It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bamboo steamer lemon pepper chicken with veggies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well I haven't posted many recipes the last 10 mths because I had a kitchen that was well not a kitchen.

old kitchen and this was literally my only counter which had a microwave on it. I had to make a table to use as a "prep" station. lol

New kitchen

I have since moved and have a huge kitchen with more counters and cabinets than I have items for(I love it)...and I have a ton of kitchen items but I'm sure in my shopping ventures I"ll fill them right up!

I am happy that I am able to cook again and share my recipes here with everyone. I really appreciate the personal messages from those who have PM'd me about my recipes telling me how they turned out when they tried them at home. I also appreciate those who have just sent messages or posted in regards to my cooking. I always enjoyed cooking and I esp enjoy sharing it with others. It's what I enjoy and it really does help with stress and it is a calming thing for me as well.

Now on to the meal!

My friend gave me a Bamboo steamer the other day and I have been dying to use it so I decided to use it tonight! This meal is simple and easy.

Bamboo Steamer Lemon Pepper Chicken W/ Veggies

Ingredients

2 thin cutlets of chicken breast
6 romaine lettuce leaves
Half of a zucchini cut anyway you want it
1 small yellow squash cut anyway you want it
1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
Lemon Pepper seasoning or fresh lemon and pepper

Wok and Bamboo Steamer

Directions
Place bottom bamboo plate in wok, fill with water til it barely touches the bottom rim of the bamboo plate.

Next take the romaine leaves and layer inside bamboo plate

I liked using the lettuce leaves over parchment paper. It added to the flavor and could be eaten with the meal.

Next add chicken

Now do the same with the second plate. Lay your leaves down then add the veggies.

Now you have two plates full of food.

Put the meat on the bottom and the veggies on top. You always want to put whatever needs longest to cook on the bottom. Place steamer in wok and cover with lid.

This meal is meant for 2 small servings or one big serving. You can add as much veggies as you like but adjust cooking time. I used an electric wok and boiled the water first in the wok before I added the food. I cooked it on 350 for about 15mins. I then took the chicken and covered it and placed the veggies back on for an addition 5mins.

Enjoy

edit on 7/25/2012 by mblahnikluver because: add pic...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ugh I can't get the color code to work for some reason. Can anyone help with that

Thanks

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This sounds delicious and healthy! The pictures help also, will need to get a bamboo cooker and wok thing before I can try this.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReadyPower
This sounds delicious and healthy! The pictures help also, will need to get a bamboo cooker and wok thing before I can try this.

Thanks

Yup it is quite healthy I would imagine. No butter or anything just natural flavors

Check your local thrift shops/second hand stores. I find the BEST kitchen stuff in them. I always find the older better made items second hand for a fraction of the cost and they will out last most anything made today. lol

I wanted to use mahi but couldn't find any fresh fillets. I will try fish next!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Ty! Inspired me to buy a traditional steamer & try this!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Now I'm hungry, can you deliver to the UK?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Now I'm hungry, can you deliver to the UK?

I have been told I tend to make people hungry. If you ever come to chat I tend to do that lol

As soon as my teleportation device is ready yup UK delivery is set!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

lol
so you weren't kidding about
"killing your new neighbors with kindness in the belly"

that's technically a "WMD" you've cooked up there

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
the Colour/Color tags seem to require being inside of no other tags.. [ b][ size=4][ color=green]Ingredients[ /color][ /size][ /b]

Ingredients

I have to get me a steamer, that looks delicious. Lemon on anything though, makes my mouth water

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by mblahnikluver

lol
so you weren't kidding about
"killing your new neighbors with kindness in the belly"

that's technically a "WMD" you've cooked up there

HAHAHA! This just cracked me up! Thanks

I lived in an apt complex years ago, probably 10 lol and my neighbors would request dinners. I would make dinner for all the bachelors basically. lol. Most would buy the ingredients and I just delivered the meals. I love it! It was like a mini kitchen in our complex. It was like Seinfeld up there sometimes!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Thanks

I'll have to ask a mod to change it because it won't let me edit it anymore.

Yes agreed, lemon is always a good way to add quick and easy flavor. I am a huge lemon pepper fan!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality
Ty! Inspired me to buy a traditional steamer & try this! [/quote

I use to have a 3 tier electric steamer and I loved that thing. I left it at an old roommates house and never went to get it. I really like the Bamboo one my friend gave me. I couldn't wait to use it!

I will probably buy an electric steamer as well esp if I come across one at a second hand shop.

join