It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Makes Guns with a 3D Printer

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zompoc

Is it not that, your allowed to make one copy for yourself?

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Choice777

Under our present system in the world, money is needed to buy things. To get money you work. It will cost a lot of money to make these robots and the people funding it will desire a return on their investment. Where do you get the idea that starving is a good thing. Most people will be starving and will become slaves of the ones with the robots. My mindset is real. Anyone surviving without having to depend on their technology will have to be eliminated. This is what I would do if I was one of the ones running the new system anyway. Any one who challenged the system would be quickly eliminated.

I am a realist and can see the direction we are heading to. The greedy aren't going to disappear, they will gain power. It will be comply or starve. The population of the world will be reduced by tenfold. I have nothing against anyone and know that a huge reduction in the human population is the best way for the earth to keep providing for the remaining humans and the animals and plants of the world. Eliminating mankind totally will actually hurt the earth because without man to put out forest fires and burn old dead wood the natural fires would scorch the earth. We are a necessary part of nature. We have just forgot we are a part of nature and hold ourselves above it..

There is no free ride here on earth. Wake up, this isn't a dream.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I do not know of any 3d printer that can print metal. However you have CADCAM milling machines that can take a 3d computer file and mill it out of metal.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I do not know of any 3d printer that can print metal. However you have CADCAM milling machines that can take a 3d computer file and mill it out of metal.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Man that is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen! Youtube if full of videos of people making homemade assaut weapons, but this just takes the cake!

Everyone should have one of these printers!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The only thing the 3D printer created was the lower receiver, click on the link to view it. The barrel and upper internals were made of metal from an arms manufacturer.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
DP
edit on 27-7-2012 by DisUglyBoyHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

You learn to make things looks professional with non-professional things when you are surrounded by people involved with publishing. lol. But it is a real model in the physical world.

It's "suppose" to be a lamp shade of some kind. I say "suppose" to because in reality is just ended up being a sculpture of sorts for my home. Well....what's left of it anyway lol. It's very brittle and broke in half about a month after I made it.

edit on 27-7-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NAMTERCES

Probably not, but there is honestly no way for anyone to know. That's the scary part of it. Anyone with access to disposed metal would in essence have the capacity to build the weaponry of a small army...at least in 20 years.
edit on 27-7-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisUglyBoyHere
The only thing the 3D printer created was the lower receiver, click on the link to view it. The barrel and upper internals were made of metal from an arms manufacturer.

Yeah well thats pretty bad ass! You can get an upper kit anywhere! It not really that surprising and nothing new you can make a AK-47 reciever with some flat stock and a few beding jigs. Stens are a good project as well.

I have built several UZI's over the years.

The HK MP5 reciever is an easy project as well.

If you can find the video watch the Gunsmith of Williamsburg. The guy builds a high quality kentucky rifle from scrap iron and a log.

Can you say the cat is out of the bag! Legislation only effects the lawful gun owner! 2nd line or amendment I should say!

Outlaw guns and only criminals will have em!
edit on 27-7-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
A good little video about 3D printers.

or a bit of metal 3D printing..

Enjoy....

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Would be nice, but I highly doubt it..... Think the owners of the robots are just gonna start giving everything away free? Somehow I don't see that happening.

People have money today, right ? so they're gonna have money by the time someone make a damn good A.I. then it's just a matter of putting it in all sorts of robot shapes. Everyone has cars today.now look back 100 years, of course back then everyone having at least one cars would have seemed impossible, now look forward 100 years.
Get it ? As soon as A.I. is done we're golden. It's like reinventing electricity and the start of the industrial age.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I am truly surprised. I though 3D printing was still at its beginning... tech evolves faster than I though. Thanks, OP.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Under our present system in the world, money is needed to buy things. To get money you work. It will cost a lot of money to make these robots and the people funding it will desire a return on their investment. Where do you get the idea that starving is a good thing. Most people will be starving and will become slaves of the ones with the robots. My mindset is real. Anyone surviving without having to depend on their technology will have to be eliminated. This is what I would do if I was one of the ones running the new system anyway. Any one who challenged the system would be quickly eliminated.

I am a realist and can see the direction we are heading to. The greedy aren't going to disappear, they will gain power. It will be comply or starve. The population of the world will be reduced by tenfold. I have nothing against anyone and know that a huge reduction in the human population is the best way for the earth to keep providing for the remaining humans and the animals and plants of the world. Eliminating mankind totally will actually hurt the earth because without man to put out forest fires and burn old dead wood the natural fires would scorch the earth. We are a necessary part of nature. We have just forgot we are a part of nature and hold ourselves above it..

There is no free ride here on earth. Wake up, this isn't a dream.

No man..see again you take one simple error and go off on it and expand the error into a huge monumental fail.
You say there's no money. Well there is money today. And you say it will cost a lot of money to make these robots.
Says who ?
Sure it did cost a lot of money to make the first cars, but now cars are cheap. Once we get A.I. figured out we can make robots by the shipload.
Ok ? It only take A.I. right now.the rest of the tech is already here...all the mechanics are preety much a walk in the park.
SO you take the lack of money cause you take the lack of small prices as a given and then you start to make a story about how everyone is gona starve to death and stuff .gee ..get a grip.
And somehow some people will be the only ones to have robots...who exactly is "they" ?
Cause yo usay " they "...moving on ..you end up saying there's no free ride ...oh well there wil be once A.I. is ready.just look at al the fancy tech that was once very very secret and impossible ot aquire by normal people..i doubt there's any tech left out there, known tech, thats hasn't been replicated by people..cnc machines, robotics, diy pc, diy electron tubes, diy uav , diy anything for Christ sake..
You really thing nobody wil be able to make another A.I. once the first few generations are sold to the public ?
It will all be as common as windows one day. With everyoen adding and removing stuff..llike android phun intended

edit on 28-7-2012 by Choice777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shogu666
Resource based economy is very much possible and soon cyclical based consumption of economics is gonna implode.

The sooner we will start transition the easier it will be.

edit on 27-7-2012 by shogu666 because: (no reason given)

Could you elaborate on this post ?
What transition are you referring to ?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
So in reality with one of these printers, one can make what ever futuristic weapon he can come up with! They come up with the right design for something that we have never seen or used and it could be very destructive. LOL...
Anyone up for building a a super weapon, just kidding, so how do we keep terrorists from making a nuclear device with it?
How possible is it to create such a printer that can use the internal particles from atoms to create any element we want, then we would be able to have some control over radiation!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I don't think we are even close to having artificial intellegence..... We have large complex algorithms, that try to mimic intellegence.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGrunt

at the moment printing stuff can require heating stuff to high temperatures which will make building stuff like PCB's hard so the more complex stuff will be a long way away from just being able to print out a multi material item with multiple layers so while you may be able to fabricate a basic firearm you'll be in trouble trying to fabricate a motion sensor

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
I can envision the near future having these 3d printers available at a mall or at home. The money will be in the blueprint files. Example, say one needed a part for his car or something else, he could have it printed with a paid licence copy of the blueprint.

Ha, just found this

On Monday, The Pirate Bay announced (thepiratebay.org/blog/203) that it has launched a new category for torrents, 3D printing blue-prints. This is not as ridiculously optimistic as it sounds.
neurobonkers.com...

The future is gonna be pretty cool.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

That is why I think they are going balistic over intellectual property rights, and why they have been saying for years most manufactoring job's "will never come back". Heck the whole outsourceing thing may either be an attempt at disrupting China(via civil war when economic collapse happens due to 3d printers because they are a manufactoring based economy, lmao the irony), but I digress.

Imagine food 3d printers, all you need is "food crystals"s or food powder(like dry milk), and the machine handles the textures and flavoring. There are so many applications for this technology. It is really that big of a game changer. Once this technology becomes developed, the impact on everyones life will be greater then the impact the industrial revolution had.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join