It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor of Boston to Chick-Fil-A: Get Lost!!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Soooo....

allowing homosexuals to get married means you can't get married because they aren't allowing you to practice your religious beliefs?

I was with you until you started claiming that.

Allowing homosexuals to get married does not mean it's an attack on marriage nor does it infringe upon your religious beliefs.

You Christians have such a persecution complex and will use any dirty trick in the book to put people down.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Dear Chic-Fil-A I will be dinning at your establishments the next chance I get. Not because I agree with your stance, but because I believe you have a right to that stance. I have no issue with gay marriage/unions, simply because they are none of my business, but I also find it ironic that a group that wants to be accepted for their way of life, chooses to work so hard to berate you for yours. I often hear from the gay/lesbian community "how does my happiness affect your life," and I completely agree with that, but how does someone that believes in traditional marriage affect the life of a gay couple? If Chic-Fil-A had said that they didn't want gay people in their establishments, i'd be onboard with the boycott, but they simply said they were a private business and what the beliefs of their family are, which is their right. In far more important news, thank god for the coming rain.

The problem here is a little more complicated than the CEO stating his religious belief. Chick-Fil-A has donated millions of dollars to anti-gay groups. These anti-gay groups are doing everything they can, publicly and politically, to take away equal rights for gays. By association, Chick-Fil-A is also working to take away equal rights for gays.

equalitymatters.org...

In early 2011, Chick-fil-A came under fire for its donations and political ties to a number of anti-gay groups. Though Chick-fil-A continues to deny supporting an anti-gay agenda, the company has donated over $3 million to organizations like the Family Research Council and Exodus International between 2003 and 2009. And in 2010 alone, Chick-fil-A donated over $1.9 million to anti-gay causes, more than any other year for which public records are available.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
off topic sorry
edit on 26-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Dear Chic-Fil-A I will be dinning at your establishments the next chance I get. Not because I agree with your stance, but because I believe you have a right to that stance. I have no issue with gay marriage/unions, simply because they are none of my business, but I also find it ironic that a group that wants to be accepted for their way of life, chooses to work so hard to berate you for yours. I often hear from the gay/lesbian community "how does my happiness affect your life," and I completely agree with that, but how does someone that believes in traditional marriage affect the life of a gay couple? If Chic-Fil-A had said that they didn't want gay people in their establishments, i'd be onboard with the boycott, but they simply said they were a private business and what the beliefs of their family are, which is their right. In far more important news, thank god for the coming rain.

An oppressed people have every right to be ironic. It is up to the oppressed to show the oppressor what it's like to not have equal rights. Only then can the oppressors understand and perhaps help put an end to discrimination.
edit on 7/26/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Burning Qurans?

Indeed, here is a link to the incident There are also numerous threads on ATS covering this wonderful love pumping pastor.

hating homosexuals?

Yup, Like to get there 4 year olds involved with church by having them sing hate speech about homosexuals, see Here

what the hell are you talking about? I have never seen that.

Where you been!?

I'm a firm agressor on it guy, and I can't really call myself a christian because I have a large anger problem.

Yeah, id be pretty embarrassed to call myself christian considering what they've been getting up to for the past 2000 years...

But if people get all cocky in my face because I don't believe the same crap as them, there is gonna be some retaliation. Bar none. And I know many folks who do the same thing. Some times ignorance needs to get stomped down.

Dont you just hate it when someone makes a sign about how homosexuality is wrong and puts its in your line of sight? Its annoying to have to deal with that ignorance.

Being a "homosexual" is not ok how I see it. Thats my belief. But I don't persecute them on the streets (physically or mentally or threaten them) I don't care WHAT they do. Get married, I don't give a F**K.

By all means have your beliefs

And I'm sure most christians don't really care either. Do your own thing. (but if God is real, and the Bible is right, well then...)

This site is proof of how many christians oppose marriage rights for gays. God isnt real, the bible isnt right, so...

If Chick Fil A wants to say they don't support gay marriage... whats the damn harm in that? Whats the big deal.

And the elected mayor for boston is saying they dont support Chic-fil-a-bigot, whats the harm in that?

If your a gay, go be gay.

Didnt realise i needed permission

Chick Fil A is not going to arrest you in your sleep for being a homosexual!? NOT EVERY ONE IS GOING TO AGREE WITH THE HOMOSEXUALS AND YOU CAN'T MAKE THEM!!!!!!

And not everyone is going to agree with christians and YOU CANT MAKE THEM!!!

edit on 26-7-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

No it does not.

I'm sorry, but that is the truth. Allowing homosexuals to get married does not infringe upon your religious rights.

The Constitution was designed to protect the rights of minorities as well as all citizen's rights.

Something Christians can't seem to understand. They think the constitution is just for them and nobody else, just like liberals.

link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

And starbucks is owned by Jewish folk who donate millions of dollars so that the Isreali government can steal other peoples land and homes and kill thousands of innocent people every year and displace millions over the years

yet NOT ONE government official is telling them they cannot do business in any town in American, even though there are Americans who disagree wtih this and boycott their businesses....

IF the government did so, I would speak out! Why, because it is wrong for the government to do! If people want to boycott they can, if people want to speak against it they can.... but government officials cannot prevent them from doing business in any town in America!

link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I don't dispute that religions do single out homosexuals. That's not being debated really. Should they (Chick-Fil-A) be forced to change their religious beliefs to be in business? They don't refuse service to anyone. It's the same argument about abortion.

edit on 26-7-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

And starbucks is owned by Jewish folk who donate millions of dollars so that the Isreali government can steal other peoples land and homes and kill thousands of innocent people every year and displace millions over the years

yet NOT ONE government official is telling them they cannot do business in any town in American, even though there are Americans who disagree wtih this and boycott their businesses....

IF the government did so, I would speak out! Why, because it is wrong for the government to do! If people want to boycott they can, if people want to speak against it they can.... but government officials cannot prevent them from doing business in any town in America!

I don't disagree with you. I was responding to someone who wondered what the big deal was with the CEO just stating his personal belief. I am saying it is more that just a personal belief. I didn't say the government should prohibit any business from operating under the law.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Sorry!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I don't dispute that religions do single out homosexuals. That's not being debated really. Should they be forced to change their religious beliefs? It's the same argument about abortion.

No, they shouldn't be forced to change their religious beliefs and there is no evidence to suggest that they are being forced to change their beliefs. By all means, if you want to dig your own grave keep shouting about your political opinions instead of doing business. Dont pull out the victim card because someone played you at your own game and won.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Burning Qurans?

Indeed, here is a link to the incident There are also numerous threads on ATS covering this wonderful love pumping pastor.

-Thats sad. But one incident doesn't apply for all Christians.

hating homosexuals?

Yup, Like to get there 4 year olds involved with church by having them sing hate speech about homosexuals, see Here

what the hell are you talking about? I have never seen that.

Where you been!?

In Iraq and Afghanistan. How bout you?

I'm a firm agressor on it guy, and I can't really call myself a christian because I have a large anger problem.

Yeah, id be pretty embarrassed to call myself christian considering what they've been getting up to for the past 2000 years...

-ya... I can dig that. There are some that are extreme... like Muslims...

But if people get all cocky in my face because I don't believe the same crap as them, there is gonna be some retaliation. Bar none. And I know many folks who do the same thing. Some times ignorance needs to get stomped down.

Dont you just hate it when someone makes a sign about how homosexuality is wrong and puts its in your line of sight? Its annoying to have to deal with that ignorance.

-If you read the part closely, "all cocky in my FACE".
We are through internet, If we were standing face to face.. things would be different.

Being a "homosexual" is not ok how I see it. Thats my belief. But I don't persecute them on the streets (physically or mentally or threaten them) I don't care WHAT they do. Get married, I don't give a F**K.

By all means have your beliefs

-

And I'm sure most christians don't really care either. Do your own thing. (but if God is real, and the Bible is right, well then...)

This site is proof of how many christians oppose marriage rights for gays. God isnt real, the bible isnt right, so...

-Prove God is not real and make your case bold. (ya can't)
If you could, NOBODY would believe in God if the evidence was there.

If Chick Fil A wants to say they don't support gay marriage... whats the damn harm in that? Whats the big deal.

And the elected mayor for boston is saying they dont support Chic-fil-a-bigot, whats the harm in that?

-No harm, just telling all you pro homosexuals out there to relax.

If your a gay, go be gay.

Didnt realise i needed permission

-You may need permission soon enough!!

Chick Fil A is not going to arrest you in your sleep for being a homosexual!? NOT EVERY ONE IS GOING TO AGREE WITH THE HOMOSEXUALS AND YOU CAN'T MAKE THEM!!!!!!

And not everyone is going to agree with christians and YOU CANT MAKE THEM!!!

-Touche.
I like how you repeat damn near everything I say.

edit on 26-7-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Chick Fil A should give him the finger, and simply say "cool, we will take our jobs and tax revenue and go to a city that embraces the idea of different opinions".

SO much for the leftists wanting diversity....they only want diversity when it matches their beliefs.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Originally posted by pavil
No problem BH.... here's the repost

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. What he says in that article definitely sounds like he plans to block them, but the letter in the OP is simply his feelings on the matter.

But according to your article, it looks like he may succeed.

Source

““If they need licenses in the city, it will be very difficult — unless they open up their policies,” he warned.
Menino blocked Walmart from a Roxbury development last year, criticizing the retail giant’s impact on neighborhood businesses and lower-wage workers.

edit on 7/26/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

No, changing the definition of marriage has the potential to risk an already shaky constitutional right I currently hold.....

And that constitutional right is?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by faint1993

Nope, he just stated Chik fil A cannot open any business in his town....

thats railroading someone for holding a belief and having a political stance

it is unconstitutional

They are Discriminating openly against christians for their faith
edit on 25-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Yep Boston sure did. He also cut off revenue for the city with that stand, a personal stand at that. How's Boston's economy? Chik Fil would've brought jobs (construction and store workers) not to mention tax dollars to the city as well as monetary support to other businesses in the area. I wonder do the citizens think it was a good idea for the city official to turn away a source of money in a crumbling economy to take a ideology stand?
edit on 26-7-2012 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Doesnt apply for all muslims either, agreed.

In Iraq and Afghanistan. How bout you?

Little old england, not fighting a war i dont support.

-If you read the part closely, "all cocky in my FACE".
We are through internet, If we were standing face to face.. things would be different.

Out in the street is enough to be in my face imo. Is that fighting talk? I got Ninja skills yano?

-Prove God is not real and make your case bold. (ya can't)
If you could, NOBODY would believe in God if the evidence was there.

I cant prove their is no god and you cant prove their is so we are stuck. Though i believe science holds the answer.

-No harm, just telling all you pro homosexuals out there to relax.

Thats funny considering this thread is full of religious people who cant understand why this company is getting time on the naughty step from boston.

-You may need permission soon enough!!

Yeah, if they make it illegal again.

-Touche. I like how you repeat damn near everything I say.

So many replied to this thread, im getting lazy haha

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd
Chick Fil A should give him the finger, and simply say "cool, we will take our jobs and tax revenue and go to a city that embraces the idea of different opinions".

SO much for the leftists wanting diversity....they only want diversity when it matches their beliefs.

No, it's more like Chick-Fil-A is willing to take money from a state that is going against their principles, compared to a state that is willing to give up revenue based on its principles.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by EvilSadamClone

No, changing the definition of marriage has the potential to risk an already shaky constitutional right I currently hold.....

How?

Where is marriage defined in the Constitution?

Do tell.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

Like Texas?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join