It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Jesus? Son of God or God?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
b] 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

Magnificent!

And his "voice" that's both the word and his character conjoined, at least in my experience. I hear him and I thank him for drawing me to him.

Here's another application of obeying and hearing the voice of the Good Shepherd.

Jeremiah 7:21-26

21 Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: “Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices and eat meat. 22 For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices. 23 But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.’ 24 Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but followed the counsels and the dictates of their evil hearts, and went backward and not forward. 25 Since the day that your fathers came out of the land of Egypt until this day, I have even sent to you all My servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them. 26 Yet they did not obey Me or incline their ear, but stiffened their neck. They did worse than their fathers.

We know our Shepherd and we hear his voice and his voice is the voice of God.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

What you call my "word games" is just the culmination of years of research and contemplation, and even a "dark night of the soul" or two. If you had any idea of the energy that went into distilling these words I share, you wouldn't be so quick to jump down my neck over it. It took work, lot and lots of work, so that what you get, are a few paragraphs served up for your consideration.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

What you call my "word games" is just the culmination of years of research and contemplation, and even a "dark night of the soul" or two. If you had any idea of the energy that went into distilling these words I share, you wouldn't be so quick to jump down my neck over it. It took work, lot and lots of work, so that what you get, are a few paragraphs served up for your consideration.

I suppose it is work to make a mountain out of a molehill, and exercise fantastic elaboration for issues so trivial.

After all the embellished words, people stand around and look and they find you still only have a molehill.

Everyone knows Jesus lives only in the minds of the living, and that memory has been so corrupted from that of real Jesus that it becomes the myths you like to perpetuate and embellish even further.

Me, I like this fella and he tells it like it really is:

www.exminister.org...

A question I am often asked about my evangelical activities on behalf of skepticism is, "Why are you doing this?" The question itself implies that I am doing something disgraceful and shameful or at least something I am not entitled to do. I don't remember ever being asked when I was a preacher why I was so evangelical about my beliefs. When I made known my plans to go abroad as a missionary, the announcement was greeted with praise and admiration. Nobody asked, "Well, why do you want to do that?" In other words, we live in a society where people believe that it is proper for those who have religious convictions to be evangelical. They can build churches, publish papers and journals, go door to door distributing tracts, preach on the airwaves, organize to support political causes favorable to their beliefs, impose public prayers on everyone in attendance at nonreligious meetings, and do just about anything they want to in promotion of their beliefs--all the while enjoying tax exempt status--but atheists and skeptics should not have the same right. They should sit idly by and allow blatantly absurd religious doctrines to be propagated without opposition.

edit on 27-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Molehiill factory

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Golgotha aka Calvary was a tad more than a "molehill"! At that precise moment when the Great Work or the Magnum Opus was completed, realized there, in perpetuity, was an event situated or perched atop (well both top AND bottom I suppose) the very apex of the universe!

A molehill!

edit on 27-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Golgotha aka Calvary was a tad more than a "molehill"! At that precise moment when the Great Work or the Magnum Opus was completed, realized there, in perpetuity, was an event situated or perched atop (well both top AND bottom I suppose) the very apex of the universe!

A molehill!

I've seen all your Jesus died for everyone's sins bit. Jesus died (but not really) for the Sins of the Pharisee and the Saducee over this little embellished word games for what was god in his book and what was the god of the Harlot church.

You likely still don't have a clue to who his daddy god was.

Jesus died (not really-but for sake of passion story) because of people that didn't understand all the parables, allegory, and metaphore games and the Pharisee calling him a sorceror and playing god. This same nonsense still happens today.

edit on 27-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Whose sins were the issue.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You've got it all worked out!

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

There are actually two coming.
The first one will be the false prophet, who will also be able to perform signs and wonders.
The false prophet will herald in the Beast, aka Antichrist.

Therefore, while you expect one, there will actually be two.....leaving you ripe for the deception which is to come.

Jesus of Nazareth is the Light of the World~ the One Who was, and is, and is to come.

Do not be fooled my sister, for our Redeemer has already come and when He returns there will be no question as to the validity of my words here and of the scriptures.

All will see Him, and all will bow before Him.
Thus there will be no question of His eternal authority, because no one will be able contemplate whether they believe it is truly Him.
It will be unlike the appearing of the false prophet and beast, as there will still be many among mankind that may hesitate before coming to terms with their belief in what is ultimately The Lie.

Use that knowledge and understanding for the salvation of your eternal soul when these things begin to take place, and may the peace and discernment of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Do not let the profundity of the depth, breadth and utter comprehensiveness of Almighty God's love for us, His most treasured creation, escape your understanding.
For His love for us is so complete, in that He humbled Himself to become one of us and pay the penalty for our salvation back unto Himself.
All that, despite the fact, that we were still sinners and to Him, sin is death. And for Him, it was death on a cross.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Are gods mortal, or immortal? No one has a true definition for the term "god", except as a being that is worshipped. Is that all that's necessary to be called a god?

Absolutely not. Millions of people worship Eminem.

That might in fact be a good thing. I think he has found a personal relationship with god and is in fact here doing the work needed in his own way.

"Not Afraid"

[Chorus:]
I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid)
To take a stand (to take a stand)
Everybody (everybody)
Come take my hand (come take my hand)
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just letting you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road (same road)

[Intro (during Chorus):]
Yeah, it's been a ride
I guess I had to, go to that place, to get to this one
Now some of you, might still be in that place
If you're trying to get out, just follow me
I'll get you there

You can try and read my lyrics off of this paper before I lay 'em
But you won't take the sting out these words before I say 'em
Cause ain't no way I'ma let you stop me from causing mayhem
When I say I'ma do something I do it,
I don't give a damn what you think,
I'm doing this for me, so # the world
Feed it beans, it's gassed up, if it thinks it's stopping me
I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt undoubtedly
And all those who look down on me I'm tearing down your balcony
No if ands or buts, don't try to ask him why or how can he
From "Infinite" down to the last "Relapse" album
He's still #ting, whether he's on salary paid hourly
Until he bows out or he #s his bowels out of him
Whichever comes first, for better or worse
He's married to the game, like a # you for Christmas
His gift is a curse, forget the Earth, he's got the urge
To pull his dick from the dirt, and # the whole universe

[Chorus]

Okay quit playing with the scissors and #, and cut the crap
I shouldn't have to rhyme these words in the rhythm for you to know it's a rap
You said you was king, you lied through your teeth, for that
# your feelings, instead of getting crowned you're getting capped
And to the fans, I'll never let you down again, I'm back
I promise to never go back on that promise, in fact
Let's be honest, that last "Relapse" CD was ehhh
Perhaps I ran them accents into the ground
Relax, I ain't going back to that now
All I'm trying to say is get back, click-clack, blow
Cause I ain't playing around
It's a game called circle and I don't know how, I'm way too up to back down
But I think I'm still trying to figure this crap out
Thought I had it mapped out but I guess I didn't, this #ing black cloud
Still follows, me around but it's time to exorcise these demons
These mother#ers are doing jumping jacks now!

[Chorus]

And I just can't keep living this way
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up, I'ma face my demons
I'm manning up, I'ma hold my ground
I've had enough, now I'm so fed up
Time to put my life back together right now! (now)

It was my decision to get clean, I did it for me
Admittedly, I probably did it subliminally
For you, so I could come back a brand new me you helped see me through
And don't even realize what you did, believe me you
I been through the ringer, but they could do little to the middle finger
I think I got a tear in my eye, I feel like the king of
My world, haters can make like bees with no stingers
And drop dead, no more beef flingers
No more drama from now on, I promise
To focus solely on handling my responsibilities as a father
So I solemnly swear to always treat this roof, like my daughters
And raise it, you couldn't lift a single shingle on it!
Cause the way I feel, I'm strong enough to go to the club
Or the corner pub, and lift the whole liquor counter up
Cause I'm raising the bar
I'd shoot for the moon but I'm too busy gazing at stars
I feel amazing and I'm

[Chorus]
edit on 28-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Prophet of God.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

What else did Jesus say?

Matthew 10:37

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

I dont know because I do not think there is a credibale source to tell me what he really said. Thank god that the Buddist handled it better from my point of view and really wrote it down without there being any contradictions and told in plain words that cannot be missinterpeted the message that came to Buddha. I am a logical person so I can find god and the direction home from that direction easier. And you who say it is not god can have you opinions. I have my own proof that I am chossing the path that leeds me home. But then I have never belived anything without reason and logic to back it up. And I still belive in god and love the feelings I sometimes get from him.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

If you mean me, I can only be responsible for what I'm trying to communicate. If you don't "get it" that's fine, maybe someone else might appreciate it.

But I really wanted to clarify, that many many believers in God and in Jesus Christ, don't worship idols, but seek to enjoy communion with God, which is an intimate, participatory experience, best expressed, like Jesus in and through love, the love of God above all and (no less vital) neighbor as self.

I hate ignorance, but I love all people.

That said there is a LOT of ignorance when it comes to Christianity and what we deeply believe and understand at least some among us.

Thank you for being on the right track and a person to aspire to be for me. I wish I could feel more loving to the ones who do not wanna see/experiance god themselves but wanna play with duality instead in all it forms. Religion/culture/nationalism/race/social status and so on. I am just to tired of the things we create with our views.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1
reply to post by mileysubet

Personally, I would not want to stop and chat with someone who not only doesn't love me, but denies my very existance.

Why would God want to stop and chat with someone like that?

You cannot deny god if you do not deny yourself first. If a person says he/she is alive and exists in the unvierse then from my point of view a person is in fact not denying god. He/she is aknowledging a part of god. When the person comes further in the deveolpment he/she aknowledges more when he/she is ready for more. But then from my point of view god do not 100% fit with the religious views we have. So should I follow religion or god when there is a difference in how god behaves with the scriptures? I will always choose god over other peoples perception of him when he/she speaks/informs me in his own way.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

A molehill!

I've seen all your Jesus died for everyone's sins bit. Jesus died (but not really) for the Sins of the Pharisee and the Saducee over this little embellished word games for what was god in his book and what was the god of the Harlot church.

You likely still don't have a clue to who his daddy god was.

Jesus died (not really-but for sake of passion story) because of people that didn't understand all the parables, allegory, and metaphore games and the Pharisee calling him a sorceror and playing god. This same nonsense still happens today.

edit on 27-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Whose sins were the issue.

Yes you are right. It is dangerous to know more than the priests caught up in duality. At least for the sufiists/mystics that even today lose their life for the sake of the unenlightened view of god versus the personal relationship with god.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
reply to post by queenofangels_17

There are actually two coming.
The first one will be the false prophet, who will also be able to perform signs and wonders.
The false prophet will herald in the Beast, aka Antichrist.

Therefore, while you expect one, there will actually be two.....leaving you ripe for the deception which is to come.

Jesus of Nazareth is the Light of the World~ the One Who was, and is, and is to come.

Do not be fooled my sister, for our Redeemer has already come and when He returns there will be no question as to the validity of my words here and of the scriptures.

All will see Him, and all will bow before Him.
Thus there will be no question of His eternal authority, because no one will be able contemplate whether they believe it is truly Him.
It will be unlike the appearing of the false prophet and beast, as there will still be many among mankind that may hesitate before coming to terms with their belief in what is ultimately The Lie.

Use that knowledge and understanding for the salvation of your eternal soul when these things begin to take place, and may the peace and discernment of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Do not let the profundity of the depth, breadth and utter comprehensiveness of Almighty God's love for us, His most treasured creation, escape your understanding.
For His love for us is so complete, in that He humbled Himself to become one of us and pay the penalty for our salvation back unto Himself.
All that, despite the fact, that we were still sinners and to Him, sin is death. And for Him, it was death on a cross.

The anti christ have been here for 2000 years at least in different forms. It is the antignosis movment that is around the world still that keep you from a personal relationsship with god and disconnected. Christ conciousness are here already and have always been joining the ones who are ready for Gnosis in spite of the manipulation to not find it. Jesus died because the people had the mark of the beast in them (ego) and could not let it go and was not ready for his message of egodeath/love and nonduality. I think he was in a way relived to go. Life on planet earth unconnected is a mere shadow of what life on planet earth is when you are connected so the otherside probably is even more wonderful since you can experiance more.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

spirit of antichrist has been here for quite some time--- agree

everything else you said----disagree

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

No, the "spirit of" antichrist has been here for thousands of years. "THE" antichrist, (definite article specific) has not come yet, that is a man.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It's a "good thing" that millions of people worship a man from Detroit? Interesting..

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

It's a "good thing" that millions of people worship a man from Detroit? Interesting..

They might get the message better from an equal person than from a preacher caught up in duality and hate against everything that is not like him like against muslism, racial diffences and homosexualls. I do not say worship and I am not much for worshiping. I love god and feel happy when I think of him most times when I am not upset. I say listen to a soulbrother because he might have a story to tell that might help you find something. God have all kind of messangers and you can find spirituallity in the most unusual places when you are really seeking. Even in lyrics of music that you might think cannot be thought of as holy. God is everywhere trying to show ous the way back to him. God bless us all.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It's still idolatry!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You cannot deny god if you do not deny yourself first. If a person says he/she is alive and exists in the unvierse then from my point of view a person is in fact not denying god. He/she is aknowledging a part of god.

It sounds like you are equating the universe with God.
I think of the universe as a material entity where God is distinct as being not bound to those physical laws nor defined by them. We are in turn different from God as humans who are bound by those laws since we are of a species that combines the material with the spiritual in our definition.
edit on 28-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join