It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the rapture happen today, ? any time ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I was listening to Tom Horn , Phenomenal, tom horn and the lost symbol, which ive posted HERE were Mr Horn discusses, why 2012, is so significant to the ruling elite, the occult's, secret society's,

In this video he makes mention , that the rapture could happen today. ? any time.

i know some Christians believe in a pre tribulation rapture, taking place before Jacobs trouble ,

the great tribulation.

Mr Horn is referring to 2012 in the video which marks the beginning of Jacobs trouble, ? the destruction of Rome, ?

the coming to power of the Anti Christ ?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Sure it can…… but it won’t happen until all christians that truly believe “in the rapture” send me all the cash from their bank accounts and sign over any property or valuables to me…..

Obviously christians understand that they don’t need these earthly material things, so let me take it off your hands for you….. will I U2U my bank details, or should I email the pope?

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I don't subscribe to the belief of a preTribulation rapture, but for God anything is possible.

Good to read these kinds of questions.

Have a good night

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dwarfflex

In this video he makes mention , that the rapture could happen today. ? any time.

Who is Tom Horn? Is he a prophet chosen by God?

Seriously though, stop listening to internet prophets.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The pre-trib rapture, or any other kinds of rapture, is just another man-made idea which was supposedly taken from the pages of the Holy Bible, but curiously absent is you really look. It sounds plausible on the surface, but the scriptures used to support it are stuck chronologically to the main event of the Second Coming. The recent origin of this "doctrine" casts doubt on it, as compared to the more basic tenets of historical Christianity.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I am a Christian and have been studying this topic for a about 30 years...a long time.

After much research... i have found a two part answer.

A- I do not know. We are dealing with God and He has his own time table and can pretty much do what He desires...that is why He is God.

B- I am leaning towards a mid- tribulation rapture. In Chapter 14 of the Revelation to John, otherwise known as Revelations, in verse 14 it reads:

14 "And I looked, and beheld a white cloud, and upon the white cloud one sat like unto the Son of man,having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle."

15"And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap;for the harvest of the earth is ripe."

There is a timeline... a pretty specific timeline of events that happen before this moment and after this moment. Since it is not at the beginning nor the end of the Tribulation, one can deduct it is in the middle of the tribulation.

It is after the rise of the Anti-christ and before the great return of Christ and Armegeddon. It is after the "7 trumpets" and before the "7 vials of wrath."

To those that are new students or believers or for those that do not believe... these things sound outlandish, a fairytale, or a bunch of symbolic gobbledygook... without a deep and complete study of the Bible, it can be daunting and overpowering and even bewildering.

However, everyday we watch and read the news... be it TV, the internet, the printed media... we see and I see the fulfilment of prophesy on a literal level that I would not have imagined even 20 years ago.

Is it a stretch to consider the insect llike beasts that sting men for 5 months but do not kill... to be drones? Have you seen the quad rotor mounted "surveilance" drones for "law enforcement?"

How about the events unfolding in the Middle East... the players and alliances and political situations are straight out of Ezekiel 38-39.

The economic collapse and dissaray and the push for a new gloabl system and currency is right out of Revelations 13.

We could go on and on...

But to answer your question... Is the rapture imminent and at any time?

Always be ready...always be ready... because if Jesus doesn't come to see us, we WILL go to see Him.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Nope, because there's no such thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Hey brother. I don't mean this in a mean or condescending manner, but you said you have 30 some years study on the matter correct? Well, in all that time did you not notice the church mentioned on Earth after chapter 3?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Can the rapture happen today, ? any time

Never.

Use the search button at the top of the screen. put in 'rapture'. You'll see many threads on it. A pre-trib rapture has been DEBUNKED here .. manytimes. The notion of a pre-trib rapture is not in scripture and it was invented by failed Anglican Priest Nelson Darby in the 1800s. The rapture cult spread quickly through the fundamentalist christians but failed to catch on with the majority of other Christians.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Chapter 3 finishes Jesus remarks to the 7 churches...

In these remarks, Jesus makes a point of reminding again and again that He will come as a "thief in the night."

No man knoweth the hour, not even the Lamb...ie Jesus. Only the Father or the Lord or God.

On the other hand, we will know the season...that is why we have so many warnings and descriptions of the times, so that we may be ever vigilant and ready.

Although the Church is not mentioned perse, war is made against "the saints"... whose blood flows like wine from the winepress. How can the Saints, the Church, Christians be persecuted, prosecuted, and executed if we are not here?

If the Church is not here to suffer for refusal to the "Mark of the Beast"... why warn the Saints, the Church, Christians to not take the Mark?

In Chapter 7, who are those too numerous to count surrounding the throne in white robes? They are those that came out of the great tribulation and are washed and cleansed in the blood of the Lamb. How can that be if we are not here?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I know war is made against the saints, however there will be people still coming to Christ during Daniel's 70th week. And if you recall from the 7 letters there are some folks the Lord says will be thrown into the time of Jacob's trouble. The rapture is not a blessing for salvation, but a reward for the overcomer.

edit on 26-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I agree with you.
If the rapture was to happen in the beginning of the tribulation then it would ave already taken place.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Can the rapture happen today, ? any time

Never.

Use the search button at the top of the screen. put in 'rapture'. You'll see many threads on it. A pre-trib rapture has been DEBUNKED here .. manytimes. The notion of a pre-trib rapture is not in scripture and it was invented by failed Anglican Priest Nelson Darby in the 1800s. The rapture cult spread quickly through the fundamentalist christians but failed to catch on with the majority of other Christians.

That's not accurate. I've been here since the BTS days and the rapture has never been "debunked". In my time of studying Eschatology I haven't seen a single sound argument against it. Lots of distortions and hermeneutic fails though.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

I agree with you.
If the rapture was to happen in the beginning of the tribulation then it would ave already taken place.

Again, not accurate. In Revelation 1 Jesus said the candlesticks represent the church, and when He is handed the sealed scroll the candlesticks are present watching.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I do not see all that in revelation 1
Is this what you speak of?
11 Saying I am Alpha and Omega the first and the last and What thou seest write in a book and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia unto Ephesus and unto Smyrna and unto Pergamos and unto Thyatira and unto Sardis and unto Philadelphia and unto Laodicea
Please explain further

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
For those who say there is no rapture, where are believers during the tribulation or the great tribulation?

After some research on the "great tribulation", it's only mentioned three times in the Bible and here's one of them.

Revelation 2:21-22

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

If you read the entire chapter, you'll see they are talking about Jezebel and all of the other false gods that followed in her footsteps to lead man astray.

They are the ones with blood on their hands.

I even have reason to believe that the only ones who will be here until the very end are the 144,000 sealed from the 12 tribes of Israel against their adversaries back in the day.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I even have reason to believe that the only ones who will be here until the very end are the 144,000 sealed from the 12 tribes of Israel against their adversaries back in the day.

Do tell more.
These numbers always have depressed me in a way.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

I do not see all that in revelation 1
Is this what you speak of?
11 Saying I am Alpha and Omega the first and the last and What thou seest write in a book and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia unto Ephesus and unto Smyrna and unto Pergamos and unto Thyatira and unto Sardis and unto Philadelphia and unto Laodicea
Please explain further

Im talking about Revelation 1:20.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

For starters, in Revelation 9, we know that Satan releases locusts from the Abyss to torture whoever is on the earth for five months. However, the locusts weren't allowed to touch or torture the 144,000 that were sealed.

Now when we move to Revelation 9:13 on, it's talking about the four angels who had been bound were released in order to kill a third of mankind with fire, smoke and sulfur.

But here are the verses that hold a lot of meaning to me...

Revelation 9:20-21

20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Depending on what version of the Bible you're reading makes it sound like these were all people who failed to repent. The New International Version even uses the word "still" as in "the rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues STILL did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood..."

Seriously, who would not repent after five months of being tortured by locusts enough to want to die, but wouldn't be allowed to die?

These aren't normal humans, much less Christians. Christians have already repented and haven't chosen to follow false gods and idols, so who are left? Who are these humans who don't appear to be normal? What is this fornication that keeps being mentioned?

Are these adversaries/fornicators/sorcerers the original Watchers who fell and were bound in the Abyss? Will they be allowed to come back and face judgement from the original Israelites for what they had done to them? Are the rest of mankind their original offspring or even a new line of offspring?

That's what I think.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I don't see anything in that verse that points to an event that would happen before the tribulation.
What do you believe the mystery of the seven stars/angels in the right hand means?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join