It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions on my next handgun purchase?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

Best thing to do is go to a range with rentals, try a few & see what you like.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Your opening post did not come across as someone that is a gun collector, I think you are just saying this to justify having multiple guns. Having said that, I have no problem with people collecting guns that are of historical value. But you clearly said you are looking for a gun to carry. Which means you do plan to use it at some point if need be. I am just wondering why you need multiple functional guns?

I said I don't have these calibers in my current collection. Collectors have collections. One of my guns I mentioned is an old Czech military pistol. It stays put up most of the time. Multiple guns serve multiple purposes. I use my .22 to target practice because it is cheap. Shotgun for shooting clays. I want another carry pistol because I don't feel like I have the 'right' one yet. I feel that is important in the grand scheme of being a responsible carrying citizen.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

To the OP:

Get a Flintlock. I totally luuuurve mine. Sure, you gotta prep it each time and keep your cloths moist but damn it's fun. Not to mention, you can easily make your own ammo if you are so concerned about hold-out situations. Hell, you can throw just about anything in that barrel and it will eviscerate a fence.

You ever see a Lego go through a tree?

That is old school! I would actually love to shoot one of those. And would love even more to see a lego go through a tree

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Lol...yeah when you can shot whatever you want you sorta look at trash a different way! Have you ever shot an old tv set? Awsome! I have a 10' berm set up as a backdrop for safety and then some barrels filled with old books as smaller targets. I have swinging targets as well. It gives you a chance to move around more...use your enviornement for cover and just really make a lot of noise and have fun. How often in real likfe are you going to stand in the open and have a chance to square upi before you have to shot? I feel it gives me a more realistic scenario.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Best thing to do is go to a range with rentals, try a few & see what you like.

I think I'll do that this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to try out a lot of the guns that everyone has mentioned.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alena Michelle

I haven't shot a TV yet but I do have this broken LCD monitor I've been debating on replacing the backlight in or trashing....hmmmmmm. That sounds like a cool setup. We don't have any of the tactical type courses where you practice in a more real environment like that around here.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

One downside to Sigs is magazine cost. It's insane. I think my 20 rounder was like $75.

Seriously, My SP2022 15rd Mags are $45 a pop!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Seeing how this thread has gone so far, I am going to risk telling you that we taught our daughter about firearms and safety when dealing with them when she was a lot younger than she is now. I agree with you and will await being torn to shreds.

I think it's cool you teach your children young. I think the more they know to respect them and understand them the less chance there is of accidents happening like we've seen in the news where kids grab a gun and discharge it unintentionally.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Check out a Taurus 809 or a PT92.
Some people don't like Taurus, but they have lifetime warranty. My brother had a Taurust revolver and something happened to it and they fixed it free of cost.

Anyway the reason I say check out the 809 or PT92 is because they are cool looking and you only need one clip because they hold 17+1 round in each clip.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

That's one way to get rid of trash and blow off some steam! I have been wanting to get an old car to shot but I think they may be verging on being more of a red neck than I am confortable with! That and I would have to pick up all the blown up car bits out of the woods.
If you have $1000-1300 to spend then have you considered a long gun (blk gun)? Right now I would be more worried about them becoming hard to buy instead of handguns. You can always resale it later for more than you bought it for. Just my two cents.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by benrl

Sell your guns buddy and get get better security......it works a treat!

Seriously nobody wants to hear your anti gun propaganda the OP's post is asking suggestions and opinions about what to purchase next not to hear you try and spread your propaganda, its his right to buy a gun if he so chooses and an "Unalienable" right at that, what part of that do you people not understand? If you don't like guns then don't own one simple as that and just keep agreeing with everything you hear and see on the News and in the Papers about all gun owners being crazy armed lunatics because they're always right and they surely would not tell a lie to the public to spread their own personal agenda's.

Heck just because you hate guns I'm gonna go out tomorrow and buy another one to add to my collection, just because I can and so can any American citizen that has not been convicted of a felony or domestic violence and has no mental heath issues or drug/alchohol addictions. Its our right if you aren't happy with that then just try to deal with it or go elsewhere problem solved, good day to you from a Proud American Law Abiding Gun(s) Owner and there are more of us then their are of you so remember majority rules in any vote.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Alena Michelle

Haha it's only redneck if the old car you are shooting is on cinder blocks and there is a pink lawn flamingo nearby. I actually already have some long guns, 5.56. I was debating on getting a 7.62 though. I like the old school wooden AKs for some reason.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensdoexist

Heck yeah! I was trying to ignore them but it was not easy! I think I will go get some more guns and shot the heck outta some stuff! Just cause I can

Btw...LOVE the avatar!

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I've heard mixed things about Taurus. I love the 92 style. I was looking at a stainless Beretta 92FS. I was also looking at the Taurus 745, I liked the size of it but I read some mixed reviews. I haven't looked at the 809 I'll give it a look too.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin

Originally posted by Cuervo

To the OP:

Get a Flintlock. I totally luuuurve mine. Sure, you gotta prep it each time and keep your cloths moist but damn it's fun. Not to mention, you can easily make your own ammo if you are so concerned about hold-out situations. Hell, you can throw just about anything in that barrel and it will eviscerate a fence.

You ever see a Lego go through a tree?

That is old school! I would actually love to shoot one of those. And would love even more to see a lego go through a tree

If you can hook yourself up with a member of one of those tribal conferences (kinda like a renaissance fair but with less nerds and more native Americans), you could probably have one of them make you an authentic one for cheap. My mother actually made mine for one of my birthdays.

Oh yeah. Lego and tree? Bad. Ass.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Maybe of its a classy car then it won't be so red neck? Maybe a BMW?
Well it sounds like you have your bases covered! I would go with the .45...just my personal preference.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

That is awesome your mom made you a gun. I actually don't know a lot about those, thanks for giving me something to research

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alena Michelle

Maybe of its a classy car then it won't be so red neck? Maybe a BMW?
Well it sounds like you have your bases covered! I would go with the .45...just my personal preference.

You could shoot a Rolls Royce with one of these $400,000.00 shotguns.

London's Best

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I do not know about the person to whom you are replying but I am a responsible gun owner and I am well educated. I am 6 hours away from a PhD in Psychology. Owning guns has nothing to do with your IQ or education level. I am open minded and I consider myself to have liberal leanings. I am also smart enough to know that in the event I need to defend myself that knowing how to use a gun may come in handy. You need reassess some of these preconceived notions you have about gun owners.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join