It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney: 'Many' Of Aurora Shooting Suspect's Weapons Were Illegal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pisssss

Hi there. I'm a self-admitted conservative but hoped to add a moderate analysis of the context. After viewing it for myself, I think it's possible the reference to illegal weapons was misinterpreted.

I think it's grotesque than this thread is using what I perceive to be feigned outrage for 'the victims' when it's really just exploiting a tragic situation to engage in partisan hackery.

I am happy, though, that both Romney and Obama have come forward to say they do not believe more gun control laws should be created. Whether or not their words are truth, I don't know and they're still not getting my vote, as trivial as it will be. This event should not be exploited by anyone.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Romney was right the guns were illegal.

The shooter lied on his paper work to buy a gun ATF F 4473 (5300.9)
www.thundertek.net...

He lied on both question E and F.

His mental health professional should have reported to the state he has Schizophrenia and he should have been on the ban list just like the Virginia tech shooter was not reported and the Gifford shooter in AZ.

The government is allowing the lax reporting of these people,
Could they want these people to get guns and flip out just to ban guns.
It does not take a act of congress to require the reporting to the ATF and/or state government, The government could put it into laws with a simple act of posting it on the federal register.

edit on 27-7-2012 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

This is actually a glaring problem with the NICS system. If mental health records like that didn't fall under privacy laws they would have caught the lie. Once again its the SYSTEM and NOT the guns at fault here.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 30-0720127-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: Not worth it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join