It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions on my next handgun purchase?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Bloody hell mate, I hope to god I don't breakdown near your house and need help whilst visiting the USA. I would rather walk than knock on your door?! Probably get shot, bitten and mauled to death. They say you avatar says a lot................

Wow dude, strait to the attack, okay fine, ARE YOU A SIMPLETON, can you not read.

Ive been in that situation, IT TOOK ME TILL THE MAN WAS ON ME TO FIRE.

NOT BEFORE.

ON ME, I have a scar...

WHERE in that does it say I am shooting at my neighbors or people that knock on my door.
edit on 25-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Bloody hell mate, I hope to god I don't breakdown near your house and need help whilst visiting the USA. I would rather walk than knock on your door?! Probably get shot, bitten and mauled to death. They say you avatar says a lot................

Wow dude, strait to the attack, okay fine, ARE YOU A SIMPLETON, can you not read.

Ive been in that situation, IT TOOK ME TILL THE MAN WAS ON ME TO FIRE.

NOT BEFORE.

ON ME, I have a scar...

WHERE in that does it say I am shooting at my neighbors or people that knock on my door.
edit on 25-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

I think he may have confused you with my father....who does actually answer the door after midnight with a 9mm loaded.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Why did you have a gun in your hand in the first place? Just along for the ride?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by scorpiosin

Get out of here lol. You are not a gun collector. You are planning on purchasing a new gun to use. Not to mount it on the wall or store in a case somewhere. But ok why not sell your first gun its no longer suited for your experience and needs.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I do collect, and a lot of people do. Some people I know have large collections, including many antique guns that they would never shoot. And yes, I am purchasing it to use. By use I mean to take it to the range, enjoy some time target shooting. I am not buying it with any intent to use it in the manner I think you are insinuating on another person. I had to star Kangaruex again because I agree with her post regarding that. If I ever did have to use it in a self defense situation, it would negatively change my life forever. And I do keep them locked up in a closet safe. You make it sound like you are picturing me with guns all over the house, wildly brandishing them. That is far from the case.

I would get probably half of what I paid for my first gun, it's a common, entry level pistol. I don't HAVE to sell it at the moment, so why would I?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You guys must s* yourselves when you leave your country and go elsewhere?..........Or am I guessing right that you haven't left you country before?

Harden up guys.

No need for guns.

Guns are designed for killing. Full stop. The Bullets that go in guns are designed to maximise damage to the area it has been fired at! What else are bullets made for.....shooting at paper?

If you fire at targets, you are fooling yourself as you are simulating the act of killing something.

Completely silly to argue anything else.
edit on 25-7-2012 by CaptainBeno because: hate guns

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Thought id throw this in.

I also have a S&W 500...

Its ridiculous, I mean just an amazingly powerful gun.

its about the length from the tip of my index finger almost to my elbow...

If your out of ammo you could always use it as a club.

The man my brother bought his car from had that as his CCW, I was amazed someone would use that beast as a CCW...

Wow! I don't see how anyone could use this thing as a CCW.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Why did you have a gun in your hand in the first place? Just along for the ride?

You really want to know or are you going to be dismissive...

My wife made me take it after we heard the noise, good thing to because when I opened the bedroom door he was directly in the hallway in front of me.

Wasn't even cocked, he charged, I cocked it, he got on me, stabbed me once.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

These are just 2 stories of incidents that could have gone in the complete opposite direction than what they did.

www.foxnews.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I understand your theory on guns and why you dislike them. But is it so hard to understand why folks here might feel like they need one from time to time? Would it have been better if neither of these cases intended victims had no way to protect themselves other than a 911 operator on the phone?

Both cases involved children and both cases involved the intruders having a gun and the other a knife (plenty big enough to take down the girl and her 3 month old son with that knife). BUT they had protection and used it when they knew they needed it.

Again, I understand where you are coming from. To outlaw guns here at this point means only that the good guys will be without their's. The criminals will still have plenty and that is a scary thought.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by benrl

Mate, I'm talking about doors and windows.

Not a silly alarm.

I have security doors, but they wouldn't do me any good if I was, for example, out at a convenience store, looking at the selection of chips, and a psychopath comes in shooting people. The gun just may save my life and others.
edit on 25-7-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I can understand. I also hate the thought of guns. I really hate the thought of guns being an option.

But as you have clearly stated, you need them.

I guess in a country where "On January 1, 2008 more than 1 in 100 adults in the United States were in prison or jail."
en.wikipedia.org...

You may see the need to carry arms.

So so so sad, I'm sorry you country is a real mess.
You are right, buy more guns.
I'm sure it will solve all problems.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

whatever you buy, the .40 is the perfect defense round. i bought a Taurus pt740. its a decent gun, but a lot of punch in the palm when firing. I like the concealed carry capability of it. Double action means i am always carrying "hot".

I still like the idea of the hammerless revolver, though. I have fired the S&W .38 and .357. I was impressed with both, but preferred the .38 for overall weight in the pocket and control.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Sir, this is the only thing you said that I completely 100 percent agree with.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

So your president, political parties, NRA, TPTB, "The man" is not an option then.

The answer in your eyes is................A GUN????

Kill em all hey?

It's like throwing petrol on a fire
edit on 25-7-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
How about be an adult and do something useful with your money??

You know, you're right! He should buy this and send it to you!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

You guys must s* yourselves when you leave your country and go elsewhere?..........Or am I guessing right that you haven't left you country before?

Harden up guys.

No need for guns.

Guns are designed for killing. Full stop. The Bullets that go in guns are designed to maximise damage to the area it has been fired at! What else are bullets made for.....shooting at paper?

If you fire at targets, you are fooling yourself as you are simulating the act of killing something.

Completely silly to argue anything else.
edit on 25-7-2012 by CaptainBeno because: hate guns

Yup. You should see a hog go flying through the air, helicopter style, when i catch it in the ear from 100 yds with my 30-30 win. I usually only fire 150 grain when hog hunting to save a little on my shoulder. But even at that small grain, the killing force is absolutely devastating.

If i leave the country, I am fearless. i am fearless no matter where I go (but do not go where i should not be, for sure...fearless doesn't mean stupid). I may or may not have a knife on me. Most of the knives i carry in the US would be illegal in your average European country. My favorite knife is either a small RAT, or this S&W M&P Spring Assisted Blade. I have skinned and quartered a hog with it before. Very sharp, very versatile blade. Steel is fairly hard (it isn't a Benchmade or Spyderco...but decent steel), and it holds an edge well enough.

But my best weapon is my mind.
Always.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
wp.alexjonespodcasts.com...

Technique #4 – ‘INFORMATION COLLECTION’

Information collection is also a very effective method to determine the psychological level of the forum members, and to gather intelligence that can be used against them. In this technique in a light and positive environment a ‘show you mine so me yours’ posting is initiated. From the number of replies and the answers that are provided much statistical information can be gathered. An example is to post your ‘favourite weapon’ and then encourage other members of the forum to showcase what they have. In this matter it can be determined by reverse proration what percentage of the forum community owns a firearm, and or a illegal weapon. This same method can be used by posing as one of the form members and posting your favourite ‘technique of operation.’ From the replies various methods that the group utilizes can be studied and effective methods developed to stop them from their activities.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Originally posted by CB328
How about be an adult and do something useful with your money??

You know, you're right! He should buy this and send it to you!

That made me laugh out loud

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

So your president, political parties, NRA, TPTB, "The man" is not an option then.

The answer in your eyes is................A GUN????

Kill em all hey?

It's like throwing petrol on a fire
edit on 25-7-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

The president, the NRA, the PTB, etc., are not going to save me if some maniac comes in somewhere shooting up the place. And no, I don't want to kill anyone. That's the last thing I want. But unless every gun in the world was gone, I'm going to keep mine.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I can understand. I also hate the thought of guns. I really hate the thought of guns being an option.

But as you have clearly stated, you need them.

I guess in a country where "On January 1, 2008 more than 1 in 100 adults in the United States were in prison or jail."
en.wikipedia.org...

You may see the need to carry arms.

You are right, buy more guns.
I'm sure it will solve all problems.

I actually starred this because I agree with 99% of it. I do feel like you adding "Buy more guns. I'm sure it will solve all your problems" was another stab. If it wasn't, I apologize for ASSuming.

I would love to live in a place where all I needed was my trusty 12 gauge to have some fresh meat from time to time. If you think most Americans feel differently, then I feel you are mistaken. Nobody likes to worry about their safety in any situation.

I am old enough to remember a time when you could sleep with your doors and windows open, when you could sit on your front porch at 2 am and watch a storm roll through, when as kids...we could play in the WHOLE neighborhood until the streetlights came on, all without fear. Nobody ever feared doing such simple things before.

Now I have a 14 year old that I still have to watch get on the bus for cripe's sake. This makes me and every American I know angry. Our children have missed those things we treasured because of the chaos we live in. You are correct in saying we are messed up here. It's a whole lot wrong here. It's a whole lot here that a lot of us would love to see changed...and we own guns too.

I guess it's a lost cause. I have put out personal (feelings) information trying to make you understand a bit more about why some of us own guns, and that not all folks with guns are murder thirsty and that's all I can do. Some of us like to hunt, some of like to feel more protected. It's doesn't make us bad people. The criminal element will always have access at this point and make it harder for the upright folks, I guess it's something that we will just all have to learn to deal with. One bad apple and all that...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

i am fearless no matter where I go (but do not go where i should not be, for sure...fearless doesn't mean stupid).

THIS!!! I wish I could star 1,000 times at least. Common sense and gut instinct will save your life far more often than any weapon you could get your hands on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join