It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions on my next handgun purchase?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

For what it matters, I agree. I carry all my handguns in a .40 cal. Any gun I "own" that isn't a .40 actually belongs to my son (and will be his officially when he is of legal age).

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm with ya'll on the .40. I just didn't own a single 9mm and figured in the end of times SHTF scenario, I'd be real pissed if I happened along a stock of 9mm ammo and didn't have a piece to use it in

And just to update, I've had some more range time with the Springfield and I've been carrying it and it's been great so far. No issues with firing it and I've put a few hundred rounds through it. It's pretty accurate too for having such a short barrel. Only complaint I have with CCW is it's a pretty thick gun, but love the short barrel. And with the compact magazine it's really easy to conceal.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm actually looking at handguns right now also, and figured I might as well throw my question onto this thread. I know we've got a lot of .40 cal guys here, but I'm just looking for something that will work for concealed carry. Here's what I'm looking at:

Walther PPK: Link

Glock 19: Link

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

If you don't already have a 1911 you need one. 'Nuff said.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yeah.A glock 19 is the best

1.ammo is cheaper
2.33 round magazines
3.tons of accessories
4.lightweight
5.legendary reliability

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
NLDelta9, that's what I'm thinking right now. I do love the 1911 by the way. I'm looking for functional comfort with this one.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by recgamer45

You have 2 tough choices there. I have a glock 19 gen 3 myself, but suprisingly....it isnt as reliable as I thought, My 19 throws casings all over the place. Ive been hit in the face multiple times, had some bounce off the top of my head, and also had some hit me in the forehead and roll down between my eyes and my glasses.....

As it turns out, I got one of the 19's that had a quirky ejector (the 336 one). From what I hear, some late model gen 3's and early gen 4's had this exact problem, and eventually glock changed from the 336.

So with that aside.....Look into the exact glock 19 you are buying. Inspect the firearm you have infront of you before you buy it. Some with the 336 ejector I hear work fine, but I just had the bad luck of the draw.

As for the PPK, I have a few friends that have the PPK and they love it. I have thought about getting a Walther PPK, until I found out about the Makarov....It's almost identical but is much cheaper.

Personally I am a fan of Russian firearms (and the Makarov is made in other European countries), and I hear extremely good reviews about them. (Plus some of them are extremely cheap, and the 9x18 Makarov round is very cheap to). Within the next couple months, Im going to get a Hungarian PA-63 MAK, problably at one of the next gun shows in my area. At the moment, the PA-63 can be found for $175-$200 at gunbroker.com.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

I have carried a 1911 .45 acp for yrs, but having lost a hundred lbs, it doesn't conceal as well as it used to do, and I find it stays home a lot now and I have opted for carrying my wife's .38 snubby which makes a heck of a heavy lump in my pocket.

A gun that stays home does you no good at all, so I am going to purchase a S&W Bodyguard which is a 9mm that fits very nicely in your pocket and has a very flat profile and includes a laser sight for about 439 bucks. I had considered the ruger LCP or LCR but they want 400+ for just the pistol and two hundred more including the laser sight.

Upon handling both when I was window shopping last week The S&W was a def better feel in my big hands and including the laser sight for the same price as the base Ruger without one, I was sold on the S&W Bodyguard.

It has been yrs since I felt an urge to carry, but the world seems to be getting worse and worse at least it is looking that way to me, and my instincts are nagging at me to get something more portable so it stays with me instead of home in the gunsafe.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
if your looking for a good pistol/rifle gun try the five seven by 28 there nice pistols they hold 20 rounds and you can use the same round in there rifle verision i forget the brand of it though

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join