It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions on my next handgun purchase?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by benrl

Sell your guns buddy and get get better security......it works a treat!

I'd LOVE to get a moat with alligators, but my neighborhood association won't allow it

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Reply to post by scorpiosin

Ok if your other guns are not efficient why not sell them and replace it with the gun you want?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
reply to post by elmrich

My brother carries a Glock in .40 and loves it but I just don't like how it feels in my hand for some reason and I'm not sure I trust the safety on it as a carry piece.

link   

reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Some folks still like to hunt. If nobody hunted, you wouldn't be able to drive down the road safely in any rural area.

Okkkayyyyy? Um, I live in Australia.........how rural do you want to get? We really have no problems......it's called a bullbar?

No need for guns here, no call for guns here. If you did not have guns, you would not have gun problems.

We don't have bullbars here. At least not on any vehicles in my area and I live pretty far out in the sticks. I can not drive down the road without having to brake 2 or 3 times for deer running in front of the vehicle in the evening and at night and this is a heavily hunted area. We are actually asked to take down more deer some years than others because of this issue.

We have people problems...not gun problems. The guns sit by themselves until someone picks them up. Therefore it is a PEOPLE issue. An IGNORANCE issue. A GREED issue. etc. etc. etc.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
To all in USA.

Can you name another country on this planet of ours that you have the right to carry a handgun?

no?

Guess that singles you out then.

Sad isn't it, the world is a big place really. Just a shame your so small minded.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpiosin

reply to post by benrl

I'd LOVE to get a moat with alligators, but my neighborhood association won't allow it

My husband and I joke about this all the time. My finances won't allow it.
Always something...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Yea, the man killed my wifes dog, thought that would of been a good alarm.

explain that to a crack head that wants his fix...

We moved and got Pitbulls, I would never sell my guns, they proved themselves to be a better "protection" than any alarm company.

He saw me, he had my gun pointed at his face, with the laser shining in his eyes.

AND HE CAME FOR ME.

Yea and alarm would of done loads.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
A handgun is designed to kill a person. So you want to put yourself in a position where you can shoot and kill someone? Then end up like Trayvon Martin's killer? Where you're in jail because you thought you did the right thing? He who lives by the sword will also die by the sword. Your putting yourself at risk by CC my friend.

I don't. The last thing I want to do is kill someone. But I don't want to be put into a situation where I myself am shot and killed and helpless or a situation where I could have prevented other deaths. I know there are huge responsibility with CC but I take it very seriously.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Your deluded.

If there were no guns, there would be no gun to pick up? Please, you really have to admit that??? Your always gonna have angry dudes no matter where you are in the world....hey even in Australia, but alas..............no guns!

Tadaaaarr!! Simple.

Lost argument.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Here we go with the people line again. If people are being careless with gun either because of lack of education and training or because they are just not mentally perpared enough to handle the responsibility that comes with owning a weapon like a gun. Wouldnt it make sense to have some controls in place that ensure training and mental stability?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

To all in USA.

Can you name another country on this planet of ours that you have the right to carry a handgun?

no?

Guess that singles you out then.

Sad isn't it, the world is a big place really. Just a shame your so small minded.

See here the good guys and the bad guys carry. How many countries on this planet do ONLY THE BAD GUYS get to carry?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Mate, I'm talking about doors and windows.

Not a silly alarm.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Ok if your other guns are not efficient why not sell them and replace it with the gun you want?

I like collecting them. People collect stamps and comics and who knows what else. You get attached to ones you like as well after you've had them awhile. And they can be good investments too. Granted my S&W Sigma probably won't shoot up in value, but it was my first gun, I saved and scrounged for that one right after my home break-in, so I like having it. I have a WW2 Mosin Nagant and things like that and they appeal to me because of the history.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Your deluded.

If there were no guns, there would be no gun to pick up? Please, you really have to admit that??? Your always gonna have angry dudes no matter where you are in the world....hey even in Australia, but alas..............no guns!

Tadaaaarr!! Simple.

Lost argument.

The argument goes both ways. You want me to see your way, but you refuse to see my way. I can fully agree that there are disadvantages to allowing folks to carry firearms. I can fully agree that some folks are ok'ed to get a gun when they should not even be within walking distance of a bow and arrow, but YOU can not spare a moment to admit that there may be an advantage to someone owning a firearm. The argument is lost indeed.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Mate, I'm talking about doors and windows. Not a silly alarm.

Yea, thats great, thousands of dollars of remodel to a newly married couple, who just purchased a house...

Yeah you know would of worked as well? Years of martial arts training, Or having a Pitt Bull in the first place.

HInd sight is 20 20, and you know what, yes, NOW I do look into external security as well, like i said a few pit bulls go a long way.

Hopefully that, and the alarm system I now have, with a steel security door, will prevent further occurrences.

And I still have my guns, because in the end, out of all that security, its the one thing that PROVED itself in an actual situation.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Here we go with the people line again. If people are being careless with gun either because of lack of education and training or because they are just not mentally perpared enough to handle the responsibility that comes with owning a weapon like a gun. Wouldnt it make sense to have some controls in place that ensure training and mental stability?

It would be awesome to have a way to stop people from getting guns that don't plan to use them correctly. If I had to shoot and kill an intruder in my home to save my life...my life would still be forever ruined. You can choose to believe that or not. I would never be able to sleep right again, no matter that they would have killed me or my children. I hope to leave this earth never having taken another person's life regardless of circumstances. So, in a perfect world, only those who would use guns wisely would be able to get them, sadly we don't live in that perfect world.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Get out of here lol. You are not a gun collector. You are planning on purchasing a new gun to use. Not to mount it on the wall or store in a case somewhere. But ok why not sell your first gun its no longer suited for your experience and needs.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I love my xd picked it up from Springfield's custom shop. I personally subscribe to the old military philosophy two is one and one is none, on both clips and firearms. I have been robbed before while closing a auto parts store at that time i was not carrying. That will never happen again. Don't let anyone tell you that you don't have the right to carry, not only do we have the right we have the responsibility to protect our families, property, friends, and ourselves.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Bloody hell mate, I hope to god I don't breakdown near your house and need help whilst visiting the USA. I would rather walk than knock on your door?! Probably get shot, bitten and mauled to death. They say you avatar says a lot................

Good luck with your guns mate.

It's a real shame you can't see the need to sell them.

P.s. I have had people in my house before. We got into a fight which lasted about 20/30 seconds. I gave him a good smack to the face and he ran for the door. I managed to run after him, where I gave him the best kick in the bollox I could muster, he got away before the cops came. I have since boosted my security (doors/windows) etc.

I saw no need to kill this man, just protect myself and my family.

I don't own a gun, want a gun, thought about having a gun.

We just use our fists here (or perhaps the odd knife!) But I can promise you one thing, come into my house with a gun......you better use it, it better not be a fake as I'm going to kick your ass!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Ummmm you are talking about people who most likely obtained gun illegally. Just because a criminal can get a gun does not mean we should just allow anybody to buy a gun legally. I mean criminals also get their hands on strong prescription medications illegally. Does that mean anybody should be able to go into a pharmacy and get them?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join