It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US gov. involved in program to break down the cohesive aspects of US society

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

US gov. involved in program to break down the cohesive aspects of US society

Apparently Divide and Conquer is becoming more clear beyond just conspiracy circles. People are wondering why so many continue to talk-added onto the conspiracy notions- of the Colorado Shootings, this article can offer insight into that,

This was shared yesterday by Press TV and Gordon Duff of Veteranstoday.com,

Duff said,
“This week in Aurora Colorado there was this shooting. A young man shot a number of people in a movie theater. The country is in a panic. People are looking at each other with suspicion. It isn’t because of this one shooting. It is because we’ve had shootings and bombings for twelve years.”

He continues to explain ‘Planitir’ a government software that uses pattern recognition.
See article for more of his explanation and Palantir Technologies

Duff concluded,

“We are seeing a pattern behavior that indicates that the U.S. government is involved in a program, clearly involved in a program to break down the cohesive aspects of U.S. society. To make people complacent, fearful, to feel separated, to feel dependent, to not question the government at all.

We are being socially engineered through acts of violence and pattern recognitions software should be proving to many people and many people have access to this, that these incidents and it’s not a few, I can go on for hours talking about them, there are so many of them and they have so many of the same characteristics that many of them, not all, but many are being perpetrated by our own government.”

Article-US gov. involved in program to break down the cohesive aspects of US society

The video attached to the article.
Gordon Duff on Press TV US Government Using Domestic Terror

edit on 25-7-2012 by dreamingawake because: video

edit on 25-7-2012 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Time to awaken the American sheeple!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

S & F

I found this information interesting to say the least.
I'd like to hear what other members have to say on this. I have a feeling this could turn out to be a worthwhile topic to explore objectively .

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

S & F

I'd like to hear what other members have to say on this. I have a feeling this could turn out to be a worthwhile topic to explore objectively .

Thanks, I agree. Looking for more details into what is mentioned(the algorithm program for example) and hope others add to it as well.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Wasn't palantir the name of the crystal ball that the wizards looked at on Lord of The Rings?

That in itself is spooky to me...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
S & F
This article grabbed my attention and scared the crap out of me. Add to this software an expert in game theory and we, the people will be manipulated so efficiently that we'll gleefully accept a totalitarian solution to a manufactured problem. I may have used the wrong tense in the previous sentence because it feels like this is happening now. And the worst part is our tax dollars foot the bill.

It makes me pine for the days when a single computer filled a room and was designed to play chess.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Early investments came in the form of $2 million from the CIA's venture arm In-Q-Tel and $30 million from Thiel and his firm, The Founders Fund.

Well, that's encouraging. We can rest assured they would never use palantir for nefarious purposes

Duff is master of overt speculation and grandiose sweeping conspiracy writing. However, he offers nothing in the way of proof here as to these charges. While I might agree with his notions they amount to nothing more than editorializing on the subject.
If you want government programs that destroy families look no farther than welfare.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This is a subject I've been aware of for along time. It started long before violent attacks. Look at how separated we are on just a physical level. Communities are weak, everyone drives separately, people live separated by their homes, there are neighbors who spend long periods of lives in close proximity to one another and still have never talked to each other, et cetera. All of us have access to devices to contact anyone in the world, yet most of us never really talk to the people right next to us, they don't want to hear it.

We could spend days on how different the American people are on emotional, mental, and intellectual levels. Ever heard of the Power of the People? Well it's gone, that phrase represents the person who has the largest group backing them, and if we all stand as individuals, a SWAT team trumps everyone of us, no matter how many guns you have. When we all get on board with the abolishment of the current government and reinstatement of a government that actually works for the majority of the populace, we will then see the changes we need.

That'll never happen simply because most people think it's rude (or lame) to talk about politics or religion, which I couldn't disagree with more, It's okay to talk about sex in public but it's socially wrong to discuss the things that lead, dictate and run our lives. Nonsense.
edit on 26-7-2012 by wishful1gnorance because: editing

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Stop stop stop stop...Hold on. The CIA invested in this very company. So, if anything, they are promoting the "results" of the program.

Maybe it's NOT like they're saying. Maybe they are just using the news as a tool (as they usually do) to say that the "big and powerful gov't" is dividing people. I mean, come on, it's the CIA! That's their job.

The real enemies here are groups that are working with the corporations that already run the gov't. They know who they are. The police need to wake the fudge up and realize that they are just as oppressed as any other group. Their children do not stand any better chance than any other children of low- to middle-income earners. Is it your job to screw yourself over too? Come on! Guess it's that delusion that if you feel you are one of them, that you are immune from their detrimental effects.

Maybe they are trying to divide us, but they could be using this news as a tool to further do that. Maybe it's hardly working. We have the Occupy movement. That counts for something. Imagine if there were none. Nobody protesting or making a fuss. That would be very horrifying. I think there are examples to be seen of people banding together too! That doesn't serve their agenda, so they don't mention it. People ARE waking up and actions are being taken, slowly, to bring a tiny bit of justice to the fraudsters.

Problem remains that our gov't is completely filled with people intent on screwing the general public over. That is a huge problem. They're all working for the wrong people.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Duff is master of overt speculation and grandiose sweeping conspiracy writing. However, he offers nothing in the way of proof here as to these charges.

Are we to just ignore things such as JFK's assassination because we have no PROOF?

Should we just ignore 911 coverup because we have no PROOF?

Are you saying that because we have no PROOF of the NWO we should just shut up and pretend that everything is OK?

The biggest piece of evidence for the existence of a global conspiracy is the fact that the PROOF is being covered up.

What would happen if we ignored all of the crimes that we don't have proof for?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is a tad creepy, since I've been thinking of making a thread very similar to this the past few days.

We, as a society, are on the brink of collapse I believe. We no longer have the desire or ability to 'agree to disagree.' Anyone who does not share our opinion is now the enemy and we choose to no longer listen... actually listen... to one another.

We've been preached to that diversity is a strength. Whether or not that is the case is of little value... but it should be fairly obvious that there is a massive endeavour by certain groups in this nation to divide everyone.

By race.
By religion.
By age.
By financial status.
By occupation.
By political affiliation.

Civil discourse is almost a thing of the past. Look how quickly and angry we get at one another over anything.. take the Chik-fil-A controversy for example. One person shares their personal belief in a supposedly free society and he is almost drug into the town square and hung for stating his belief.

But why would the US government do such a thing as to divide the nation? To conquer us, of course. To make sure that when/if the time comes for totalitarian control it will be a walk in the park.

I hope I'm being paranoid, but damned if things these days seem worse than ever before.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Additionally, did anyone else see that Peter Thiel (PayPal) is a cofounder of Palantir?

He is also the cofounder of the Seasteading Initiative..

The Seasteading Institute

Funny that. Wouldn't fracturing society into tiny groups play right into the vision of the Seasteading Institute? Also, Thiel is hoping and pushing for the technological singularity... maybe it's time to follow the money on this.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Without quoting and sources as many are already in the know, this goes back before current technology and techniques IMO.

Think back to coc aine being brought into America by the CIA and distributed in the poorer areas of cities. If that wasn't successful in separating certain segments of society than I don't know what is.

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
...Ah. Finally, it dawns.

That's all I can say.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Well it's not working because the more this type of crap happens they angrier I get at the government for not being able to get ahead of the red flags and stop it.

If this is true, they are not helping themselves.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Great post, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thanks for the all for the replies, lots of great points have been brought up.

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Thanks for the info, not familiar with Duff. Thiel on the other hand...

Originally posted by Dreine
Additionally, did anyone else see that Peter Thiel (PayPal) is a cofounder of Palantir?

Seen that and it ate at me the most. Yes, follow the $ and ...the power.

Originally posted by Dreine
This is a tad creepy, since I've been thinking of making a thread very similar to this the past few days.

Thanks for sharing. I really don't recall such a divided time as now(in the past 30 years). The topic would make for a very good thread.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I haven't read the article yet, I will do so.

But the agenda to destroy the cohesive aspects of american society started way earlier, durign the Cold War.

In searching for the best way to keep Communism out of the US and insure that the people wouldn't become infected by it, focusing on extreme individualism development in the people from a young age was done.
The more they could develop in the people the attitude of individualism and a repulsion to civic and collective duty and consciousness, the less vulnerable they would be to Communist ideals.

This is what caused the fabric of the nation to fall apart, and the culture wars within that followed.

The mistake was recognized in the 80's, they saw that instead of makign the country stronger, it was causing it to disintegrate, so all kinds of ways to try to pull the people back together through tactics such as "common enemy" (axis of evil and all) have been employed to re-create bonds.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Our greatest enemy is our government sadly. Their leadership is being motivated by evil. Plain and simple. Old kicks from new tricks.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

S & F

Left, right, Republican, Democrat, liberal, conservative - they have been grinding that into our heads since Fox news took to the airwaves. They have us fighting amongst ourselves while they rip us off. The "gridlock" in Washington is by design..

top topics

join