It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's first steps towards gun restrictions?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It's time people turned in their guns. COPS AND MILITARY INCLUDED! What is the point, exactly???? No!!! Guns don't kill people....but they sure do make a person "brave"! Now, let's all put our guns in a pile, walk away, and act like we have a brain!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

Brains are no good when they are spilled all over the floor!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

So let's pretend your imaginary world, where ALL guns can be taken away is possible. If the criminals hellbent on killing somehow all lost their guns too (which they wouldn't) then they would just resort to even more dangerous methods. Just think if James Holmes hadn't had guns, he could have killed several times as many people with the explosives he made.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7

So let's pretend your imaginary world, where ALL guns can be taken away is possible. If the criminals hellbent on killing somehow all lost their guns too (which they wouldn't) then they would just resort to even more dangerous methods. Just think if James Holmes hadn't had guns, he could have killed several times as many people with the explosives he made.

Hey, as long as you're happy in your belief. But, you know what, crime will ALWAYS be. What's all this "criminal" business??? Seriously??? We're all "criminals" in the eyes of TPTB! So, tell me....what was the purpose of creating such "weapons"? There was a REASON why guns were invented; and like everything that's invented for "good", it always turns out to be used for "bad". So, please tell me, what is the purpose for bullets, bombs, chemicals, etc, etc???

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
So, only soldiers and criminals are to own AK47s. I think that may have been a slight gaffe on his part. Though I don't own one, I do know several law abiding citizens that do own them.

I also believe that our soldiers (US) don't use the AKs, except for our special forces. Whose soldiers is he referring to?

So much to think about in that one short sentence. It actually caught me off guard when I first heard about. Why mention AKs when the shooter used an AR?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
People are so dumb though. They'll buy them and store them unlocked in there house. Or they have a gun locker. Or if they're a bit smarter they hide them in the walls or bury them in the back yard or get some kind of storage unit. But the problem is all that is way too obvious. And if you lie and say you don't have any guns, and they come and use some kind of ground penatrating radar and other sophisticated detection units they'll easily find those hidden guns as they'll know they're on your property somewhere. The key I think is to keep them off your property and also have more than one stash. Like burried away somewhere. I wouldn't mind having a gun but I think they're trouble.
edit on 26-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The ban on supposed assault weapons is ludicrous and anti constitutional....The express purpose of the 2nd was to allow for a "militia"(read citizen army) that has the capability and the numbers to change the goverment should it be taken over by foriegn or internal enemies of the constitution itself......
These weapons are the LEAST offensive of the current crop of weapons the Army has at its disposal.
The number of citizens who take exception to the goverment woud have to be in the neighbourhood of 50% or higher to initiate such a movement with any hope of changing the goverment.Armed with mere M16s the militia
is well served but poorly equipped for revolutions.
Obama is trying to incrementally slip in full and restrictive gun control.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I knew it would not be long before the President would start groveling about gun control. I say, keep it up and dig that hole even deeper. Come November, all it will take is swift breeze to blow his house of cards down. Another poster already mentioned the gaff about AK-47 and soldiers. To my knowledge, the standard assault weapon for the US military is either the M-16 or the M-4, and not the Kalashnikov. I know it is the premier weapon of communist insurgents, the Soviet Union and the former Eastern Bloc, and guerrillas. Makes you go hmm?

On the other hand, I don't see his words going any further than out of his mouth. He is no position politically to put any muscle behind this issue. As long as the economy remains a basket case, his job will continue to be on shaky ground. I think this statement is merely a pandering ploy to appease his base on the far left? Besides, I read that gun sales soared in Colorado after the Colorado Shootings. .

Colorado gun sales soar after mass shooting: report

Gun sales in Colorado have soared in the aftermath of the shooting tragedy in Aurora that claimed 12 lives and left 58 wounded, the Denver Post reported Tuesday.

Background checks carried out on customers as they buy guns were up 41 percent in the wake of Friday's shooting at a packed cinema in the Colorado town, the newspaper reported.

Apparently, a good number of people have a different matter of opinion on the subject than that of the politicians at this time? If this goes any further than mere political pandering? He is getting dangerously close to that "Third Rail," of politics. Furthermore, he will have officially gone off the reservation in terms of playing it safe as other liberals have done in election years by remaining at the center instead of veering off too far on the left. I think he is playing with fire on this one.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I have....absolutely no idea what point you're trying to make.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
One thing i feel is that it's too late to defend ourselves from tyranny with our guns. We we're given the right to bear arms for that very reason, but at this point in time, the police and military would slaughter every last person that tried to stand against them. No doubt in my mind.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The ban on supposed assault weapons is ludicrous and anti constitutional....The express purpose of the 2nd was to allow for a "militia"(read citizen army) that has the capability and the numbers to change the goverment should it be taken over by foriegn or internal enemies of the constitution itself......
These weapons are the LEAST offensive of the current crop of weapons the Army has at its disposal.
The number of citizens who take exception to the goverment woud have to be in the neighbourhood of 50% or higher to initiate such a movement with any hope of changing the goverment.Armed with mere M16s the militia
is well served but poorly equipped for revolutions.
Obama is trying to incrementally slip in full and restrictive gun control.

Lets get real though. Even if all the citizens decided they would somehow try and change something, they still likely couldn't take out the amr---i. Because it's approximately .8% of the total US population. Plus all the hardware. There's no way they could do anything as citizens are too scared and don't know how to fight. That's not what they're trained to do. What they do is whatever the g--v tells them to. We'll always be just too dosile for that now. The only thing that might cause some waves is if there was some kind of total shtf melt down where people had no economy, no food, water, gas or utilities, then in short order there would be mass chaos. But they'd be fighting each other more than anyone else. They'd still be too afraid to att--ttt--ack any arm-i base thats' for sure.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I'm kind of shocked this isn't a huge deal on ATS. I guess people are too busy wasting their time making James Holmes famous.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

He's famous at the UN.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

One thing i feel is that it's too late to defend ourselves from tyranny with our guns. We we're given the right to bear arms for that very reason, but at this point in time, the police and military would slaughter every last person that tried to stand against them. No doubt in my mind.

Thats not entirely true. More police and military would not obey unconstitutional orders as opposed to those who would.

Anyways it works like this, at least in the police force, there are those who are union and those who are not. Either way both take an oath to defend the constitution.

Some however, would disobey their oath for a measly paycheck or power trip.

Those who do not would stand against tyranny at that point we inherit some of their heavy weaponry and tech.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join