Cr@p?

!%_!(%&! you Gillard and Abbott you mindless whimps.. where's your backbone, you aint doing nothing for the Australian people, and your that wicked your willing to stand infront of the camera and pretend to care with that stupid smirk!

feel better now

edit on 26-7-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I agree, we as a country need to sure up our oil supplies and not rely so heavily on imports. It was just yesterday I was reading about chevron developing a gas field in WA and all production being exported to Asia. I see no benefit here for Aussies.
We need aussie companies developing oil/gas fields for Aussie industry.
S+F
edit on 26/7/2012 by UsualSuspect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
We palm of our natural gas at a lesser value to overseas players than we get it hereto fill our cars and heat our homes, look into it. We have foreign ownership in almost all our resources and even have foreign players selling off our energy/water to us. SP Ausnet and origin are from Singapore I believe. Talk about getting f'd in the Kieber without a reach around...
edit on 26-7-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Got nothing to do with NSW Premier.....

blame Gizzard and her Carbon Tax

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I view this as another baby step by the global elite to further encompass viable/malleable nations (i.e Australia), under the one umbrella....this decision is far and way beyond the control and influence of domestic politics and union hyperbole.

Caltex CEO Julian Segal is well groomed to do the leg-work for his masters.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Time to just get over oil, gas and coal altogether. All it does is make the worst people in the world rich while screwing the planet over bigtime.

new topics

top topics

join